Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Tanks
Reload this Page >

Schwimmwagen project up for grabs.

Community
Search
Notices
RC Tanks Discuss all aspects of rc tank building and driving here!

Schwimmwagen project up for grabs.

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2018, 12:01 PM
ausf

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Schwimmwagen project up for grabs.

This is another shelf queen I'd like to see in someones hands that'll finish it. I have far too many projects and these have fallen to the bottom of the list.

I have a complete Eduard Schwimm. I installed a Losi 4WD drivetrain and trans, a 1cell motor for the prop, lights and a servo to animate the driver.

It's completely waterproof and floats, prop drives it enough for a nice wake. Steering servo is sealed and ablove the waterline, the interior is sealed for splashing. I had a video of it in action but can't find it right now (it was on youTube).

Notek and taillight work, proper amber over red for the tail, warm white in the Notek. I originally had a 2 channel, pistol grip TX/RX for the drive and a separate esc for the prop, but decides I wanted to go with a regular 6 channel, so I pulled that. I was also toying with going brushless with a prop shaft on the rear, but never progressed.

So that's where it stands, a Horizon hobby drive (widely available parts if ever necessary) and the complete Eduard kit which has been OOP for a long time. It was a hard find years ago, not sure about today, but I'll never finish it so if someone has the interest, bench space and time, it'd be a nice project.

PM if interested and we can discuss it further or just reply if anyone has any questions in general.

Old 05-10-2018, 12:13 PM
purplebrad
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Pm sent
Old 05-14-2018, 12:52 PM
Maccrage

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

I'd get it, but I have one already in my stash of future projects.
Old 05-15-2018, 08:27 AM
ausf

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I can't figure out how to edit the original thread.

It's no longer available.