Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Tanks
Reload this Page >

IMEX, Taigen & Waltersons Tank News

Community
Search
Notices
RC Tanks Discuss all aspects of rc tank building and driving here!

IMEX, Taigen & Waltersons Tank News

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2018, 01:40 PM
Imex-Erik

Received 37 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by wsn123
"I have the Leopard at the warehouse and will get some pictures of it soon. New upper hull with sliding hatch, all new metal turret, and of course our metal lower hull to match. It will be here July/Aug or so though of course I'll try to push for asap"

Are any improvements in Taigen Leopard lower hull suspension also expected ?
Originally Posted by tiger rampage
I've not had a complaint to the Taigen lower hull. I can stand on it and I'm a hefty guy at around 180lbs. Honestly I don't see a need for "improvement" when it works great already I have been keeping watch on the replacement parts and they are very rarely sold for that tank, just like the Sherman. The new lower hulls are super tough and work great out of the box. You are welcome to email me with some concerns or suggestions though, I'm always happy to pass it along if I see it is a worthy improvement!
Erik, when you say there are 2 people coming out with an M-60 do you mean manufacturers like Heng Long, hooben or waltersons?
Well Clark said he was working on his over a year ago with MATO but we all know how MATO works with new releases DKLM has one too, those are the two I was speaking of. I would tend to favor DKLM if I had to pick on both release ETA and quality.
Old 04-26-2018, 03:22 PM
RichJohnson

Received 374 Likes on 238 Posts

Power Pole connectors are very popular in the ham radio field. They are beefy robust, very safe, come in kits and are available in several sizes and include red and black male/ female plugs. They would be the best for the industry to move to but they are not cheap at all.
Old 04-26-2018, 11:42 PM
Tanque

Received 95 Likes on 82 Posts

Originally Posted by RichJohnson
Power Pole connectors are very popular in the ham radio field. They are beefy robust, very safe, come in kits and are available in several sizes and include red and black male/ female plugs. They would be the best for the industry to move to but they are not cheap at all.
I've seen these sorts of connectors but hadn't really looked into who made them. I believe APS uses these in their UPS units and heavy current versions to boot. I can see they are a quality unit. I would think the 45 amp connector set should be more than enough for anything we could come up with no? https://powerwerx.com/anderson-power...-sb-connectors

Jerry
Old 04-27-2018, 02:10 AM
tomhugill

Received 23 Likes on 14 Posts

Why complicate things, RC car and boat people run far more current hungry vehicles than we do, xt60 are my preference but pretty much anything that isn't a tamiya connector should be fine for a 1/16 tank
Old 04-27-2018, 03:18 AM
Longsheep

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

If your a builder ludwig offers a centurian kit, just looked it over today. But its more costly than a tamiya.
dklm is supposed to release their m60 any day. IF its not a ridiculas price im considdering it.
The DKLM/OKMO M60A3 should be ready in a month. I have played with it last Sunday and it was very good - the WH16S board has authentic M60 sound, very powerful amp. Driving is smooth with DKLM gearbox and nothing from the torsional bar suspension was damaged (we broke 1 metal HL and 1 Tamiya on the suspension/wheels that day).

Next unit will be the last pre-production and the rest will be sold. Price should be slightly over $1000 sans board, so about $100-300 over the most expensive Tamiya F/O kit. Its mobility and sound volume should be better than any stock Tamiya. Some part will be cast/printed with extra tough material.

Last edited by Longsheep; 04-27-2018 at 03:21 AM.
Old 04-27-2018, 03:24 AM
Longsheep

Originally Posted by Imex-Erik
Well Clark said he was working on his over a year ago with MATO but we all know how MATO works with new releases DKLM has one too, those are the two I was speaking of. I would tend to favor DKLM if I had to pick on both release ETA and quality.
Clark's project is not/no longer with MATO anymore. He is working with Robert who is the main distributor of HL Taiwan.
If it ever gets made, it will be in premium HL quality but at slightly higher price due to smaller production. The earlier discussion on FB suggested no torsion bars, but it is subjected to change. So far only rough CAD drawings are available.
Old 04-27-2018, 05:25 AM
Tanque

Received 95 Likes on 82 Posts

Originally Posted by tomhugill
Why complicate things, RC car and boat people run far more current hungry vehicles than we do, xt60 are my preference but pretty much anything that isn't a tamiya connector should be fine for a 1/16 tank
Not sure how a better connector would complicate things but ok we'll agree to disagree...I'm not looking to be compatible with the world.
Just within the scope of my models AND using a superior, safer connector to do it..

Jerry
Old 04-27-2018, 05:37 AM
Imex-Erik

Received 37 Likes on 33 Posts

WOW, you are probably the first person to say they love powerpoles I've met!! I love them actually, on all our current chargers I help with there are powerpole DC connectors as you can get a ton of current through them and you don't special cables to make serial connections with them! When I run dual batteries on my car it is simple to just unhook them from each other (the leads are interlocking and can be swapped in any direction) and make a serial connection with ease. Definitely my favorite connector if I'm not looking at weight savings.
Originally Posted by Tanque
I've seen these sorts of connectors but hadn't really looked into who made them. I believe APS uses these in their UPS units and heavy current versions to boot. I can see they are a quality unit. I would think the 45 amp connector set should be more than enough for anything we could come up with no? https://powerwerx.com/anderson-power...-sb-connectors

Jerry
Oh yea, the contacts on these are big just like the Traxxas plugs, very secure too. Unfortunately the ability to unhook them from each other might be a bit too unsafe for the normal customer, possibly a drop of glue or something might help there. If you can, definitely check them out and order a set, you won't turn back for sure
Old 04-27-2018, 07:04 AM
Longsheep

Originally Posted by Imex-Erik
WOW, you are probably the first person to say they love powerpoles I've met!! I love them actually, on all our current chargers I help with there are powerpole DC connectors as you can get a ton of current through them and you don't special cables to make serial connections with them! When I run dual batteries on my car it is simple to just unhook them from each other (the leads are interlocking and can be swapped in any direction) and make a serial connection with ease. Definitely my favorite connector if I'm not looking at weight savings.

Oh yea, the contacts on these are big just like the Traxxas plugs, very secure too. Unfortunately the ability to unhook them from each other might be a bit too unsafe for the normal customer, possibly a drop of glue or something might help there. If you can, definitely check them out and order a set, you won't turn back for sure
I use the bullet/banana type connector between ESC and motor, as the RC car folks love it.
https://oscarliang.com/choosing-gold...ors-motor-esc/
Old 04-27-2018, 01:53 PM
tiger rampage

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

Erik, you mentioned that you saw Heng Long at the Beijing hobby show was there any news or information about future releases?
Old 04-27-2018, 10:23 PM
NFury25

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi Erik,

In your many and varied travels, have you come across anyone who is considering releasing a 1/16 Merkava or Leclerc?