Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Tanks
Reload this Page >

Taigen High density flash

Community
Search
Notices
RC Tanks Discuss all aspects of rc tank building and driving here!

Taigen High density flash

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2018, 02:45 PM
Tankkiller 33

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Question about Taigen High density flash

Hi im new to this ,i have 3 heng long tanks a tiger ,bulldog, and sherman . I want to fit a taigen high density flash in each of the barrels ....
I' not bothered about firing bbs but want to keep the sound and recoil action This has probably been answered many times but help is needed
thanks

Last edited by Tankkiller 33; 01-04-2018 at 02:59 PM. Reason: Typo error
Old 01-04-2018, 04:01 PM
Crius

Received 313 Likes on 259 Posts

Hi, and welcome aboard. I think you mean a high intensity flash, and for the tiger and the sherman it would be easiest just to swap to an IR turret. That would not only give you flash, but barrel recoil as well. The Bulldog would be a bit more challenging, but you're right that it's been done before and we have a couple of Bulldog aficionados here that may be willing to advise you.

Welcome to the Dark Side of RC. You're gonna love it.
Old 01-05-2018, 03:00 AM
Tankkiller 33

Originally Posted by Crius
Hi, and welcome aboard. I think you mean a high intensity flash, and for the tiger and the sherman it would be easiest just to swap to an IR turret. That would not only give you flash, but barrel recoil as well. The Bulldog would be a bit more challenging, but you're right that it's been done before and we have a couple of Bulldog aficionados here that may be willing to advise you.

Welcome to the Dark Side of RC. You're gonna love it.
cheers thanks
Old 01-05-2018, 09:17 AM
RichJohnson

Received 374 Likes on 238 Posts

A way to do it without replaceing the turret is to modify the internal system. As long as the flash bulb fits in the barrel, remove the turret and take it apart. Remove the main gun from the turret and cut apart the area where the BBs enter the breech and run the wire through that hole. Remove the BB feed devices on the top of the turret for clearance of the wire.
This should do it for you but you will have to figure out how big to make the hole and cable length etc.
plan it all out first before you take a dremmel to it.
Old 01-06-2018, 03:52 PM
Tankkiller 33

Originally Posted by RichJohnson
A way to do it without replaceing the turret is to modify the internal system. As long as the flash bulb fits in the barrel, remove the turret and take it apart. Remove the main gun from the turret and cut apart the area where the BBs enter the breech and run the wire through that hole. Remove the BB feed devices on the top of the turret for clearance of the wire.
This should do it for you but you will have to figure out how big to make the hole and cable length etc.
plan it all out first before you take a dremmel to it.
ok cheers rich I'll have a good look at it when I get chance I've a spare just in ase

​​​​​​​
Old 01-09-2018, 01:28 AM
Tankkiller 33

Sorted flash unit fitted and housed in turret all wires connected working great now on to the zimmerite then spray up thanks all for your help