Community
Search
Notices
RC Tanks Discuss all aspects of rc tank building and driving here!

Franken-Tank

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-2017, 09:37 AM
Dropship Ace

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Franken-Tank

So after years, of admittedly not doing much, my tank is finally nearing completion and performing its first test runs. Nothing on the market really fit what I was looking for, so I smashed all the parts I wanted together to with a healthy dose of steel custom parts I designed myself.

Didn't like the HL upper, on account I like my women without their skirts on, so I got myself a Tamiya upper, fits pretty much perfect.
[ATTACH]2213581[/IMG]
Had to make a bigger turret ring aperture for the Torro metal turret I'll eventually install, also I designed a steel upper deck plate for extra rigidity. Cause why not.

I wanted weight, didn't like how much the HengLong KT seemed to bounce over grass even with the the metal upgrades. So scrapped that for a Torro metal lower, which I found to be a little light on the metal, also way too much lateral flexing. So I slapped in some braces made out of stainless steel, which have the added bonus of really putting some real meat on her bones.
[ATTACH]2213582[/IMG]

So after years of sitting in the corner collecting dust, several thing just came together, new home new work-space, and some freed up cash flow to finally get myself a proper TX and a Clark control board, it feels fantastic to at least have it in running order and blitzkrieging back and forth across the backyard. Those trial runs taught me one thing. Gonna need a lot of loctite.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	LZHxQ05.jpg
Views:	67
Size:	950.8 KB
ID:	2213581   Click image for larger version

Name:	Pk9E5aG.jpg
Views:	71
Size:	839.6 KB
ID:	2213582  
Old 05-09-2017, 03:57 AM
Cruiser133

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Nicely done! I kind of go nuts on metal bracing in my tanks as well.