Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Tanks
Reload this Page >

upsizing Heng Long tanks...

Community
Search
Notices
RC Tanks Discuss all aspects of rc tank building and driving here!

upsizing Heng Long tanks...

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-2013, 04:45 AM
ssrc30

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default upsizing Heng Long tanks...

I was just looking at the Heng Long website and I see they had a number of 1/24 size tanks. I wonder if they will upsize any of the more modern tanks? That Type 90 I saw on there would be nice to have in 1/16 scale, as would the Leopard. They have a 1/30 Pershing on there. If the Pershing originally started out in 1/30 then I don't see why they wouldn't offer larger versions of the other models...
Old 04-13-2013, 06:55 AM
Ronan87

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: upsizing Heng Long tanks...

Simple reason: Tooling.

It's expensive to make the new tools/molds/etc.

ORIGINAL: ssrc30

I was just looking at the Heng Long website and I see they had a number of 1/24 size tanks. I wonder if they will upsize any of the more modern tanks? That Type 90 I saw on there would be nice to have in 1/16 scale, as would the Leopard. They have a 1/30 Pershing on there. If the Pershing originally started out in 1/30 then I don't see why they wouldn't offer larger versions of the other models...
Old 04-13-2013, 07:30 AM
Panther G

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: upsizing Heng Long tanks...

Not likely. It's not just a matter of up sizing, as was mentioned tooling is extremely expensive. I really wish they would they have some nice tanks in the smaller scales.