Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Tanks
Reload this Page >

JS-2 by Taigen. Release 2018.

Notices
RC Tanks Discuss all aspects of rc tank building and driving here!

JS-2 by Taigen. Release 2018.

Old 01-01-2018, 05:39 AM
HAL_HUSKER

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default JS-2 by Taigen. Release 2018.

Hey, Guys!!! Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!!!

Check it out! JS-2 by Taigen is coming out.

all the rest pics are here
Old 01-01-2018, 06:16 AM
Dusty Steppes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That is going to be a heavy beast with that metal turret. Hopefully they have stiffened the torsion bars to compensate for the additional weight. A plastic turret option with a stiffer suspension would be sweet.
Old 01-01-2018, 06:52 AM
winonagr

Very nice. What else is coming out?
Old 01-01-2018, 07:42 AM
ROLLIN ARMOUR

Very Nice. The texture on the Turret looks cool.
I think they should of made a JS-3 since Tamiya already released a JS-2.
Old 01-01-2018, 09:38 AM
Elefant

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Well, I doubt there would have been a Taigen JS-2 if Tam had not released one...
Maybe a Taigen JS3 one day if Tam produced one.
Old 01-01-2018, 11:06 AM
bowlman

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

Very nice will see
Jimmy
Old 01-01-2018, 11:43 AM
Rad_Schuhart

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

Its always great to have more options and new releases, and now I hope to see the JS2 more often than before... But I wonder why Taigen makes metal turret, and why the lower part of the turret is made of plastic.

Id preffer to have a the metal in the lower hull, and leave the upper and turret in plastic. Just my opinion.
Old 01-01-2018, 03:32 PM
cleong

Received 40 Likes on 31 Posts

Originally Posted by Dusty Steppes View Post
That is going to be a heavy beast with that metal turret. Hopefully they have stiffened the torsion bars to compensate for the additional weight. A plastic turret option with a stiffer suspension would be sweet.
Torsion bars - what's that witchcraft?

As as far as I can tell, it runs regular coil springs wound around the suspension arm. Considering the all up weight of this beast I hope they aren't using the usual pot metal for anything load-bearing.
Old 01-01-2018, 03:35 PM
cleong

Originally Posted by Elefant View Post
Well, I doubt there would have been a Taigen JS-2 if Tam had not released one...
Maybe a Taigen JS3 one day if Tam produced one.
You know, I used to mock the Chinese manufacturers for "following in Tamiya's footsteps" when releasing tank models, but recent years have shown that they have tried to do their own thing - PanTiger, T-55A, ZTZ-99, Abrams (Hobby Engine/HL), and the Challenger.

That being said, they could have done a KV-85 or something, given the mix-and-match nature of Soviet tanks. And how about a few assault guns then, like an SU-152?
Old 01-01-2018, 04:48 PM
Dusty Steppes

Originally Posted by cleong View Post
Torsion bars - what's that witchcraft?

As as far as I can tell, it runs regular coil springs wound around the suspension arm. Considering the all up weight of this beast I hope they aren't using the usual pot metal for anything load-bearing.
You know...torsion bars...the little metal thingamajigs that get all springy when they twist.
If you zoom in on the pictures it looks as if it just might have a metal chassis and I wouldn't be surprised if it came with those metal twisty things, like their KV-1. I added 4:1 steel gearboxes to my KV-1 and I had to tweak the rear torsion bars because it looked like a dog doing the butt scoot boogie. I'm hoping they have beefed up the suspension on this thing to handle the weight of that metal turret. I would much rather see it with a lighter plastic turret.

​​​​​
Old 01-01-2018, 04:54 PM
cleong

Looking at the hull shot, I don't think there are torsion bars in this sucka.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4384.JPG
Views:	234
Size:	137.9 KB
ID:	2249661  
Old 01-01-2018, 05:06 PM
Dusty Steppes

You got a link to those pictures? I didn't see one in the original post.
Old 01-01-2018, 05:24 PM
cleong

They're on Facebook - World RC Tank Community
Old 01-01-2018, 05:25 PM
Strathcona

I would like to get one. I have the MATO M4A3 Sherman, M36 Tank Destroyer, and their Tiger 1. I like them , but I prefer plastic Tanks, keeps the price down, paying almost $900 CDN, including shipping is pushing it for me.. Although I do add all metal tracks on my MATO M4A1, and HL Stug 3.
Old 01-01-2018, 05:28 PM
Dusty Steppes

Originally Posted by cleong View Post
They're on Facebook - World RC Tank Community
Thanks!
Old 01-02-2018, 07:10 AM
Imex-Erik

Received 25 Likes on 23 Posts

Yes the JS-2 will be a great addition It has been worked on for a while now and the sounds are complete already. The Leopard is also going to be a great addition and should be available soon as well
Old 01-02-2018, 08:21 AM
tomhugill

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by Imex-Erik View Post
Yes the JS-2 will be a great addition It has been worked on for a while now and the sounds are complete already. The Leopard is also going to be a great addition and should be available soon as well
Hey Erik, is that a leo 1 being done?
Old 01-02-2018, 08:57 AM
sollie

Received 18 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by Imex-Erik View Post
Aprox release date , and demo of it running with sounds ?
Old 01-03-2018, 01:15 AM
jarndice

Received 38 Likes on 36 Posts

It should be on sale in the UK by March 2018 no price yet,
The main gun clamp on the rear panel of the engine bay is it functional or moulded on?
Shaun.
Old 01-03-2018, 06:28 AM
Imex-Erik

Received 25 Likes on 23 Posts

I have the sound card here, it is one of the ones I hinted at actually a long time ago I told you guys there was something Russian coming down the line about a year or so ago. In fact I think I even dropped a hint the last time I seen a pop up lid too. More details will come, the Leopard 2 will be released here first. I won't hijack the thread but soon I'll get more info. With Xmas around I'm so busy I can't really devote time to something else when I have to be taking care of people and questions. I'm actually doing RCU on my breaks atm, I haven't had a Saturday off in almost 2 months so hopefully things die down soon. I have big plans for 2018....
Old 01-05-2018, 08:10 PM
ArmouredRCWorkshopAU

It never ceases to amaze me how the "Taigen's" of the world sit down to plan new releases and decide to release something already available from another company.

Why don't they pick something NO-ONE else makes ?? Say the British "Cruiser" line ... Cruiser leads to Crusader, leads to Cromwell, leads to Comet, leads to Centurion, etc ....

They've already overlooked SU series on T34 underhull ... and like Panther G & Jagdpanther, half the work has been done already

Amazing

Gary T
Vicarmour
Old 01-06-2018, 05:01 AM
Dusty Steppes

Originally Posted by ArmouredRCWorkshopAU View Post
It never ceases to amaze me how the "Taigen's" of the world sit down to plan new releases and decide to release something already available from another company.

Why don't they pick something NO-ONE else makes ?? Say the British "Cruiser" line ... Cruiser leads to Crusader, leads to Cromwell, leads to Comet, leads to Centurion, etc ....

They've already overlooked SU series on T34 underhull ... and like Panther G & Jagdpanther, half the work has been done already

Amazing

Gary T
Vicarmour
Totally agree with your statement about the T34. It would be nice to see more Russian armor and the T34 chassis could easily provide this. Different upper hull and turret configurations combined with an offering of different styles of roadwheels would be more than welcome. The same can also be said of their KV. A few minor changes to the hulls and turrets and they have new products to offer.
Old 01-06-2018, 06:12 AM
Rebellion13

It is cheaper to copy someone else work. To research, develop, implement etc and make the molds, requires a lot of time and effort and a crap ton of money.So for these companies it is easier and cheaper to just copy, unfortunately. There are some companies that have some British tanks, but like I stated they are quite expensive.

Cheers,
Wade
Old 01-06-2018, 08:07 AM
jarndice

Received 38 Likes on 36 Posts

Wade you have my complete agreement,
I get really fed up with every manufacturer EXCEPT Tamiya selling Tiger 1s with an incorrectly positioned Cupola and duplicated Aerial Stowage Tubes and Panzer 4s with wrongly positioned rear rollers and the body behind the Turret horizontal instead of having a 5 degree negative slope and both the rear idlers and the front sprockets are wrongly positioned .
If it was just one company making the mistakes I would be less inclined to complain but they all make the same mistakes,
The only good thing is that most of these faults are an easy fix but it is most frustrating,
Will they never learn?
Shaun.
Old 01-06-2018, 09:37 AM
Cruiser133

I just look at it as an opportunity for someone to have a JS-2 that cannot afford a Tamiya. I have at least $1200 in mine after the DKLM additions so I welcome more choices for the consumers. Yes I yawned as well, but on the other hand I am happy there are companies still bringing out new offerings.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.