Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Tanks
Reload this Page >

My Taigen Jagdtiger adventure

Community
Search
Notices
RC Tanks Discuss all aspects of rc tank building and driving here!

My Taigen Jagdtiger adventure

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2019, 10:14 AM
BcuriousR

Received 26 Likes on 15 Posts
Default My Taigen Jagdtiger adventure

I bought this tank last summer planning to try some new things. It has an IBU2U and Tamiya TBU. The TBU is mounted in the back on a removable boom. I did this in order to use the factory pin-out on the upper hatch for an FPV system. The speaker is a 2.5" Dayton Audio 4ohm in a ported enclosure. The smoke unit is under the IBU and is being replaced/or redesigned with a fan. Thanks for looking, I can't wait to get it on the field.

Old 03-27-2019, 11:22 AM
Markocaster

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

very nice! Love the camo !
Old 03-27-2019, 11:33 AM
Imex-Erik

Received 37 Likes on 33 Posts

Wow that is looking really good! If I could suggest one thing it would be to move one of those antennas and place them at a 90 degree V shape. I typically put them on the inside of the rear plate for the JTs. The newer FlySky radios actually have transmitter diversity, but I'm not sure if one is RF and other is telemetry or if it is true diversity always. Either way facing up is going to be a way better option as your null points for the antennas will be facing straight up and into the ground.

Also that mount is pretty nice out the back, is that a 3D print?
Old 03-27-2019, 03:24 PM
BcuriousR

Received 26 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by Imex-Erik
Wow that is looking really good! If I could suggest one thing it would be to move one of those antennas and place them at a 90 degree V shape. I typically put them on the inside of the rear plate for the JTs. The newer FlySky radios actually have transmitter diversity, but I'm not sure if one is RF and other is telemetry or if it is true diversity always. Either way facing up is going to be a way better option as your null points for the antennas will be facing straight up and into the ground.

Also that mount is pretty nice out the back, is that a 3D print?
Thanks Erik, I'll give that a try. No, the mount in the back is just cut and sculpted styrene. It has a two part mount. Inside the upper hull is a slotted mount that is hidden when the doors are closed, The apple is then mounted on a sliding/telescoping mount cotter pinned to the inner plate. Simple but works. I appreciate the advice and suggestions from a cool community of hobbiers.
Old 03-27-2019, 08:48 PM
Panzerpaul

Received 25 Likes on 11 Posts

Can’t wait to see it battle. Super good job all round. PP
Old 03-28-2019, 03:44 AM
BrokenSprocket

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just purchased the same exact tank and love it. It's my first tank and I've been thinking about how to convert it to IR. You solved that problem. Thank you for posting!
Old 03-28-2019, 06:31 AM
MAUS45

Received 38 Likes on 35 Posts

Nice repaint and build!!!