Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Tanks
Reload this Page >

1/24 War Thunder Tanks - FOV revival?

Community
Search
Notices
RC Tanks Discuss all aspects of rc tank building and driving here!

1/24 War Thunder Tanks - FOV revival?

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-2019, 04:08 PM
Tankhobby

Received 76 Likes on 50 Posts
Default 1/24 War Thunder Tanks - FOV revival?

I just recently saw these on Ebay. Looks like the Battle Beam series from Forces of Valor or Unimax. Isn't Walterson's reviving or at least reworking that line? Anybody have any scuttlebutt on these?

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1-24-German...sAAOSwTZhbs6dA

Thanks
Old 08-08-2019, 08:18 AM
Imex-Erik

Received 37 Likes on 33 Posts

Yes, Waltersons has made a deal with War Thunder to distribute special versions of their 24th scale line which include a few in game credits and other stuff if I remember correctly. We actually carry the 24th line now, just not the WT combo as it adds to the price.
Old 08-08-2019, 02:03 PM
Tankhobby

Hi Erik,

Does the infrared combat work with Walterson's tanks or did they get their own protocol?

I'm assuming they would not work with the original Unimax series?

Any new model in the 1/24 series coming out?

Thanks
Old 08-09-2019, 06:04 AM
Imex-Erik

Pretty sure both the 24th and 16th will be compatible however there are still time for updates for future additional features to be added. Not sure on the Unimax stuff, I'll ask and see. The 24th has the Abrams and Pershing next, I should have an Abrams to play with soon as I've been pestering him for one. They are updating a lot of the molds on the 24th scale items and that includes things like gearboxes and electronics so it takes a while.
Old 01-30-2021, 09:45 AM
Armour1944

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Imex-Erik
Pretty sure both the 24th and 16th will be compatible however there are still time for updates for future additional features to be added. Not sure on the Unimax stuff, I'll ask and see.
Any news on this Erik? I have 2 Unimax FOV 1/24 tanks and I would be interested in what other IR tank model series/brands they are/are not compatible with -if anyone knows?

Also, I don't think WALTERSONs have released things like the ABRAMS models in practice as I've never seen them offered anywhere.
Old 02-01-2021, 12:21 PM
Imex-Erik

Originally Posted by Armour1944
Any news on this Erik? I have 2 Unimax FOV 1/24 tanks and I would be interested in what other IR tank model series/brands they are/are not compatible with -if anyone knows?

Also, I don't think WALTERSONs have released things like the ABRAMS models in practice as I've never seen them offered anywhere.
Waltersons is slow to release products. I don't work for them so I cannot speak for them. You can just give them an email or hit them up on FB and ask though.
I will say however I do have a FoV Abrams in my hands
Old 02-01-2021, 02:54 PM
H2Ohaze

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I was trying to find out how far the FOV/ Waltersons go back for myself. The newest "War Thunder" editions are compatible with the next generation back, the "Waltersons" marked ones. When I asked Torro.de how far back these newer tanks are compatible they replied:

"the FoV-models are compatible if there's also a 2.4GHz board inside."

I don't own a Unimax version, but I'm guessing two things it has: 1) the transmitter to receiver is IR (not the battle system, the Tx stick works by IR not 2.4 Ghz or 40 Mhz, etc.
2) The battle teams are designated teams 1, 2, 3, 4 (1 is neutral).

Instead, my recent tanks use the team A, B, N (neutral) system. I'm not 100 % sure but I did try a anti -tank searchlight that was marked Unimax on the box, and instructions listed teams 1,2,3,4. It didn't trigger the IR on my recent 2.4 Ghz tank.

Edit: Btw I did try all the combinations for both the Anti-tank Searchlight vs the newer tank, 1-N, 1-A, 2-N, 3-A, 4-B... every permutation. None would register a hit. The tank I tried to hit was a Sherman "Waltersons"...one step back in time from the latest "War Thunder" edition.

Last edited by H2Ohaze; 02-02-2021 at 11:07 AM.
Old 02-02-2021, 03:09 PM
Tankhobby

Originally Posted by H2Ohaze
I was trying to find out how far the FOV/ Waltersons go back for myself. The newest "War Thunder" editions are compatible with the next generation back, the "Waltersons" marked ones. When I asked Torro.de how far back these newer tanks are compatible they replied:

"the FoV-models are compatible if there's also a 2.4GHz board inside."

I don't own a Unimax version, but I'm guessing two things it has: 1) the transmitter to receiver is IR (not the battle system, the Tx stick works by IR not 2.4 Ghz or 40 Mhz, etc.
2) The battle teams are designated teams 1, 2, 3, 4 (1 is neutral).

Instead, my recent tanks use the team A, B, N (neutral) system. I'm not 100 % sure but I did try a anti -tank searchlight that was marked Unimax on the box, and instructions listed teams 1,2,3,4. It didn't trigger the IR on my recent 2.4 Ghz tank.

Edit: Btw I did try all the combinations for both the Anti-tank Searchlight vs the newer tank, 1-N, 1-A, 2-N, 3-A, 4-B... every permutation. None would register a hit. The tank I tried to hit was a Sherman "Waltersons"...one step back in time from the latest "War Thunder" edition.
The Unimax or FOV tanks use crystals for the transmitter and receiver (tank), so the control is not IR, only the battle signals. Yes there were multiple "teams" which is nice, I wish Yamiya had that. The only complaint I have with the FOV team selection is you can do it from the transmitter, and when you power off it doesn't remember. If it was on the tank by a switch you can set it and cannot change it to gain an advantage in battle (change to adversary team while advancing them switch back when in place to shoot).
Old 02-15-2021, 05:18 AM
Armour1944

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

There's actually a new F-book group for tanks of this scale now, FYI:

1/24 RC tanks