Community
Search
Notices
RC Tanks Discuss all aspects of rc tank building and driving here!

Kubelwagens, Anyone?

Search this Thread

Old 10-06-2019, 09:33 AM
Crius

Received 313 Likes on 259 Posts
Default Kubelwagens, Anyone?

Not sure why, but suddenly there seems to be a glut of the old Tamiya Kubelwagen kits available on ebay, the Rommel version with balloon tires, the standard Type 82 and there's even one of the RC kits on there, but it's rather pricey at $275. Most of them seem to be shipping from Japan (a few from Hong Kong) so I wonder if tamiya did an eastern market re-release? Here's a link to one in Hong Kong that can be had for just about $110 delivered. That's less than I paid for mine three years ago.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Tamiya-1-16...item5923c5008f

Now, I don't work for tamiya and I'm not trying to advertise for them, I'm just passing along the info that those who have been looking for a kubel might find this an advantageous time to do a little ebay surfin'. I like to find one, add it to my watch list and from that list click on "view similar items" and that usually brings up all the options they have to offer at the time. So if you've been wanting to add one of these to your collection, now might be a good time. Happy hunting.
Old 10-07-2019, 01:33 AM
jarndice

Received 64 Likes on 60 Posts

Thanks for that sir, I have long wanted a "Kubel" preferably R/C to run alongside my Tigers and PZ4s but until now I have had to settle for a Citroen light 15 which German Armoured units in France used in preference to the uncomfortable and smokey Merc's but the Citroen was only used on the road not across the fields of Northern France unlike the Kubel.
I shall start my search.
Old 10-07-2019, 03:53 AM
Panther F

Received 41 Likes on 38 Posts

Maybe the recent "surge" is from the expected release of Torro's RC Schwimmwagen.

Big deal... I have all three kits laying here in storage, 2 of them sealed. They're just another dust queen waiting to be built.
Old 10-07-2019, 05:01 AM
Tanque

Received 95 Likes on 82 Posts

I have one of these as well but I appreciate the heads up from your observation as I'm sure many other
readers will...

Jerry
Old 10-07-2019, 05:15 AM
Rad_Schuhart

Received 55 Likes on 38 Posts

Originally Posted by Crius
Not sure why, but suddenly there seems to be a glut of the old Tamiya Kubelwagen kits available on ebay, the Rommel version with balloon tires, the standard Type 82 and there's even one of the RC kits on there, but it's rather pricey at $275. Most of them seem to be shipping from Japan (a few from Hong Kong) so I wonder if tamiya did an eastern market re-release? Here's a link to one in Hong Kong that can be had for just about $110 delivered. That's less than I paid for mine three years ago.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Tamiya-1-16...item5923c5008f

Now, I don't work for tamiya and I'm not trying to advertise for them, I'm just passing along the info that those who have been looking for a kubel might find this an advantageous time to do a little ebay surfin'. I like to find one, add it to my watch list and from that list click on "view similar items" and that usually brings up all the options they have to offer at the time. So if you've been wanting to add one of these to your collection, now might be a good time. Happy hunting.
I dont know where you guys buy the things, but I bought three kubelwagens along the years, and never paid more than 55 euros shipped.
Where?
Here
https://www.rcjaz.com/tamiya-36202-p...82-p-5400.html which is available now

https://www.rcjaz.com/tamiya-36205-k...gn-p-5403.html The european version is temporary out of stock.

They even used to sell the RC version for 60 bucks.
https://www.rcjaz.com/tamiya-56012-1...82-p-3453.html

You all should flee from ebay like the pest.

Last edited by Rad_Schuhart; 10-07-2019 at 08:18 AM.
Old 10-07-2019, 08:22 AM
Crius

Originally Posted by Panther F
Maybe the recent "surge" is from the expected release of Torro's RC Schwimmwagen.

Big deal... I have all three kits laying here in storage, 2 of them sealed. They're just another dust queen waiting to be built.
So that's why I can't find a schwimmwagen kit anywhere, Jeff's got them all at his house.
Old 10-07-2019, 09:10 AM
Panther F

Received 41 Likes on 38 Posts

Originally Posted by Crius
So that's why I can't find a schwimmwagen kit anywhere, Jeff's got them all at his house.
Ha ha! Nope! I only have one kit, the other 2 are the Tamiya Kubels.

Big plans and too many other irons in the fire. I'd have to be an RC guru like you guys to RC all of them but they are just fragile plastic kits afterall.
Old 10-07-2019, 11:02 AM
Crius

If you ever want to sell the schwimmwagen kit, give me a holler.