Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Tanks
Reload this Page >

What transmitter for tanks

Community
Search
Notices
RC Tanks Discuss all aspects of rc tank building and driving here!

What transmitter for tanks

Search this Thread

Old 12-15-2017, 07:28 AM
Rad_Schuhart

Received 55 Likes on 38 Posts

Originally Posted by Desertrat99
I asked a few individuals privately how they programmed their radios to do the functions I was interested in using a Tamiya and Clark system. The answers I got were a surprise, as they said they had no idea how to program the radios with either Tamiya or Clark. Those answers do not help me out in making a final decision for a radio.

I have looked around round the web quite a bit and cannot find the answers, except for someone showing in a video that the radio is already programmed, but no steps on how to program.
I quote you here, but I want to quote the part where you are going to send the radio back.

My advise is to keep it. I took a look to your radio software and is indeed almost the same to the one that the turnigy 9xr pro uses, and almost the same to what people flashes in their 9x and flysky radios. In the big taranis is also the same, so if you are considering to return it to buy another one of the mentioned above, you will have the same problem.

The other option might be the i10, even when I dont have it, Crius says is very easy to program... I dont know, I have not seen one of those radios in my life, but in case you decide to change your radio, it might be your life saver.

Heading back the quote... It does not surprise me at all that people with tamiya tanks dont know how to program the radios (maybe they dont even have programable radios) the tamiya electronics are so primitive that they work as they are and there is not much to do (well, maybe asigning shoots and mgs to a switch in the best of the cases) about the Clark boards, Im no expert neither, but as far as I know with the newer ones it is not hard to asing extra functions to the switches, but with the older ones (those ones where you need to be a ninja master doing strange main sticks combinations) indeed programing this wont be easy at all.

If I were you, I´d try taking a look to this manuals: http://openrcforums.com/forum/viewto...&t=5575#p79483 (which will be 98% the same as your radio) and there you can learn how to program the radio, and also ask for some Clark´s help.

Once you learn how to do, it is very easy and it will ve a supermasive powerfull weapon of pleasure, I promise.

So please, dont give up. Short time pain, long time gain.
Old 12-15-2017, 08:00 AM
tankme

Received 207 Likes on 169 Posts

Did you buy the manual with the radio? I bought the same radio, but I guess I haven't gotten into it far enough to have any issues. I did buy the hardcopy manual as an extra add on since I've never used OpenTX either. I'm not using mine on Tamiya electronics though or even Clark at this point. I bought it to use with the TCB and my larger 1/6 scale tanks. They have mixers built in to the ESC or an external mixer so I haven't played with the mixing function.
Old 12-15-2017, 08:09 AM
Desertrat99

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have bought the hard copy manual from aloft, read through OpenTX University , watched a boat load of videos online for Taranis and still have not made any progress on setting up the radio with the mixer.

Most of the stuff in OpenTX University I do not even understand or grasp,the concept. I cannot figure out the mixer page on the radio, as in figuring out how to put in just a half stick movement so I cane set the mixer for Machine gun fire and then get It to work on a switch instead of the sticks.
Old 12-15-2017, 08:37 AM
Desertrat99

Originally Posted by Rad_Schuhart
I quote you here, but I want to quote the part where you are going to send the radio back.

My advise is to keep it. I took a look to your radio software and is indeed almost the same to the one that the turnigy 9xr pro uses, and almost the same to what people flashes in their 9x and flysky radios. In the big taranis is also the same, so if you are considering to return it to buy another one of the mentioned above, you will have the same problem.

The other option might be the i10, even when I dont have it, Crius says is very easy to program... I dont know, I have not seen one of those radios in my life, but in case you decide to change your radio, it might be your life saver.

Heading back the quote... It does not surprise me at all that people with tamiya tanks dont know how to program the radios (maybe they dont even have programable radios) the tamiya electronics are so primitive that they work as they are and there is not much to do (well, maybe asigning shoots and mgs to a switch in the best of the cases) about the Clark boards, Im no expert neither, but as far as I know with the newer ones it is not hard to asing extra functions to the switches, but with the older ones (those ones where you need to be a ninja master doing strange main sticks combinations) indeed programing this wont be easy at all.

If I were you, I´d try taking a look to this manuals: http://openrcforums.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=122&t=5575#p79483 (which will be 98% the same as your radio) and there you can learn how to program the radio, and also ask for some Clark´s help.

Once you learn how to do, it is very easy and it will ve a supermasive powerfull weapon of pleasure, I promise.

So please, dont give up. Short time pain, long time gain.
i am only setting it up on a Clark tk22 right now. Only tank I have all ready to run with no radio setup yet.

i have been going back and for the with Tom in the UK regarding setup of my radio compared to his 9xrPro. He has already set it up for a Clark TK22 and Tamiya. I have tried all the setting based on what I can figure out in the Taranis mixer compared to the Turnigy. It just has not worked as when. Want to put in a half stick movement for the Clark board. I input say a -50 on th one stick and a +50 for the other to get the response of firing the MG and set it to a switch and it did not work. On the mixer page I does not just say -50 it shows +=50 and -=50 instead of just a +-50.

the instructions for the Turnigy are explains a bit easier to understand though.
Old 12-19-2017, 07:21 AM
Desertrat99

Default Sbus system?

Now what about the Sbus system from Clark? Which transmitter will work besides the Flysky that Clark recommends?
Old 01-23-2018, 09:14 PM
Uriwood

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I think futaba 4YWD is good for tamiya DMD. MF unit. Setting and adjustments is limited to other electronic board.
Old 01-23-2018, 09:53 PM
Jeff489
My Feedback: (12)

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I don't know why anyone would buy a new 4YWD now that the 6 channel 6L Sport is out. $10 (US) cheaper, and 2 extra channels.
Old 01-27-2018, 06:16 PM
maillemaker

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Do I want a Mode 1 or Mode 2

https://hobbyking.com/en_us/hobby-ki...v2-mode-1.html

Gonna use this with an IBU2U

Steve
Old 02-06-2022, 02:17 PM
fblue

hello, I'm going crazy with a dx6 on a tank taigen metal edition with ibu2 base, basically everything works except the gas that only performs the forward gear,
but not the reverse, would you kindly tell me how you configured the gas of your dx6 to use them with rc tanks? I would be very grateful.
Old 02-06-2022, 02:30 PM
fblue

hello, I'm going crazy with a dx6 on a tank taigen metal edition with ibu2 base, basically everything works except the gas that only performs the forward gear, but not the reverse, would you kindly tell me how you configured the gas of your dx6 to use them with rc tanks? I would be very grateful.
Old 02-06-2022, 03:32 PM
evan-RCU

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Not sure how you are setting up your gimbals, but remember you have negative and positive travel. -100/0+100. If you are using the left stick without springs yo center it and -100/0/+100 that may be your problem.
Old 02-07-2022, 12:56 AM
fblue

Hello, yes this had come to my mind too but I do not know where to put these parameters in the trim? in the gas curve? or in some other lever? or in analog or digital sticks? Thank you very much
Old 02-07-2022, 01:19 AM
fblue

hello, I want a mode 1..
Old 02-07-2022, 05:17 AM
evan-RCU

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I suggest you go to the radio forum at RCG. The directions for your radio will help too. Not all radio's can be switched for mode and since the left stick comes without springs you may need to buy them.

Until then what DX6 do you have? DX6i, DX6e, G1, G2 or G3?

Last edited by evan-RCU; 02-07-2022 at 05:33 AM.