Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Tanks
Reload this Page >

Convert Heng Long Sherman to work with Taigen 2.4ghz transmitter.

Community
Search
Notices
RC Tanks Discuss all aspects of rc tank building and driving here!

Convert Heng Long Sherman to work with Taigen 2.4ghz transmitter.

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2015, 09:06 AM
jroz

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for sharing the Vids Gary. Right now my options are to either try and modify the gearboxes, by drilling new holes. Can't say I'm very confident about that, as I only have limited access to tools. Send the things back, because the seller says the ones he sent are for the metal chassis and I need 'heng long panther g black steel gears'. Or I purchase the Taigen metal Chassis. I can't seem to find anyone selling the 4 shaft, Heng Long gears for panther G in the UK.

Question is, how easy is it to install the metal chassis. Any serious modification issues encountered? Does the metal chassis offer any distinct advantages over plastic?
Old 04-23-2015, 10:31 AM
Imex-Erik

Received 37 Likes on 33 Posts

The Panther G will only accept 3:1 gearboxes in its stock state. As Gary mentioned you can buy a motor mount plate and fit it in or you can try to drill a few holes. You can always try to take you old gearbox apart, match the holes up, and drill the corrected holes into the new gearbox plates too. The Panther G will also not take the dual ratio gearboxes stock either, but can be modified to fit with some elbow grease
Old 04-23-2015, 12:20 PM
jroz

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks Erik. Anyone know where I could get a motor mount plate in the UK?? Also are there any major issues with swapping the taigen panther G plastic hull with the metal hull from RCDe? I read somewhere the plastic road wheel axels might not fit. Also I heard there were issues with the Idler not going in, although I'm not sure if that counts because my taigen panther G came with metal drive & idler wheels.
Old 04-23-2015, 01:36 PM
Max-U52

Received 41 Likes on 30 Posts

My metal lower hull came with the roadwheels. I didn't know you could buy it without the roadwheels.