Community
Search
Notices
RC Tanks Discuss all aspects of rc tank building and driving here!

Sad tidings

Search this Thread

Old 10-08-2018, 02:58 PM
Tanque

Received 95 Likes on 82 Posts
Default Sad tidings

Some of you may know this already but last week we lost a fellow modeler, Per Sonnervik. I don't believe he was as active in US forums as in
some of the European as he lived in Stockholm Sweden. I'd known Per since the late 1980s and he was a first class modeler, really one of the best IMHO,
who maintained the highest standard of detail and accuracy. His 1/8 scale King Tiger is second to none and is still an inspiration many years after
it's creation. One of Per's personal favorites was in fact the King Tiger and he was a definitive source of information on it. He later changed over to
1/6 scale and again focused on detail accuracy and his exacting standards. Like many of us he had many modeling 'irons in the fire' and enjoyed
the creativity our hobby engenders.

I had the pleasure of his and his wife's company here several times and well remember our trips to Littlefield's and on to rummaging through surplus
stores in Silicon Valley.

I have the honor of a few compliments on my own work from Per, the best of these being " Ah, Jerry that's my level of detail!"

My last email from him was a reply to paint color questions but to him a scant 2 weeks before he left us. The long chats with him will be sorely missed.
My deepest condolences to his wife Birgitta.

Jerry

Last edited by Tanque; 10-08-2018 at 03:36 PM.
Old 10-08-2018, 07:50 PM
RC_BobM

Received 97 Likes on 76 Posts

Jerry,
I saw this on Armortek forum. Very sad indeed. We lost another great modeler. Wonder what will happen to his lovely 1/6 scratch builds? I never met him personally but he was well respected world wide on many forums about all things modeling, esp the King Tiger. Farewell friend.
Bob
Old 10-08-2018, 08:25 PM
RichJohnson

Received 374 Likes on 238 Posts

Sad to hear. Make sure his family find deserving homes for his models and don't garage sale them off or give them to the neighborhood kids.
Old 10-09-2018, 12:39 PM
MAUS45

Received 38 Likes on 35 Posts

Jerry,

His 1/8 tiger II inspired me to get the R/C Armory kit, which I am still working on!!! He will be sorely missed as an inspiration to strive for more realistic detail in our work.
Prayers for him and his family.

Rudy
Old 10-10-2018, 12:13 PM
tankme

Received 207 Likes on 169 Posts

Sorry off topic, but is R/C Armory even open? It seem their webpage hasn't been updated since like 2004.
Old 10-10-2018, 01:17 PM
Tanque

Received 95 Likes on 82 Posts

Originally Posted by tankme
Sorry off topic, but is R/C Armory even open? It seem their webpage hasn't been updated since like 2004.
I don't usually rain on others' posts and I've been guilty of appropriating threads but this isn't just off topic IMHO. If you want to start a thread on RC Armory please do, just not here...
Old 10-11-2018, 10:36 PM
herrmill

Received 63 Likes on 47 Posts

Sorry to hear of your loss, Jerry.

Chuck
Old 10-13-2018, 12:31 PM
BPLizard

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That is, indeed, very sad. Although I'm new to this hobby and forum, I'm extending my sincerest condolences to his friends and loved ones. Rest in peace.