Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Tanks
KT running both BBs and IR? >

KT running both BBs and IR?

Community
Search
Notices
RC Tanks Discuss all aspects of rc tank building and driving here!

KT running both BBs and IR?

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-2013, 07:50 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default KT running both BBs and IR?

Well when I bought my king tiger I got the airsoft version, since I really don't have anyone to battle with locally. Now that I am getting involved with a club I am looking at options for IR system for my stock electronic king tiger. I would like to still be able to fire airsoft bbs when I am at home, but be able to switch to IR come battledays. It wouldn't be a big deal for me to open up the tank each time I want to change the operation, I really wouldn't be doing it that much. Since I would imagine I would need to plug in and unplug the different systems.

I found a IR upgrade kit for my tank on Matomart. Is this the kit I need to purchase and retrofit? Also is this all I need to do the retrofit or are there other components needed? http://www.matomart.com/prodview.php?p=761
Will the Heng Long IR system be compatible with Tamyia's?
Any Suggestions?

Thanks!
Best Regards,
Cat
Old 08-08-2013, 08:28 PM

Received 124 Likes on 93 Posts

No the HL battle system is not compatible with Tamiya you would need the DBU3 from Dan if you want to keep the HL electronics to make it able to battle Tamiya tanks .

Jimmy
Old 08-09-2013, 03:27 AM

Alright, so how to I get in contact with Dan? Does he have a website? I am assuming that my tank will need to be tamiya compatible to participate in most battles right, is it considered the "standard" system?

Thank you!
Best Regards,
Cat
Old 08-09-2013, 04:15 AM

You can locate him at his website; Battle Armor RC - Home Page

Herman
Old 08-09-2013, 04:41 AM

you may want to take a look at the Clark TK20 board as well. I know for a fact that you can have both BB and IR running at the same time with it and the benefit of the Clark board is the sound you get without adding more cards is far superior http://shop.immortalhobbies.com/TK20...7688768823.htm
I have 2 TK20 boards left and once they are sold the TK22 will be the only board available

Originally Posted by Arctic Cat ZRT
Well when I bought my king tiger I got the airsoft version, since I really don't have anyone to battle with locally. Now that I am getting involved with a club I am looking at options for IR system for my stock electronic king tiger. I would like to still be able to fire airsoft bbs when I am at home, but be able to switch to IR come battledays. It wouldn't be a big deal for me to open up the tank each time I want to change the operation, I really wouldn't be doing it that much. Since I would imagine I would need to plug in and unplug the different systems.

I found a IR upgrade kit for my tank on Matomart. Is this the kit I need to purchase and retrofit? Also is this all I need to do the retrofit or are there other components needed? http://www.matomart.com/prodview.php?p=761
Will the Heng Long IR system be compatible with Tamyia's?
Any Suggestions?

Thanks!
Best Regards,
Cat
Old 08-09-2013, 05:45 AM

Will the DBU system from Dan use my current heng long radio system? And can this system use a henglong it system and be compatible with Tamyia ir?
Old 08-09-2013, 06:14 AM

Yes on using the HL system not sure about the radio tx., and it will also be Tamyia compatible. Clark boards are also good, but I do not believe they will use HL board.

Herman

Last edited by Green Amphibian; 08-09-2013 at 06:37 AM.
Old 08-09-2013, 06:25 AM

Thanks for the info. If I had the spare coin I would go with the clark board and a new 2.4 radio system, but right now the money doesn't permit that!

Now interms of the actual placement of the parts for the IR system.

From what I have found the IR emmiting LED goes at the base of where the barrel sticks out from the turret correct?

Also I wanted me tank to conform to the Danville rules since the club I am becoming a part of goes to the event and I am assuming they follow similar rules when they have their own battles. So, does the barrel flash LED need to be in the muzzle of the barrel itself, or can I clip it to the outside of the muzzle for when I am running IR battles?

Sorry for all of the questions, I just want to get a good idea of what I need to do to get this conversion done right!

Best Regards,
Cat
Old 08-09-2013, 06:39 AM

The barrel flash needs to be in the barrel and visible when shooting. It does not have to be permanently mounted. You should be able to rig it up where you can take it out for BB operation. The IR is usually mounted in the mantlet and 9mm back from the front of the tube it is in. The IR rx. (apple) is usually mounted in one of the turret hatches and can be unplugged.

Herman

I have edited my previous post.
Old 08-09-2013, 06:52 AM

Arctic Cat ZRThear hear are some of the rules for batteling at Danville. Special Rules for JUNE DANVILLE EVENT this is located on the main page. it also mentions other battles through out the year.

Last edited by CHIEFSONN; 08-09-2013 at 06:54 AM.
Old 08-09-2013, 07:29 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Best option for the barrel flash would to actually have 2 barrel configurations. One for your BB's, standard gun and one set up for the Flash. They are simple to change out really and not exspensive. to get the flash in the barrel would make it impossible to still use the same barrel for firing air soft /BB's.
Old 08-09-2013, 07:29 AM

Oh ! Hi Wayne, long time no see um.
Old 08-10-2013, 06:43 AM

Long time indead give me a call Sunday if possable.
Old 08-10-2013, 07:41 AM

Yeah I think I still have a good number for you Wayne. If not i'll shoot you a PM to get it. Or just PM me with it anyway.