Community
Search
Notices
RC Tanks Discuss all aspects of rc tank building and driving here!

How do you tell

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2015, 03:28 AM
Black Sails

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yes I did. Hope you got mine.
Mike
Old 03-28-2015, 04:16 AM
jarndice

Received 64 Likes on 60 Posts

The point that needs making is that unlike TAIGEN/TORRO/TAMIYA, Heng Long advertise their products as TOY'S,
I have had great fun building Heng Long Tanks and they can be most rewarding when you have finished,
BUT do not expect the Tank straight out of the box to conform to the standards of a TAIGEN/TORRO/TAMIYA without significant input from you.
Whatever you choose Enjoy. shaun
Old 03-30-2015, 06:11 AM
MAUS45

Received 38 Likes on 35 Posts

@ Gary, I made a mistake on the 4-1 Mid-Lows. I was really thinkng of the new steel gear downs with the small can motors or the new 3-1 Mid-Lows.
Old 03-30-2015, 06:31 AM
Imex-Erik

Received 37 Likes on 33 Posts

I don't usually get in the tank vs tank battles but what kind of tanks do you like? German? Russian? American? I'm about to put some new scratch and dent specials up and maybe I can help out
I don't know if anyone asked you this yet but how do you plan on driving it? We know who and what purpose the tank will serve, but will this be a driveway runner or are you planning to actually get this guy dirty? That may make a big difference in recommendations as well.
Old 03-30-2015, 02:22 PM
Black Sails

Hi Erik,
I like US the best but there is nothing wrong with any of them. Yes it will get dirty and dusty.When I get started in tanks I don't think there will be a stopping point. I would love to get more people in my area going also. I don't think you can have to many having fun .I have been watching the walker you have listed for a while and saving my money,not quite half way but I am working on it.
Old 03-30-2015, 03:52 PM
sergeantseabass

keep checking the Imex scratch and dent sales. Erik keeps it updated pretty regularly as new items become available for it. For a minor incident that happened to a tank you can get a good deal. I got my Sherman from Erik and saved around 30-40% off sticker price. And only had a small crack in the upper hull. A little bit of glue on the backside and you can't even tell. It will probably be a good starting point for you. A good quality tank with good customer support in the US with out the full stick price. It's hard to beat.

Bill
Old 03-30-2015, 04:02 PM
Black Sails

Thanks ,I will, I have them in my Favorites.
Old 03-30-2015, 04:27 PM
sergeantseabass

as do I
Old 03-31-2015, 05:35 AM
Imex-Erik

Received 37 Likes on 33 Posts

Haha I wasn't trying to sway you, just to let these guys help a bit on recommendations. I would probably go with at least a metal chassis if you plan to drive them outside in the dirt more than just a casual driver. That way you can get some weight to the tank and let the suspension actually work. Most of the time the plastic tanks are too light to actually use the suspension to the fullest. Whatever you get make sure you get steel gearboxes. Zinc is plenty fine for normal driving but it isn't near as strong or reliable as the steel gearboxes in the long run. Even if you go with a plastic tank make your gearbox upgrade the first. Metal vs Plastic is really just a preference, so do not feel you need one or the other. The reason I suggest the metal chassis tanks is that they have better working suspensions. Hopefully this helps a bit in your decision