Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Tanks
Reload this Page >

Need help with Tiger 1 recoil

Community
Search
Notices
RC Tanks Discuss all aspects of rc tank building and driving here!

Need help with Tiger 1 recoil

Search this Thread

Old 08-28-2014, 07:09 AM
paintjockey

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need help with Tiger 1 recoil

I bought a metal turret with recoil for my taigen tiger 1. The tiger has the heng long RX18 27mhz. I plugged the turret into the board and wired the red wire into the battery negative (which is odd it's red). I get elevation, and IR fire but no recoil or consistent gun flash. I know the gun flash works off the recoil but triggering by hand it only works once in awhile. The recoil motor works, I tried it with a power supply, and the switch is "on". When the turret arrived the recoil unit was in the middle of recoil or return (barrel midway in/out) when I ran the motor I put it at full extension, i believe it's called battery. Any thoughts? Any ways to check that a signal is being sent? I did use a fully charged battery when attempting this.
Thanks for any help,
Terry
Old 08-28-2014, 08:33 AM
Imex-Erik

Received 37 Likes on 33 Posts

For the most part the IR units are pretty solid from us. Rarely do they have issues. Do you have another board to test with? Can you apply direct current to the motors to see if they are bad? Here is an infrared wiring diagram just in case.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Wiring Diagram for IR v3.jpg
Views:	197
Size:	221.9 KB
ID:	2026674  
Old 08-28-2014, 09:26 AM
paintjockey

Yup, that's what I have and how I have it wired. I checked my negative wire and it is good the on off switch is good as well. What I am finding is if I manually contact the flash pack the flash sometimes goes off. Oddly enough if i push it from the back side (without the contact pad) it usually works, if I push it from the front side it never works. Odd. Also when it does work it sometimes sets off that horrid track recoil and makes the main gun firing sound.

I did put power to the motor and it does work, I do not have another RX18 to test it. One question I do have though, on my controller, the stock 27mhz that came with it, I can only fire the gun by pushing the "K" button on the bottom of the controller. I thought that pushing up on the left stick was supposed to activate this as well? Could there be a problem with the signal or am I off base?

Terry
Old 08-28-2014, 09:40 AM
Imex-Erik

Received 37 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by paintjockey
Yup, that's what I have and how I have it wired. I checked my negative wire and it is good the on off switch is good as well. What I am finding is if I manually contact the flash pack the flash sometimes goes off. Oddly enough if i push it from the back side (without the contact pad) it usually works, if I push it from the front side it never works. Odd. Also when it does work it sometimes sets off that horrid track recoil and makes the main gun firing sound.

I did put power to the motor and it does work, I do not have another RX18 to test it. One question I do have though, on my controller, the stock 27mhz that came with it, I can only fire the gun by pushing the "K" button on the bottom of the controller. I thought that pushing up on the left stick was supposed to activate this as well? Could there be a problem with the signal or am I off base?

Terry
Unfortunately I do not have any RX18s sitting around to test anymore, but if you are willing to pay for shipping I would be more than glad to take a look and get it all fixed up for you
Old 08-30-2014, 11:46 AM
paintjockey

Erik, thanks for the offer. I ordered another rx18 because I need it for another project so when it gets here I'm going to test it. If it doesn't work I'll take you up on the repair.
Thanks again
Terry