Community
Search
Notices
RC Tanks Discuss all aspects of rc tank building and driving here!

Munster Pfingsten 2013

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-2013, 02:33 PM
rivetcounter

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Munster Pfingsten 2013

This is an interesting shot I took of a Leopard 2A6 complete with IED explosion

Old 05-23-2013, 11:32 PM
EugeniRUS

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Munster Pfingsten 2013

Nice shot!
Old 05-29-2013, 01:43 PM
rivetcounter

Munster at Pfingsten is very busy this year more than other years owing to the new Tiger and the World of Tanks team trying to get enough space around the Tiger to have a quick photo was difficult

This is a picture of most of the members who attended Munster though it would have been better to get them together at the barracks in the evening then we would have had all the members present especially if it was just before the bar opened

The Pfingsten weekend hosts a model show covering all scales from the brail scale chaps of 1/72 and 1/35 to the 1/16 chaps with 100-200 tanks I never counted how many were there but on mass they were with all manufactures’ present including a large amount of scratch and heavily modified builds
Next was 1/10 we only had 3-4 this year next 1/8 by far the most popular in Germany, video that will follow will mainly be of 1/8 scale then 1/6 this is a growing scale then 1/5 which is a scratch builders scale and there are a few lastly ÂĽ though both Tigers are vastly modified with new hulls and tracks suspension arms, sprockets ECT .
RAG now has members from a few different countries obviously Germany, Switzerland and England

This is through the gun sight of an M60, the sight is a straight through and the gunner has to move up and down with the gun to set a target,

Bob measuring everything in sight

I didn’t get to speak with the chaps from Asiatam as they weren’t there but they did send some of their vehicle’s to the show including the Opel Blitz, notice no damage to the chassis I also don’t have a release date for this truck.

[IMG]http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h36/rivetcounter/DSCF5787_zpsa38a8094.jpg[/IMG ]
The following pictures a selection of the 1/16 models on show there was a lot more there but in my opinion these were the best

[IMG]http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h36/rivetcounter/DSCF5785_zps2ea62f03.jpg[/IMG ]

[IMG]http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h36/rivetcounter/DSCF5776-1_zps2c6f983e.jpg[/IMG ]

Old 05-29-2013, 01:54 PM
ausf

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

There's some beautiful work there, thanks for posting the pics.
Old 05-29-2013, 07:51 PM
thecommander

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: rivetcounter

This is an interesting shot I took of a Leopard 2A6 complete with IED explosion

Wunderbar, aber. Das Sieht teuer!
Old 05-29-2013, 07:56 PM
thecommander

I was standing in that corner last year at Munster thinking how sad it was with all the Tiger artwork, pictures and artifacts...but NO Tiger tank.

It fits well. Congratulations.

GlĂĽckwĂĽnsche
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ec88601.jpg
Views:	32
Size:	177.3 KB
ID:	1886938   Click image for larger version

Name:	Hc94158.jpg
Views:	59
Size:	85.0 KB
ID:	1886939   Click image for larger version

Name:	Jh14452.jpg
Views:	23
Size:	76.6 KB
ID:	1886940   Click image for larger version

Name:	Cx75268.jpg
Views:	28
Size:	123.9 KB
ID:	1886941   Click image for larger version

Name:	Us53675.jpg
Views:	35
Size:	125.9 KB
ID:	1886942   Click image for larger version

Name:	Xs58141.jpg
Views:	27
Size:	155.9 KB
ID:	1886943   Click image for larger version

Name:	Nl30641.jpg
Views:	21
Size:	73.0 KB
ID:	1886944   Click image for larger version

Name:	Gb88520.jpg
Views:	34
Size:	75.0 KB
ID:	1886945  

Old 05-29-2013, 09:38 PM
Strato50

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Is that a Syrian Panzer IV H/J? Looks awesome in olive green

The 'sunken' landing craft and M3 look great too.
Old 05-29-2013, 09:50 PM
thecommander

ORIGINAL: Strato50

Is that a Syrian Panzer IV H/J? Looks awesome in olive green

The 'sunken' landing craft and M3 look great too.
There are many "recovered" tanks and such through-out Normandy that languished at the bottom of the Channel. There is a large collection near Villers Bocage and a few in Quisterham.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Qo40452.jpg
Views:	29
Size:	142.7 KB
ID:	1886959  
Old 05-29-2013, 11:39 PM
sollie

Received 37 Likes on 21 Posts

I'm 'so' going there this summer..

thanks for sharing the pic's

Old 05-30-2013, 12:13 AM
rivetcounter

Sollie, given that you have at least a 10 hour drive from Drammen, I would suggest going next year to Pfingsten when more will be happening otherwise it’s just going to be the museum.
Yes it’s a Sirian PzIV AusfJ the landing craft and Stuart are in 1/15 scale.
Commander, if you see the film footage of this explosion you wouldn’t be impressed as it’s just a small bang however when caught with a still camera it looks far more dramatic and you can actually see the flash, this was repeated 4 times over the weekend to simulate and IED in Afghanistan, the Leopard received no damage just a little blackened paint that required a quick wipe.

This is not the first Tiger at Munster, the people who have rebuilt this tank have original parts to build another 2

Incidentally the picture with the 4 members, 2 have a red background badge with crossed swords this is from Panzer Lehr, the museum and all the tanks belong to them but the museum is now run by civilian’s
Old 05-30-2013, 04:11 AM
strippersteel

Love the pictures, thanks for sharing.  I really like that picture of the battle weathered Tiger on the train.

Old 05-30-2013, 05:37 AM
sollie

Sollie, given that you have at least a 10 hour drive from Drammen, I would suggest going next year to Pfingsten when more will be happening otherwise it’s just going to be the museum.

Yes, long drive if only for museum. But it will be on a holliday trip, take the boat to germany , find some camping sites, go to munster and maybe other place you can recommend :-) and back to Denmark legoland for the youngest children, and back via sweden home later.

and if the car and kids hold up, maybe in 2014 take a longer drive to france and belg. normandie pr.haps

the Munster Pfingsten collide with other stuff at those date's in may , to sad but that is how it is.
Old 05-30-2013, 06:11 AM
Panther F

Received 41 Likes on 38 Posts

Pictures from shows are SO inspiring.

The images of the Opel Blitz shows that it is very robust!

Thanks for sharing!

~ Jeff
Old 05-30-2013, 06:13 AM
karel47

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

very nice pics mark, thanks for the info
Old 05-30-2013, 05:17 PM
thecommander

ORIGINAL: sollie

Yes, long drive if only for museum. But it will be on a holliday trip, take the boat to germany , find some camping sites, go to munster and maybe other place you can recommend :-) and back to Denmark legoland for the youngest children, and back via sweden home later.

and if the car and kids hold up, maybe in 2014 take a longer drive to france and belg. normandie pr.haps

the Munster Pfingsten collide with other stuff at those date's in may , to sad but that is how it is.
Sollie, when are you planning to go. There is a slim...very slim, possibility, I may be in France & Germany with my family as well this summer.

We are gathering a group for June 2014 for the D-Day 7oth Anniversary too.
Old 05-30-2013, 05:24 PM
thecommander

ORIGINAL: sollie

I'm 'so' going there this summer..

thanks for sharing the pic's

Their pix are fantastic....love them. There are some many neat models in these museums. Posting w/o pix is almost a crime. Very rarely do I post without pix. This forum is all about sharing and I love to share.

BTW... If you want to see WWII German armor, Saumur is the best. Bovington has the best variety and Munster has the most tanks plus much modern and Soviet armor.

LOL can't post any pix. RCU server is down.
Old 05-30-2013, 06:35 PM
tch2000

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Great pics
Old 05-30-2013, 09:24 PM
sollie

Sollie, when are you planning to go. There is a slim...very slim, possibility, I may be in France & Germany with my family as well this summer.

We are gathering a group for June 2014 for the D-Day 7oth Anniversary too.

Well if it goes as planned it will be sometime between end june ore earli / mid july, my holliday weeks is not 100% yet. and as I said if it all goes well with car and 3 kids , we will push it further next year(maybe :-) )

I will bring a long my canon 60d+the canon 24-105 and a bunch of storage cards to get as many pic's as I can :-)

Old 06-10-2013, 01:48 PM
rivetcounter

I now have the official RAG report from Munster including Below is a very rough translation using Google but will give you the general idea
http://www.rag-modellbau.de/index.ph...llbautage-2013
More pictures
http://www.rag-modellbau.de/FotoAlbe...bum/index.html
Every May - because since nice weather to expect - is the German Tank Museum in Munster, the traditional model exhibition.
This year, on 18 and 19 May for the 17th Time
And this time the weather was not really involved. Ugh! Ugh!

Veregnet

Well, the joint military reservists working model participated despite unfavorable weather forecasts. After all, the exhibition is the Tank Museum for us one of the most important and therefore must.
So most of us have traveled on Friday at the construction.

This year and probably in the next few years we got the "Tiger corner" in the museum is not available because there so now is a real Tiger I (Panzer) is. Very gratifying.

Tiger I Tiger I in comparison to the 1:8

As a replacement, the "Guderianecke" is assigned in the vicinity of the I Pz us. Not a bad exchange. As we have for the 1:8 models almost even more space.

RAG models 1:8

Well, first time bearing of the situation, ensuring the available tables and benches and begun to install. A long series of tables were set up on both sides of the aisle from the height of the A7V, then around the corner to the P III and the final two tables across. Sufficient space.
Zinc sheet models top models top models

The two rows of tables were first described for the 1:16 he, and a few 1:10 scale models 1:14 he provided. Since we are the barrier between Guderianecke and the Pz I (the carousel we had decommissioned) had unscrewed stood us for 1:8 models sufficient space available.

The big parts from about 1:5 to 1:6 M 1:4 and again had their place in front of the Nissen hut, supplemented by two party tents. This measure has to be proven, given the weather conditions also.

RAG large models 1:6 1:5

Also outdoors was our largest model, the heavy all-terrain armored cars

SdKfz 247B in 1:1 scale. Homemade steel and ready to go. Constantly besieged by visitors.

Model SdKfz 247B 1:1

Back in the hall: in the bend of transition were also constructed on both sides of tables. Here models in M 1:35 dioramas and construction were issued in the M 1:8. Faced there was to see models in 1:10 and figures in 1:10 and 1:8.

RAG sites

Some rare - because old - model packs were sold here. Since many visitors found a model that he had been looking for.

Continue following the path we had set up our station at which our DVD and small tanks silhouettes were sold for the benefit of the German Children's Cancer. New to the range is like the silhouette of the Leopard 2A4. Since the people had long been waiting for it. Sold like hotcakes.

RAG information booth

The next table the raffle took place. As in previous years, many companies have models, model kits pp. provided that we raffled at the end of each day of the exhibition.
Raffle draw

The proceeds will benefit children without deduction of the German Cancer Aid.

Solely by the raffle we have taken this year, € 1,242.11. Record!

This is still some of what else we have taken.

Raffle

This is a sizable check, we on the 8th September 2013 on the occasion of the exhibition model in favor of the German Children's Cancer Aid in the "barracks at Solling" can range in Holzminden Helmut Duntemann.

Thank you very warm in the participating donor companies.
www.armortek.co.uk

So, on with our show: At the end of our table we had set two rows of tables for the model-building workshop by Herbert. Here he tinkers in the eyes of the visitors on his model. Took much interest.

Modeling workshop

So that was the static display.

Of course we had - except in M 1:35 - plenty roadworthy models here that we in no particular order - M 1:8 in the case of models for concept - vorfĂĽhrten on our model terrain.

Angedacht was to conduct a demonstration three times daily. That was literally the first day in the water. The first had to be canceled, the second we can pull through just before it starts to rain, the third demonstration again fell victim to the weather gods ungracious. With the boys, we have times have a word! Well, the next day we went: Although overcast, but dry.

This year we have created a new concept for the show. The former know most of the regular visitors already. We once more the wheeled vehicles involved. The sequence of presentation is the same described.

First, the models went times in scale 1:16, 1:14 and 1:10 in the site:

eg Leopard 2A4, Leopard 2A6, Fox, StuG IV, JagdPz Elephant (self made), smoke launchers on heavy Wehrmachtsschlepper (self) and BĂĽssing truck (built). All DIY projects tinplate soldered together.
Leopard fox 1:16 1:16
Models 1:16 Models zinc sheet

1:14 here in the M drove the truck also made of tinplate in homemade Faun with attached 203mm cannon, Magirus Jupiter as a dump truck and MAN 630 with trailer.

At 1:10 the Leopard 1A4 and drove the StuG IV
Leopard 1A4 1:10

Then say the models were presented in the M 1:8 according to the new concept: a supply convoy should provide the achievable only by crossing a water hinterland.

To ensure the safe advancement of the convoys, first a heavy reconnaissance group was sent to the vorarbeitete taking advantage of the coverage available in tumbling to use on the water.

The group was on the left side of a (swiss) and a Leopard 2A0 (Germany) Leopard 2A6, followed by an (American) Bradley IFV.
Leopard 2A0 Leopard 2A6 1:8 1:8

The right side was covered by a (German) Kanonenjagdpanzer and a (Russian) T 90, followed by a (German) Marder.
Kanonenjagdpanzer 1:8 T 90

Dropped in the middle of a Gepard monitored airspace.

Cheetah 1:8

After the scouts were driven up to the water's edge, they observed the opposite site with their optics.

At this moment the fire was opened from the opposite side and the Leopard 2A6 was hit in the left-hand drive.

Hit Leopard 2A6 1:8

Immediately, the "invalid" and secured the recovery tank 3 "Buffalo" introduced. After shackling the tow ropes of BergePz pulled the Leo back into the available space, which immediately began to field maintenance.

In the meantime, aerial reconnaissance was operated.

Aerial reconnaissance

According to the results of aerial reconnaissance artillery was introduced, consisting of the howitzer 2000 and MARS. Supported by the observation tank Hotchkiss.
Howitzer 2000 Mars 1:8

After the barrage of artillery (strikes were represented by ignition of fireworks), the education group moved forward again and found that had been restored on the opposite grounds alone.

Now it was time to cross the waters.

This was on the Russian T-34 Bridge Layer - brought Chassis, who put his scissors bridge over the water.
Quick armored bridge T34 1:8

This model is a complete DIY. The bridge is placed hydraulically and resumed later! After dropping the bridge, the cars of the Enlightenment went to the opposite side and relative position.

Only marten and Bradley remained on the local side as protection. Now that security was established, also the supply convoy was set in motion. The convoy was led by a dingo, followed by a boxer. Furthermore, the following vehicles were a MAN, a MAN 5t and 15t with attached 105mm cannon. This was followed by another boxer. CLOSING vehicle was a dingo by the military police.

All vehicles crossed the bridge and reached their destination.
MAN 610 1:8 1:8 GTK Boxer

Later, the convoy entered the march back to the "land" on, while the armored reconnaissance vehicles used the bridge, which was then resumed from the carrier vehicle.

[RAG demonstration video]

Here you can see a complete end of the show.

After our show was ended with the supply convoy, Michael led a "wild" ride or his destroyer 1:8 ago.
Destroyer Tank Destroyer 1:8

After all the models were returned in the 1:8 M in the staging area, the presentation of the models began in the M 1:6. Here we had two Tiger I and a Willys Jeep.
Tiger I Tiger I Armortek 1:6 1:6 Armortek

In 1:5 the PzIV was brought in and the two M 1:4 Tiger I
Pz IV 1:5 1:4 Tiger I

[RAG demonstration video] large-scale models 1:6-1:5
[RAG demonstration video] Tiger 1:4

There were two special deposits: M 1:8 In the Leopard 2A6 was invited by the T 90 to a race. Doubt anyone at the output of the race? Although Leo was still driving through a valley, he won the race with a few lengths!

The second special location was the mountains of the 450 kg heavy Tiger I in M 1:4 by Bergepanther the M 1:8. Model and winch have the Brocken moved almost effortlessly.

Bergepanther 1:8

Well, were interesting demonstrations. Commented by our competent Reg shorcut.

Well, the rest is routine: dismantling the stands, loading of models and equipment, cleaning the room, and after a short trip home adoption. For many of us a long journey back as the arrival traffic jams and construction sites.
Loading of tank models loading

Loading T 90 Bergepanther

But at home but are then all arrived safely, even if it has taken some time: part until late in the night, in our Swiss until the early morning. Luckily there was still a day of rest.

Oh yes, of course, some visitors were there: On the first day 3400, on the second day 2800th Record, record!

And next year we are back guarantees. So until then.

Klaus
Old 06-10-2013, 01:59 PM
rivetcounter

Sollie, for camp sites this could be just for you type the following coordinates into Google maps 53.005978,9.93698 this should put you in the middle of Campingplatz Scandinavia 66‎
29614 Soltau, Germany
This site is about 10 minutes’ drive from Munster there is also a smaller site north, this is the best I can do
Old 06-11-2013, 04:27 AM
sollie

thanks. Great phots and Write up :-) Any video from the show ?