Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Tanks
Reload this Page >

Looking for King Tiger Pics(Weld lines)

Community
Search
Notices
RC Tanks Discuss all aspects of rc tank building and driving here!

Looking for King Tiger Pics(Weld lines)

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-2017, 05:51 AM
Merlin88

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Looking for King Tiger Pics(Weld lines)

Good morning to all, First I would to say I hate to even ask this. The few posting I've done on here I get almost no response to them, so I will give it one more try and see how it goes. The last time I was at the AAF for a tank battle wkend, over a year ago, I purchased a Tamiya King Tiger kit. The kit stayed unopened for months, I eventually get in the kit and was cutting parts off, cleaning them up, assembling parts and stuff, priming all the metal parts. When I purchased this kit it was with the intention of doing a very accurate representation of the tank. I purchased the hardback book Germany's Tiger Tank by Thomas and Hilary. I have spent a lot of time watching YouTube videos on weathering techniques, looking for King Tiger overhaul videos, anything to see if I can get up close pics. The one thing I'm really missing is very up close pics of the weld lines for the deck welded to the hull and the top of the turret weld seams. I have GTS(Googled That S@@t) pics online, but I can not find good actual pics of the weld seams. Now I've looked at other King Tiger builds on this site and other sites, and while there super cool, are the weld lines accurate? So what I'm asking for is if anyone has actual pics. If Aberdeen was still open, I would've run up there and looked for myself, but the King has left the building! So what I'm asking for is if someone has been lucky enough to have taken a bunch of pics of a King and would they share them? This project is on hold for this very reason. Some might find this petty, some might not give a F***, at this point I don't have high expectations. I know this is a very wordy post, just asking for pics. On a side note, plans are already started for me to go to Bovington in 2020, and maybe a follow-on to Germany's tank museums, and for some, they could give a rats ass, for others they may give me some pointers. Thanks for taking the time to read.

Tim S
Old 08-03-2017, 07:08 AM
tankme

Received 207 Likes on 169 Posts

Prime Portal has some limited ones of the top deck, but very little on the turret so not sure if that will help. King Tiger Walk Around Page 1
Old 08-03-2017, 08:20 AM
tankme

Received 207 Likes on 169 Posts

Searching "King Tiger walkaround" has a lot of hits. This one has shots of the top of the turret and some additional deck images:

King Tiger Tank Photos - Walkaround Gallery
Old 08-03-2017, 01:12 PM
MAUS45

Received 38 Likes on 35 Posts

Merlin88 try this one as well. It is of the Aberdeen Tiger II at the Patton Museum before it went to Fort Bragg. Has a few photos of above the turret and front deck plate showing the upper deck weld beads. Also has one of the same weld bead closer to the engine deck.

AFTA TigerII Page

Try this one as well....

http://www.britmodeller.com/forums/i...er-king-tiger/

Last edited by MAUS45; 08-03-2017 at 01:56 PM.
Old 08-03-2017, 02:01 PM
MAUS45

Received 38 Likes on 35 Posts

Found this one as well....

SVSM Gallery :: PzKpfw VIB KingTiger Famly
Old 08-04-2017, 01:40 PM
rivetcounter

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Merlin88
, plans are already started for me to go to Bovington in 2020, and maybe a follow-on to Germany's tank museums, and for some, they could give a rats ass, for others they may give me some pointers. Thanks for taking the time to read.

Tim S
Just so you are aware a drive from Bovington to Munster is about 14 hours providing you use the channel tunnel having done this trip several times myself all I can say is plan ahead and speak to people who live in England and Germany ignore people who haven’t and don’t have a clue, hiring a car in England to drive to Europe is expensive, most important is understanding the ways and language of these country’s for instance gas is not something one generally puts in a car also if you plan to bring any electrical devices research what voltage we Europeans use and types of plugs.

There are a number of museums you could visit on the way to Munster in France, Belgium and Holland but this will add days to your visit, Saumur is not even close to the route you would use also Munster is not the same place as Münster.

Research helps a lot.

Viel Spaß