Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Tanks
Reload this Page >

Video from 1999 Abrams and Leo's in training.

Community
Search
Notices
RC Tanks Discuss all aspects of rc tank building and driving here!

Video from 1999 Abrams and Leo's in training.

Search this Thread

Old 11-28-2015, 10:46 PM
YHR

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Video from 1999 Abrams and Leo's in training.

Cool video showing some combined exercises of Abrams And Leo's

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uuLzLt1Q7z8
Old 11-30-2015, 11:36 PM
RedDevils

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Cool video Dan, I remember that exercise. That whole scene is in CFB Wainwright. It's to bad they didn't show Mech Rifle Coys in action. That's also a sight to see with 14 LAV 3's hammering the enemy once the tanks have punched.

Thanks for posting.

Derek
Old 12-01-2015, 06:49 AM
YHR

Yes I found it interesting, partly because it was before 9 11 and the world was a different place back then. Wainwright is quite the place for tank spotting with Abrams. Leopards and Challengers all showing up for exercises.

I also toured Cold lake, and when it comes to aircraft that place is another hot spot of activity, with a host of NATO aircraft on exercises.

Thanks for your service. My only hope is that our politicians continue to give you the support and equipment you need, both on the battlefield and even more importantly, when you get back

Cheers.
Old 12-04-2015, 12:33 PM
cat5752
My Feedback: (1)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by YHR
Cool video showing some combined exercises of Abrams And Leo's

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uuLzLt1Q7z8
Holy cow! That's my old unit (2/116 CAV US Army, Idaho Army National Guard) and Lord Strathcona's Horse, Royal Canadians. I didn't get to go on that trip, but I did get to be a part of 1997 CANAM Gunnery Competition. We went to CFB Edmonton and got training on the Leopard C1, they came to Idaho and got training on the M1A1. We fired Tank Table 12 (platoon qualification table) on our tanks, then switched tanks and fired it again. The only crewmember that didn't switch out were the countries respective drivers. Strathcona's were great troops, really awesome Soldiers and a blast to be around. And they could drink like no tomorrow.
It was a first for us as the Canadians have female tankers. The Troop Leader of our rival team was a female, as a matter of fact. Lieutenant Ray. Here's a picture - the M1A1 in the picture is my old tank, D-12 'Demented'. Americans on the left, Canadians on the right. Look at the antennas - we each flew the other countries Colors. Still have mine. Brass 105mm casings on the Leopard, 120mm aft-caps on the Abrams.

Check out my photobucket album CANAM. There are a few pictures in there from the 2000(?) competition (Leopard was upgraded), I served as their Liason NCO/ Master Gunner when they came to Idaho the second time. And again, their leader was a woman. Great bunch of people!

http://s288.photobucket.com/user/and...lideshow/CANAM

Last edited by cat5752; 12-04-2015 at 12:53 PM.
Old 12-04-2015, 02:54 PM
YHR

Thanks for the Background. It gives me licence to fly the maple leaf on an American Abrams