Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Tanks
Reload this Page >

Field of Armor Tanks on ebay...

Community
Search
Notices
RC Tanks Discuss all aspects of rc tank building and driving here!

Field of Armor Tanks on ebay...

Search this Thread

Old 12-03-2018, 03:55 PM
Old MSgt

Received 26 Likes on 23 Posts
Default Field of Armor Tanks on ebay...

As always, I'm the 'watchdog' for 1/6 rc tanks I find and pass on the info. Here's what I've seen:

There's a '1/6th scale Field of Armor Tiger I' on ebay with LOADS of detail parts in Florida. The only 'negative' is it doesn't have a drive system but that could be cured with your own or an FOA drive system. Price is $1495, 'local pickup only'.

And there's a '1/6 FOA Panther' on ebay (it was on there a few months ago) with LOTS of detail parts and a drive system for $3900.

Just passing along what I find.

Mike in Kentucky
Old 12-04-2018, 05:09 AM
Panther F

Received 41 Likes on 38 Posts

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1-6TH-SCALE...Sogn:rk:1:pf:0

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1-6-Scale-F...BBII:rk:1:pf:0
Old 12-04-2018, 07:40 AM
tankme

Received 207 Likes on 169 Posts

The Panther is quite nice. After seeing it I remember seeing it on Ebay also. I think it's been for sale for almost a year. Can't tell what brand those ESCs are, but they are being mixed together with an IMX-1 mixer. He is using the off the shelf FOA motor and suspension package. Both are quite expensive on the FOA site.
Old 12-04-2018, 09:03 AM
Crius

Received 313 Likes on 259 Posts

The FOA tanks seem to be pretty good, but to create a reasonably accurate scale model will take a lot of work. I was looking at the tiger one and instantly saw that the front fenders are all wrong, they have the skirts as one continuous piece instead of being separate panels, there are no view slits in the commanders cupola and it's in the wrong position, and the list goes on. I think they're still decent tanks and a very good price for 1/6 scale, but be advised that they need quite a bit of work to be turned into a halfway accurate scale model.
Old 12-04-2018, 12:07 PM
Old MSgt

Received 26 Likes on 23 Posts

Well, when I built the FOA M4A3/76 Sherman the details were a LOT easier to put on and make modifications on to the fiberglass/plastic hull/turret than it is to do on METAL vehicles, I'm here to tell ya!

Even though the FOA Sherman was in the early stage of development back then when I built it (and there's been excellent upgrades since), it's hull/turret could be readily modified/fixed if (WHEN!) I messed up. JB Weld, Miliput, Bondo, are my best buddies and easy to work with! Easy to put on tool mounts, hatches, and other details.

I get the facebook 1/6 tank/accessories company pages like FOA, Panzerwerk, Armorpax, Armortek, East Coast Armory, etc., and there's some AMAZING builds/detailing being done by builders with FOA tanks. And it's GREAT how fast new 1/6 rc vehicles & detail parts are coming out now.

Mike

Last edited by Old MSgt; 12-04-2018 at 01:08 PM.