Community
Search
Notices
RC Tanks Discuss all aspects of rc tank building and driving here!

Asiatam KV-1 Help

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2013, 07:36 PM
archelo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Asiatam KV-1 Help

Hi guys,
I just received the Asiatam KV-1 lower metal hull from RCtank.de. Dominique advised that I would need short shafts for this hull so I purchased a pair of them from him. Unfortunately, they dont fit the HL metal gear boxes properly. When I tighten all the screws up, it doesnt turn at all. And yes....the motor is unmounted. Anyone know what short shafts I could get that would drop into these gear boxes?
Old 04-10-2013, 09:23 PM
Warlord_Link

Default RE: Asiatam KV-1 Help

Hi, This lower hull need long shaft.

Old 04-11-2013, 12:19 AM
9nene

we need short shaft with metal sprocket
and long shaft for those plastic
Old 04-11-2013, 04:43 AM
Strato50

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I'm not sure what you mean. You installed new drive shafts into a HL gearbox? Or the ones you have don't fit the mounting plate?

If you're using asiatam metal sprockets yes you need short shafts. Only the HL plastic ones need long, for the KV.
Old 04-11-2013, 05:44 AM
archelo

ORIGINAL: Strato50

I'm not sure what you mean. You installed new drive shafts into a HL gearbox? Or the ones you have don't fit the mounting plate?

If you're using asiatam metal sprockets yes you need short shafts. Only the HL plastic ones need long, for the KV.
I have the Heng Long metal gear boxes with the Heng Long metal sprockets. Stock, these gear boxes come with the long shafts. I was advised that I needed gear boxes with short shafts to fit the Asiatam KV-1 hull. So...I purchased short shafts to retrofit the HL metal gear boxes. Unfortunately, they do not fit properly.

I dont intend to use the asiatam metal sprockets because they dont line up properly with the HL metal tracks. Are you saying that if I intend to use the HL sprockets i can still use the long shaft gear boxes? That would be good news.

Old 04-11-2013, 06:06 AM
Strato50

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Well, now Im even confused hehe... damn Heng Long sprockets ><

Ok I did a quick google image search and the HL metal sprockets LOOK like they need the long shafts... you can tell in some pictures.

If they look like this, long shafts

Like this, short shafts

Anyway from what you just said, if you have the HL metal ones you DO need long shafts.

If the replacement shafts you got are also HL, Im not sure why they wouldn't work anyway... unless you were running them with the sprockets on, in which case yea, they would bind for sure!

Old 04-11-2013, 07:07 AM
archelo

ORIGINAL: Strato50

Well, now Im even confused hehe... damn Heng Long sprockets ><

Ok I did a quick google image search and the HL metal sprockets LOOK like they need the long shafts... you can tell in some pictures.

If they look like this, long shafts

Like this, short shafts

Anyway from what you just said, if you have the HL metal ones you DO need long shafts.

If the replacement shafts you got are also HL, Im not sure why they wouldn't work anyway... unless you were running them with the sprockets on, in which case yea, they would bind for sure!

OK...this makes sense. The Asiatam sprockets that came with the hull are exactly like the ones in the lower picture. So the shaft type is related to the sprockets not the hull correct? Sorry for the newbie questions but Im still learning the ins and outs of this stuff.

I guess my confusion is related to why I would be told that I need short shafts if the intention is to use the HL sprockets which require long shafts anyway? Im assuming Dominque thought I was going to use the Asiatam sprockets which is why he suggested the short shafts. im waiting to hear back from him. Im going to give it a shot with the long shafts and post some pics.

It looks like the shafts I received are Asiatam not HL because the construction doesnt look similar at all.

Old 04-11-2013, 07:11 AM
archelo

It looks like you've got me sorted out strato50. I will post back hopefully tonight with some pics. Thanks everyone!