Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Tanks
Reload this Page >

Tiger 1 transmission mount height.

Community
Search
Notices
RC Tanks Discuss all aspects of rc tank building and driving here!

Tiger 1 transmission mount height.

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2019, 11:39 AM
Shabbernigdo

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Tiger 1 transmission mount height.

Ok so purchased some tiger 2 transmission for my tiger 1 but the little feet / mounts are longer then the tiger 1 versions. Any one know the over all length of the little feet / mounts on the tiger 1 ( TU2 ) transmission so i can shorten the ones i have to the right size? Ty for any information : )
Old 04-22-2019, 08:22 PM
sevoblast

Received 54 Likes on 40 Posts

What brand of tank is this Tiger 1, who made the transmission and who's Tiger 2 did the transmission come from?
Old 04-22-2019, 09:44 PM
Shabbernigdo

Originally Posted by sevoblast
What brand of tank is this Tiger 1, who made the transmission and who's Tiger 2 did the transmission come from?
Tamiya for all 3 questions.
Old 04-22-2019, 10:05 PM
sevoblast

Originally Posted by Shabbernigdo
Tamiya for all 3 questions.
OK, no problem. Tamiya uses the same TU for KT and T1 ,only difference is the stand offs.

Stand offs, original equipment on a new Tiger 1 mm transmission, three for each unit, length is 9.3 mm. You can vary the length from 9.2 to 9.4 but nothing outside of that variable and make sure both units have matching standoffs.

Transmissions installed in Tiger B, aka Tiger 2, are 5 mm wider than for a Tiger E, aka Tiger 1. This difference is made up by the transmission installation holes in the wider Tiger B hull. Also, for Tiger B take the stock Tamiya track pins, remove each one link by link and insert them from the outside, not the stock inside. Reason being sometimes the pins will walk out a hair with time and the clearance at the rear hull plate is minimal as the tracks co around the idler. If the pin is on the inside, it will catch on the hull rear plate and eventually bend the pin or break the track link. With the pin installed from the outside this problem is eliminated plus you can easily see a pin that has decided to wander on out a mm or two.

For Tiger E, this pin problem does not exist as far as I know.

Last edited by sevoblast; 04-22-2019 at 10:10 PM.
Old 04-23-2019, 01:37 AM
Shabbernigdo

Ok ty. Bought an NOS kit that had the type 1 transmissions so i wanted to upgrade it to the newer ones. Couldent find new tiger one transmissions in stock but AAF had some for the KT and after looking on forums people said they would fit just the same except the standoffs so i went with those.
Old 04-23-2019, 02:28 AM
sevoblast

Originally Posted by Shabbernigdo
Ok ty. Bought an NOS kit that had the type 1 transmissions so i wanted to upgrade it to the newer ones. Couldent find new tiger one transmissions in stock but AAF had some for the KT and after looking on forums people said they would fit just the same except the standoffs so i went with those.
Yup, they are a bolt in, but then so are my units.