Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Tanks
Reload this Page >

Anyone feeling adventurous?

Community
Search
Notices
RC Tanks Discuss all aspects of rc tank building and driving here!

Anyone feeling adventurous?

Search this Thread

Old 11-27-2019, 03:47 AM
Crius

Received 313 Likes on 259 Posts

As soon as I saw the nicad batteries that came with it I knew at the very least I could turn the body of the tank into a charger using the USB charger they provide. The tank also has quite a few colored LEDs in it, red, green and clear.

the postage to China thing is a scam they've been using for quite some time. Creality tried that on me when I wanted to return the resin printer I got from them that had no viable software. When I called PayPal I got a young man named Daniel and I basically told him that I have been scammed by the Chinese and he personally has seen that before and doesn't like it at all so he went out of his way to hook me up. He issued my refund right on the spot. A friend of mine in the business tells me that PayPal probably won't take action, and if they do, by the time they get around to it the scammers will have abandoned the account and moved on to something else. There is, however, one philosophy that we might apply to scammers like this ... KILL 'EM ALL!! Yeah, I know, wishful thinking, but I still get a kick out of it.
Old 11-30-2019, 06:33 AM
dgsselkirk

Received 43 Likes on 20 Posts

Well, here is what I got... 4 of them! LOL! They actually move quite nice and the speed, turret rotation speed, is actually nice and scale speed. So, maybe use the base to make recce vehicle.... hmmm....
[img]https://i.ebayimg.com/00/s/NjAwWDgwMA==/z/QNsAAOSwKdNd3uz7/$_59.JPG

here is a little video
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	$_59.JPG
Views:	47
Size:	67.5 KB
ID:	2265842  

Last edited by dgsselkirk; 11-30-2019 at 06:35 AM.
Old 11-30-2019, 10:56 AM
Crius

Wow, now I feel especially ripped off. If I had gotten four of those I probably wouldn't even have asked for a refund.
Old 11-30-2019, 02:13 PM
Tanque

Received 95 Likes on 82 Posts

Originally Posted by Crius
Wow, now I feel especially ripped off. If I had gotten four of those I probably wouldn't even have asked for a refund.
That tank appears to have functional tracks?? No kiddie wheels under the body??

dgsselkirk, your product seems reasonable. You say you received 4; did you buy 4??
Old 12-02-2019, 04:22 AM
dgsselkirk

Yea, these are from WISH website. I got sucked in $79.99 ea. The tracks are a hardened rubber and the tank actually runs quite nice at slower scale speed.... no kiddie wheels...

Last edited by dgsselkirk; 12-02-2019 at 06:47 AM.
Old 12-02-2019, 08:01 AM
Crius

Dean, what did they show in their ad? The ad for my mystery tank showed the all metal King Tiger without paint.
Old 12-02-2019, 08:39 AM
dgsselkirk

Mine was the HL Leopard 2A6 with metal lower....
Old 02-01-2020, 06:55 AM
Crius

Hi guys, I'm dragging up this old thread because I've had to do a few searches on the internet for stuff lately and I see the ad for this scam all over the web. There are at least three different u.s. dropshipping companies that are advertising this tank. It makes me wonder if they know that it's actually a scam. What do you guys think? You think the drop shipping companies are being duped as well or do you think they're actively participating in the scam? Do you think it would do any good to email the individual drop shipping companies and ask them if they know that it's actually a scam? I really hate to see this because I think it's bad for our Hobby. Imagine John Q public out there who's looking at buying his first RC tank and has a little bit of recreational Capital to play with who might fall for this and get totally turned off to the Hobby. We might be losing Quality RC tankers because of this crap. Maybe I just got too much time on my hands.
Old 02-01-2020, 08:24 AM
Tanque

Received 95 Likes on 82 Posts

If you can do I say go for it. I doubt the drop shippers don't know it's a scam on some level but they may not know how bad of a scam..

Jerry
Old 02-01-2020, 07:43 PM
sevoblast

Received 54 Likes on 40 Posts

Better to notify your local Attorney General.