Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Tanks
Reload this Page >

Tamiya "Super Spin" Tiger IE

Community
Search
Notices
RC Tanks Discuss all aspects of rc tank building and driving here!

Tamiya "Super Spin" Tiger IE

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2018, 08:48 PM
TheBennyB

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Rad_Schuhart
I see... Well, anyway, it should not be that bad. First try what Jeff said. Im sure it is something related with your radio setup or your DMD calibration.
It's beyond that Rad. If he's got the 1st generation separated gearboxes, those suckers are just balls out fast. Run true as hell and probably one of the nicest gearboxes out there, just gotta tinker with them to reduce output rpm. Once you get a nice low rpm motor with a higher T pinion those Gen 1 are real nice, smooth, quiet, and durable. Still run them in my Imai Elefant and the newer Luchs since you can side mount them.
Old 02-05-2018, 09:57 AM
Shorty54

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for all the help guys!

I ordered the new ETO transmissions and Henn tec tensioner this morning from Bob.

I will post results when I have them installed.

Thanks,
Shad
Old 02-05-2018, 10:26 AM
sevoblast

Received 54 Likes on 40 Posts

The trans and HennTec should go out to you tomorrow your time, Daryl is pretty good at getting shipments out rapidly. I sent you the instructions for the transmission but Yahoo Mail is acting silly tonight so I also sent them via [email protected]. Either way you should have them by now. Everything works but Yahool mail so it's not either of our two net provider systems. Happens sometimes and it's probably another local DOS attack.
Old 02-09-2018, 07:54 AM
Shorty54

Originally Posted by sevoblast
The trans and HennTec should go out to you tomorrow your time, Daryl is pretty good at getting shipments out rapidly. I sent you the instructions for the transmission but Yahoo Mail is acting silly tonight so I also sent them via [email protected]. Either way you should have them by now. Everything works but Yahool mail so it's not either of our two net provider systems. Happens sometimes and it's probably another local DOS attack.
Bob,
I just received the package! All looks good.
I am sure I can figure it out, but would you by chance have the "English" instructions for the idler kit?
They are in German. If not, no big deal, I am sure its not to difficult to install.
You can PM me or email is fine too. I wont be installing until after work today.

Thanks,
Shad.
Old 02-09-2018, 08:06 AM
sevoblast

I'll email you shortly.
Old 02-19-2018, 08:24 AM
Shorty54

Just an update.
I installed the new ETO Transmission/gearbox kit, and Henn Tec idler/tensioner kit.

The tank now drives much much better. It is very smooth and quiet.
I can now turn it very nice with one track at a time instead of the crazy fast super spin.
It will still super spin, but only at almost full stick.
The tank is no longer a race car that will pull wheelies like before.
Its more realxing and a pleasure to drive now.
Inside the tank, there is less to worry about getting tangled in the gears, since the only gears are in the very very front of the hull.
Also appears there will be very little to no maintenance with these.
Overall a great improvement, for me anyway.
Thanks to Robert and Daryl for the added help.

Thanks,
Shad
Old 02-19-2018, 10:07 PM
sevoblast

Glad you are pleased with the installation! The unit should serve you for years with no problems.
Old 02-19-2018, 10:56 PM
RichJohnson

Received 374 Likes on 238 Posts

Bobs trannys are perfect for a tiger if you can afford them. Jeff and his wife use them and I am always impressed with their performance.

I think your problem is likely a combination of the older faster trannys (Which I have in my ez8 Katy Kat) and the settings of your radio.
I Use the HK 6 channel radios and you have to program these with a laptop and sometimes they can be glitch to figure out especially if they are right out of the box and haven't been programmed on the laptop yet.
I was wondering if you had programmed the DMD settings while the radio switch was in the null position and then turned off null. But if you reset the DMD then you likely didn't do this twice.
I also drive on one stick and fight on the other. It comes from two things for me, a history of model ships, and logic. I drive on the left and fight on the right. I can hold the radio with my left hand all the time and control the tank keeping my right hand to reset it or un foul it or whatever and only need two hands for battle control. Works great for me as I put the non sprung ratchet stick on the right and block out the up down movement, using instead a knob for elevation....but I digress.

Any way, I have an idea for you.
Take your radio system out of your pershing and install it in the tiger. Do the DMD set up procedure and drive it. This will tell you if you have an issue with the radio or if it just your own driving timing with the high speed trannys.