Community
Search
Notices
RC Tanks Discuss all aspects of rc tank building and driving here!

An Open Apology

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2017, 10:48 AM
Crius

Received 313 Likes on 259 Posts
Default An Open Apology

I recently posted a thread about an ad that I kinda felt tricked me, and in that thread I stated that I would not post in that thread again, and I try to be a man of my word so I won't post in that thread, but of all the threads I've posted here, that's the only one that I really regret. I was mad and I went off half-cocked and I'm sorry. I also regret my use of the word "slimy". That was a very poor choice on my part. I had no idea the reaction it would get, and had I thought things thru I would have just kept my mouth shut.

So to anyone that was offended by that thread, you have my sincere apology. We all say things from time to time that we later come to regret, and this time it was my turn.

Sorry 'bout dat, Men.

Gary
Old 04-07-2017, 11:10 AM
Old MSgt

Received 26 Likes on 23 Posts

OOHHH!!! EVERYBODY'S BEEN MISSING YA Gary!!

...Well, maybe 'everybody' and 'missing ya' may be stretching it a little...

BUT I know there's a 'few' of us on here that are glad yer back! I have (and I KNOW others!) stepped in stuff before too!

AIN'T NOTH'IN BUT A THANG!!!! And there it is!...

Mike

Last edited by Old MSgt; 04-07-2017 at 11:22 AM.
Old 04-07-2017, 11:15 AM
Crius

Received 313 Likes on 259 Posts

Hi Mike, and thanks for the support. I never went anywhere, and I just said I wouldn't post in that particular thread, not that I wouldn't post at RCU in general. I've made some very good friends here and I do appreciate the fact that this is a free forum. Like I said, I just got mad and went off half-cocked. I'm sure a lot of the guys can relate. I guess this is a good example of how all the ads can frustrate people, eh? I was definitely frustrated that day. It's like my computer got hijacked or something. But the point is that I handled it poorly and for that I do apologize.
Old 04-07-2017, 12:32 PM
Imex-Erik

Received 37 Likes on 33 Posts

All I can say is uBlock.... it is a great extension and works better than Adblock Plus. We used to advertise here as well but have stopped after seeing a few practices we do not approve of (mainly inserting ads into the OP's first post to look like they support or posted that ad).

(Please make sure to disable uBlock for sites you want to support! Ads really do pay for websites but there is a limit to what we can call "acceptable ads" while browsing.)
Old 04-07-2017, 05:47 PM
Martellus

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Imex-Erik
(Please make sure to disable uBlock for sites you want to support! Ads really do pay for websites but there is a limit to what we can call "acceptable ads" while browsing.)

This should be emphasized. I love ad blockers, heaven for me, but I routinely whitelist websites (particularly if they ask nicely) from having ads blocked on them, if they are not intrusive.