Community
Search
Notices
RC Tanks Discuss all aspects of rc tank building and driving here!

HL ZTZ-99

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-2013, 09:21 AM
ssrc30

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HL ZTZ-99

I am considering getting a HL ZTZ-99. Does anyone have any experience with this tank? Is it as good as it looks? I know there is currently a lack of upgradeable parts for it but I'm not really much into upgrades anyway.

I'm also looking at getting a jagdpanther.

Thanks.
Old 04-04-2013, 11:05 AM
tomhugill

Received 23 Likes on 14 Posts
Default RE: HL ZTZ-99

There are a few in the uk, they run really well out the box, maybe get the black steel tus and a Clark board if you want to ir battle. The one at our club has no issues with grass either!
Old 04-04-2013, 11:12 AM
ssrc30

It looks like its got nice wide tracks so I'm assuming traction wouldn't be an issue, especially with the metal tracks.
Old 04-04-2013, 11:33 AM
tomhugill

Received 23 Likes on 14 Posts

Tbh id stick with the plastic tracks, it'll run better and scale sag isn't an issue like on the WWII tanks.
Old 04-05-2013, 01:32 PM
Panther G

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I like mine very much. not really any issues with it. I would actually like to increase the speed of mine since i installed reduction TU's.
Old 04-05-2013, 01:40 PM
FreakyDude

good tank for modding, kind of reminds me of an old chrysler. there is so much room in that tank for stuff it is ridonkulous
Old 04-05-2013, 02:20 PM
ssrc30

ORIGINAL: Panther G

I like mine very much. not really any issues with it. I would actually like to increase the speed of mine since i installed reduction TU's.

Would the 3:1 gearboxes not work with this tank? I've heard quite a few good reports on them and they seem to be very well built. Maybe run a higher voltage battery in it if you have to stick to the stock gears? I ran a 9.6 3500mah in my tiger with great succes.
Old 04-05-2013, 02:35 PM
ssrc30

ORIGINAL: FreakyDude

good tank for modding, kind of reminds me of an old chrysler. there is so much room in that tank for stuff it is ridonkulous

I see on the ImmortalHobbies site that there's a 2.4ghz upgrade. Is it possible to get a sound card with the ztz-99 sound effects or no? Not a big deal because I plan to upgrade the Kingtiger I plan to get as well with that set.
Old 04-06-2013, 03:10 AM
texchap

Mines great.   I put a DBRC3 with Benedini sound card in it (Thanks Dan), 400 motors, I upgraded to the black steel gearboxes.   The barrel is big enough to mount the IR emitter and flash in it.      I just wish it had barrel recoil.    Keep the plastic tracks.   I've run them a lot with no problems.  Oh, I use a tactic 2.4 radio.
Old 04-06-2013, 10:59 AM
ssrc30

You have the ZTZ? As suggested, I think I will stick with the plastic tracks on that tank. I will just order a spare set for a "rainy day" scenario, should it happen.
Old 04-07-2013, 05:04 AM
siam

Hi,
I havean issue about the tracks both plastic and metal...there is only one pin instead of two pins at each link connection.

This matter won't be a matter in case of normal driving but when you pivot the tank on high resistant surface such as grass....the track will slip at the sprocket due to the track ain't go along circlely with the wheels.It should be 2 pins at each link connection.

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Db85282.jpg
Views:	77
Size:	158.2 KB
ID:	1870267   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ql33812.jpg
Views:	118
Size:	145.7 KB
ID:	1870268  
Old 04-07-2013, 01:34 PM
FreakyDude

its possible to do anything, what it boils down to is cost and what a person wants.
ORIGINAL: ssrc30

ORIGINAL: FreakyDude

I see on the ImmortalHobbies site that there's a 2.4ghz upgrade. Is it possible to get a sound card with the ztz-99 sound effects or no? Not a big deal because I plan to upgrade the Kingtiger I plan to get as well with that set.
Old 04-08-2013, 05:55 AM
ssrc30

Another thing I've been curious about are the HL proportional smokers. Are they any good? Do they produce lots of smoke? I may order a set for the ZTZ that I'm gonna order next week unless there is a unit that is simpler to install. I'm not afraid to get into some wiring but my soldering skills are sketchy at best.
Old 04-08-2013, 06:19 PM
Panther G

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The smokers are all junk I,m affraid to say. I wouldn't waste my time with them.Unles your trying to make a smoke screen a tank should smoke very little or not at all so I never use them. Even in a diesel tank as that smoke would be dark gray or charcoal, not white.
Old 04-10-2013, 11:51 PM
ssrc30

The smokers are all junk I,m affraid to say. I wouldn't waste my time with them.Unles your trying to make a smoke screen a tank should smoke very little or not at all so I never use them. Even in a diesel tank as that smoke would be dark gray or charcoal, not white.

Thanks for the info. I was gonna put one in a ZTZ-99 but have since decided not to get one. I know that there is black smoke available but I don't think it would be worth the wait just to make my smoker look authentic. I actually decided on a Kingtiger instead.
Old 04-11-2013, 04:51 AM
Strato50

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Thanks for the info. I was gonna put one in a ZTZ-99 but have since decided not to get one. I know that there is black smoke available but I don't think it would be worth the wait just to make my smoker look authentic. I actually decided on a Kingtiger instead.
Black smoke is bad. In order to get black smoke you have to actively BURN something, which is dangerous and releases harmful fumes. Forget about using it indoors, and there is an inherent fire hazard...

Train and boat guys have been settling with white smoke for decades, unless you run a steam ship
Old 04-11-2013, 11:31 AM
ssrc30

ORIGINAL: Strato50

Black smoke is bad. In order to get black smoke you have to actively BURN something, which is dangerous and releases harmful fumes. Forget about using it indoors, and there is an inherent fire hazard...

Train and boat guys have been settling with white smoke for decades, unless you run a steam ship
I've never run anything but white smoke in any of my trains. Only downside is the residue it leaves behind. Makes for a hell of a time cleaning track.
Old 04-13-2013, 08:53 AM
ssrc30

I will be placing my order for the ZTZ-99 from Matomart within the hour. I noticed there is A real lack of unboxing/reviews on this tank so I will write one as soon as it arrives. Pictures may be in question as I will be posting from my phone but I will do my best to get some up as well.
Old 04-13-2013, 09:48 AM
Airbrushler

Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts

excellent can't wait to see it i would love to paint one up and weather it
Old 04-13-2013, 08:07 PM
ssrc30

I gave in and bought a laptop today so pictures will definitely be an option now. Maybe a review video as well.