Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Tanks
Reload this Page >

Mato air soft cannon taking multipal shots without stop

Community
Search
Notices
RC Tanks Discuss all aspects of rc tank building and driving here!

Mato air soft cannon taking multipal shots without stop

Search this Thread

Old 12-15-2013, 06:15 PM
Sturmhauptfuhrer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Mato air soft cannon taking multipal shots without stop

Hey there,

I just purchased this Mato M4A1 (76)w the other day and this is a great little starter tank. Today, I took the upper hull off to inspect the inside (to see how much room I had actually for future modifications), anyway, after putting it all back together I wanted to test all the functions to be sure I didn't leave anything out or undone inside. All the functions worked as they were supposed to EXCEPT for the airsoft cannon which decided it wasn't going to take just the one shot I wanted, but to keep cycling and take multiple shots one after the other. Has anybody else had this strange problem occur? What would cause the airsoft cannon to multi fire in this way? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,

Sturm
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Sherman1.jpg
Views:	102
Size:	46.2 KB
ID:	1947786  

Last edited by Sturmhauptfuhrer; 12-15-2013 at 06:42 PM.
Old 12-16-2013, 05:59 AM
YHR

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I usually strip the electronics out of these as soon as I get them, so for this reason don't have much experience with the Mato electronics

However I will take a stab at a couple of possible problems.

1.Whatever function fires the cannon. Determine if it is engaged some how, a stuck button, or the trim on the stick. It might be a transmitter thing.

2.I think the Mato gun has some limit switches. Perhaps one of these is not being activated to shut down the cannon. Perhaps a wire has fouled this up, and got in the way when you reassembled..

If it is something mechanical as I described above then you can probably have some success in fixing this.. If you can't find a mechanical reason for this problem then the problem must be electrical, and chances are the only fix is to replace the board. I have a spare when you can have if this turns out to be the problem

Cheers
Old 12-16-2013, 06:32 AM
borealis

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts

The mato gun is automated: a pulse from a button on the tranmitter moves the shooting piston enough to open a microswitch mounted on the airsoft unit, which feeds power to the airsoft gun until the shooting cycle is completed and the microswitch is pushed again.
If it goes on cycling, the problem lies in the micro: either it is broken or its lever is bent. Try to bend the lever again in order to make the microswitch click open sooner during the last part of the shooting cycle.
Old 12-17-2013, 01:43 PM
Imex-Erik

Received 37 Likes on 33 Posts

This sometimes happens to some of our airsoft units. The picture I have attached shows the contact switch. Opening or closing this will cause either no recoil or constant firing/recoiling. I would unscrew it, take it out and open it a bit and see if that fixes it.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	CAM00064.jpg
Views:	74
Size:	3.10 MB
ID:	1948434