Community
Search
Notices
RC Tanks Discuss all aspects of rc tank building and driving here!

Dortmund 2013 Report

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2013, 07:55 AM
rivetcounter

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Dortmund 2013 Report

Dortmund 2013 Report
Dortmund this year was a very enjoyable event were once again RAG attended the event as usual the stand has to be built up by the members and digging 3 large piles of earth is hard work and once completed we have a large area to run the tanks scales included 1/16, 1/10, 1/8, 1/6 and 1/5 this year Armotek attended the event for the first time, the RAG members have asked me to thank Mark and Gill for allowing them to run the demo Stug and King Tiger and also abuse them at the end of the event when it’s time to trash the running ground Bodo and Florian fully enjoyed this.
I also got to meet UKTC forum member “T90bestintheworld” who also attended the event, I look forward to meeting next year perhaps you could use the same hotel as we do to join the evening entertainment.
This is a group shot of the members
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCF5547_zps59c86239.jpg
Views:	114
Size:	78.0 KB
ID:	2235651
A group shot of the members with Mark and Gill from Armortek
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCF5551_zps64893414.jpg
Views:	131
Size:	77.0 KB
ID:	2235652
I will add more pictures when time permits

Old 04-15-2013, 08:20 AM
MAUS45

Received 38 Likes on 35 Posts
Default RE: Dortmund 2013 Report

Nice looking group!!! The Tiger and the bridge look great as well. I look forward to seeing more photos!!![8D]
Old 04-15-2013, 08:28 AM
karel47

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

if i may marc am surely enjoy the team next year, i go contact christian for that anyway ... can you pb me his email mark, i've lost it
Old 04-15-2013, 01:49 PM
rivetcounter

This will give you an idea of the running ground that we sculpted
Then added cress seed and various conifer cuttings for trees

This was after we destroyed the area

And this is the 1/6 dollies having a few drinks between shows
Old 04-15-2013, 04:00 PM
herrmill

Received 63 Likes on 47 Posts

Did Feng from Hooben happen to drop in with one of his creations?
Old 04-16-2013, 03:15 AM
rivetcounter

Personally I didn’t see Feng though I did see other vendors with some new stuff and there was a rumour being spread of an impending 1/16 scale halftrack though I have been sworn to secrecy of who will release this model, pictures of new stuff coming soon
Old 04-16-2013, 04:02 AM
rivetcounter

The most important job of the day, watering the plants

Aisiatam as usual were in attendance with the new 1/16 Opel Blitz the is 4 wheel drive for better offroad performance the price is 279€

3 types of infrared lights complete with working bulbs

KV1 unterwanne in metal

Old 04-16-2013, 07:33 AM
MAUS45

The Opel Blitz looks great!!!
Old 04-16-2013, 08:05 AM
sollie

Received 37 Likes on 21 Posts

Is there something new with that 'KV1 unterwanne in metal' ore the same as welsh/rctank has in shop ?
Old 04-16-2013, 08:52 AM
Strato50

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

ORIGINAL: rivetcounter

Personally I didn’t see Feng though I did see other vendors with some new stuff and there was a rumour being spread of an impending 1/16 scale halftrack though I have been sworn to secrecy of who will release this model, pictures of new stuff coming soon
Tell me who to throw my money at!!! :P

We need more halftracks
Old 04-16-2013, 09:56 AM
Ronan87

Seems to have extra armor?

ORIGINAL: sollie

Is there something new with that 'KV1 unterwanne in metal' ore the same as welsh/rctank has in shop ?
Old 04-16-2013, 10:56 AM
strippersteel

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Great pics and looked like a fun event.  Good looking Tiger as well.

Old 04-16-2013, 01:08 PM
rivetcounter

Aero-Mate http://www.aero-mate.com/Tiger1.htm and Christian Ludwig http://www.ludwigs-hobby-seite.de/flohmarkt.html shared a stand with their more than impressive range of 1/16 models
Kugelblende with MG34 prototype still under development

Transmition and electric motors for the Tiger I, the transmition units are a work of art and run as smooth as anything made by Rolls Royce, pure quality.

Christian Ludwig had wheels and tracks for the E100 again these parts were truly magnificent detailed to the highest of standards

Christian also had this Cromwel, the picture is enough praise

And a Cromwell wheel and tyre

Also on display were the Löwe, E100 and Panther, he intends to produce both D and A versions of the Panther and I have tried to get him to work faster on this project
Old 04-17-2013, 02:13 PM
MAUS45

Thanks for pushing Christian on the Panther D & A!!! I really want to do the "A" version.
Old 04-17-2013, 03:39 PM
cleong

Received 78 Likes on 64 Posts

I spotted a pretty big crack on the chassis rails of the Opel Blitz, right around the motor mount area
Old 04-17-2013, 04:52 PM
ROLLIN ARMOUR

Cool Pictures. Thank You. When will the 1/16th Opel Blitz be for sale?
Old 04-17-2013, 07:17 PM
MAUS45

I saw it to, right behind the drivers seat where the screw is going in. I would say prototype teething issue.
Old 04-18-2013, 03:10 AM
rivetcounter

Asiatam had x2 Opel Blitz on the stand as I understand these are prototype’s to see how the truck goes together and also to see if there are any problems I would hope that this problems is sorted out by the time it comes on general release which is next month, Aisiatam will be at Munster next month so I will get more information and find out if this fault has been corrected
Old 04-18-2013, 04:49 AM
karel47

thanks mark for keeping us posted, i definaly want one

for now you can't order any one on their site nothing about the opel, also rc tanks de is still waiting

keep me posted mark
Old 04-18-2013, 12:37 PM
rivetcounter

Slight change this time we have a 1/8 Bren carrier, the tracks are made from brass from what I remember there are over 300 links to the set, detail is very good

On this board we have ÂĽ scale Tiger I tracks these are as tough as lady Thatcher and just as unbreakable the sprocket and PzIII track is from a 1/5 StugIII there are also brass 1/8 track links and the T34 wheel and links I think are 1/5 but Michael makes these parts also for 1/6 and 1/8 T34 they are made in Germany by http://www.stahlpanther.de/

Back to 1/16 scale again high quality products AFV-Model http://www.afv-model.com/ is a well-known company that mainly makes Bundeswehr conversions and full kits of MAN trucks Leopard of all versions armoured cars ETC the list is vast, first picture is tracks from the Abrams M1, they also make a full kit for this tank currently not listed on the website but if you e-mail them they will provide all the information you want and yes they speak better English than 90% of the people on this forum.

Here are a few pictures of the rest of the kits they make

Last but not least this is the front sprocket from the Armortek Stug III after the destruction of the proving ground; one has to wonder if this happened with the real thing in Russia

Old 05-01-2013, 02:13 PM
rivetcounter

This is the official RAG report with a very fast translation
http://www.rag-modellbau.de/153590/intermodb13.html
photo album
http://www.rag-modellbau.de/FotoAlbe...bum/index.html

Intermodellbau Dortmund 2013

Ig Miltärmodellbau members

Europe's largest trade fair model reopened its doors and we were there.

But before the fun once the work has been set. So we already met on Tuesday afternoon in the hall and perfectly formed, everyone was there on time, and most of them before the appointed time. So we could pounce on the pile of sand with a clenched team (12 man).

IG model terrain Intermodellbau

So brief discussion - site plan - and ran to the blades. Our club Electricians Bana has meanwhile taken care of the wiring of the state and the cottage.

The terrain was directed up the tables and now it came to decorating. Tablecloths spread on it, models, and most importantly, the famous' Fair cress ".

Table models

IG fair cress

This was of course a matter of honor for Bana, he was in a dual function also active as a gardener.

When modeling the terrain of the smell of the earth, we noticed it smelled like horse paddock, but cress should be beneficial as a fertilizer. But to Earth later!

Then there was also the first ever PR appointment. The tabloid reporters were with us at the booth and wanted to shoot a teaser photo for the main report. The show has not even started yet and we were already in the newspaper.

From a subscriber yet there was no sign, our Herbert.
When he finally had volunteered to 17h, we could go. Herbert would then come the evening to us.
So march into the hotel. To last year, unfortunately the promised renovations at the hotel were not yet so advanced, so we had a strong recognition value. But we wanted there to sleep, then yes it is dark.
We made short then the chips are fresh and Temple (Geli) marches.

The joy of reunion was great and our group photo from last year really hung on the wall.
Now we only needed Herbert and also because the phone rang. He has married a Bayern fan without navigation into the enemy territory and promptly vanished in the city. Geli was then piloted him via telephone leased line to us.
So we could enjoy the first evening calm.

Wednesday morning, the calm before the storm, breakfast and off to the fair. There, the systems were powered up and placed the last things. Visitors can join.

In addition to our stand now, the friends from England have placed. Gill and Mark of Armortek. The course were warmly welcomed and their vehicles were in the course of time occupied by us and included with the demonstrations.

Armortek models

Then the visitors came. Our stand was easy to find - just follow your nose - the earth ..........

The Wednesday was still very quiet in the evening and again the same game. Hotel, freshen up and off to the temple chips.
Thursday morning, the first gain came to Sebastian. Quickly unload the car and go. Our demonstrations we have carried out every 2 hours. Florian has assumed the Chair. We had a lot to offer to visitors here.

Models

He started with the 1:16 models. Including several Leopard II, marten, lynx, Man, Buffalo, armored vans, armored recovery vehicles, etc. Tiger Pershing.

1:16 leopards. YouTube clip IG Military Modelling

Lynx 1:16. YouTube clip IG Military Modelling

MAN.YouTube clip IG Military Modelling

Tank Transporter 1:16

1:10 scale by Manfred we had a Stug III (sadly no longer with various problems in running)., And its Leopard 1A4, has nevertheless done very bravely in difficult terrain

Leopard 1A4 1:10. YouTube clip IG Military Modelling

The models in 1:8 scale, MTW 113, Panzerhaubitze2000, Kanonenjagdpanzer, ARV, Cheetah, Hotchkiss, MAN, Oshkosh, Dingo, and some more.

MTW 1:8 113. YouTube clip IG Military Modelling

Howitzer 2000 1:8. YouTube clip IG Military Modelling

Kanonenjagdpanzer 1:8. YouTube clip IG Military Modelling

MAN 630.YouTube clip IG Military Modelling

Dingo 1:8. YouTube clip IG Military Modelling

To the models in scale 1:6 and 1:5. Two tigers and a PzIV. Including the new acquisition by Wolfgang.

1:6 Tiger I Mark.YouTube clip IG Military Modelling

1:6 Tiger I Wolfgang.YouTube clip IG Military Modelling

Pz IV 1:5. YouTube clip IG Military Modelling

As a guest of models we had a Stug III and a 1:6 King Tiger by the company Armortek.

Stug III 1:6 Armortek.YouTube clip IG Military Modelling

1:6 King Tiger Armortek.YouTube clip IG Military Modelling

Our offer to the visitors was completed by some sites and floor models.

IG sites

Herbert has thrilled visitors to his workshop.

Herbert's Tank Workshop

Of course we also have again done something to help kids with cancer. It was again the CD's and the tanks silhouettes (the tiger after 3 days was sold out) offered.

Tanks silhouettes children's cancer

In addition, the editors of our wheel & chain has asked some older specimens available that were also selling like hot cakes. Thanks again for that.

Bike & Chain

Ralf has thrown this station with flying colors and bravely held the position of the entire week.

There were also children's tank, which was used sparingly on the first day, the second day the disaster took its course. He has thrown the chain more often so we unfortunately had to stop on Friday driving.

Children Tank

The children tanks was not the only one who had problems with the chain. So we celebrated the first ride of the gun hunt without armor chain damage with a Laola until Friday.

Chain problems

Manfred could also sing a song of chassis and electronics problems.
Evening came even to Michael and the usual evening program was unwound.

Friday morning, the team was complete by the arrival of Christian, Mark and Dominik.

Our site is now turned green with our gardener, but it still smelled.
We were not alone. When the truckers it was to turn up his nose. On demand at the trade fair management, the info came:
It is not at earth from the stable, but it was holy ground from the BVB Stadion. The grass was milled and stored in the fall. He began to compost was frozen over the winter, but blossomed in the halls back to life.

When Herbert as Bayern fan heard the lawn from BVB, he has torn his model of the terrain -

"I do not go here! ".

But it was all fun.

In the evening, Bodo's birthday was celebrated, where we celebrated until the chips temple, and then to test the smoke detectors on the room and the capacity of the TV.

Saturday was expected to be the largest influx of visitors.

Visitors Storm IG booth

But we have mastered. Andrew and I are still quite successful tour went on donations for the raffle at Pentecost.

On the last evening together farewell was celebrated, only to deny the last day.
We have tried to make the image (year2011) with cress again after the show, but the cress was too sandy. It was therefore waived the bun.
After that was resolved with the watercress, the area for the last presentation was given freely.

Of course, in the old tradition. The "big" have really struck and devastated everything.

Grounds devastation

Large-scale models in Geländeeinsatz.YouTube clip IG Military Modelling

After nearly a week was also enough. After the fair, pack everything again and hit the slopes. All are well and happy arrived home.

All in all, the show was probably a success, at least for the many visitors to our stand.

I still thank all participants and visitors look forward to the

Intermodellbau 2014

And here there is a photo album:
Old 05-02-2013, 02:58 AM
DirtyBird69

Where can I get an Opel Blitz?...checked all the usual suppliers and no one seems to have them advertised, let alone have any in stock. I definitely want one!
Old 05-02-2013, 03:58 AM
rivetcounter

Asiatam has not released the Opel Blitz yet I think it’s later this month possibly at Munster, I will be there so will ask, otherwise just keep checking there site, Asiatam are the only company making them in 1/16
Old 05-02-2013, 04:25 AM
DirtyBird69

I've been praying for a Blitz in 1/16 for so long..and now FINALLY lol...we definitely need more soft skinned vehicles(or at least a couple more). Trying to think what we could use for sound effects...maybe the radio set out of an M16...I remember Phil use to carry a sound upgrade package for the M16..that would be perfect..
Old 05-02-2013, 04:31 AM
Panther F

Received 41 Likes on 38 Posts

Geez... I am living in the wrong neighborhood.

With all those trucks, the Opel and that beautiful Bren I would be knee deep in toys! 300 pieces in those tracks? Now that would be REAL fun, I tell ya.

Thanks Mark for all the information and pictures. I most certainly want that Opel.

~ Jeff

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.