Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Tanks
Reload this Page >

R/C Tank Club/Group in Detroit Area?

Community
Search
Notices
RC Tanks Discuss all aspects of rc tank building and driving here!

R/C Tank Club/Group in Detroit Area?

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2022, 10:46 AM
Elwarpo

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by tankme
Five people is about what we get in the Texas Armor battle days on average so I would say yes.
You will have a 6th, I am in The Woodlands now. Have a bunch of tanks, all Tamiya compatible (DMD/MFU/Apple).
Old 01-11-2022, 02:43 PM
sedover

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am but one voice here.

I am in full support of an RC Armor club. I don't care if you are into battling or just running your vehicles I believe there is room for all of us.

A basic "tank day" could be the meet and greet or the follow up. One of my goals is the evolution of my FPV operations but others may have different priorities, that is ok.

I plan to do some winter running at a local site within a couple of weeks if conditions remain stable.

Crius....thanks for your offer let's see where this goes. BTW, any sites near you
Old 01-12-2022, 02:41 AM
CodeWarrior

Crius-
I don't disagree that it would be good to hold a meeting and it's very generous of you to offer your house for that purpose. In my mind, and possibly Steve's as well, the purpose of conducting a survey is to understand what people have and their particular interest. It would also be good to see how many people respond to this thread to gauge the level of interest. It's not a case of one thing or the other- both a meeting and a survey can occur in parallel.
In non-COVID times, or even when the weather is such that people can meet outdoors, I would have no concerns with meeting in person and would enjoy doing so. Unfortunately, if there were to be an in-person meeting I'd likely have to decline as I live with my family and can't risk myself or them getting COVID. A Zoom meeting is also a possibility.
Old 01-12-2022, 02:46 AM
Crius

Received 313 Likes on 259 Posts

There are several parks close to me, one right around the corner but I'm pretty sure that one is all grass. Let me look around and see if I can find one with a baseball diamond or a volleyball court that we could use.

A survey is fine, if that's what you want to do, but I still think that our priority right now should be how many guys we have and what might make the best Central meeting place. Plus, I've noticed that there are people who talk real good, but then they don't show up for meetings. That's why I think it would be best to hold a meeting and find out who will actually attend. It doesn't really matter what kind of Tanks the guy has if he's not going to show up.
Old 01-12-2022, 02:48 AM
Crius

Received 313 Likes on 259 Posts

Oh yeah, as far as covid is concerned, I can't speak for anyone else but I happen to be fully vaccinated so I'm not really concerned about it. It's Beginning to become apparent that covid is something we just have to learn to live with. I don't see it going away anytime soon. I think everyone should do what they have to do to protect themselves, but let's get on with life, eh? Don't let the fear mongers win.
Old 01-15-2022, 11:00 AM
CodeWarrior

I'm fully vaccinated as well- three shots. I don't disagree that COVID is something we will have to live with, it's a question of 'when' that happens. I will do that once the surges taper off some, the hospitals aren't at full capacity and I'm comfortable meeting in-person.

While nobody needs my permission anyway I will urge you to feel free to do as you see fit.
Old 05-30-2022, 11:18 AM
sedover

Just thought I would stop on by.

Anyhow, wanted to see if anyone was up and running. Had not received any notification so I thought not. If there is a spark speak up, otherwise I wish you all well.

My dad was a WWII vet and served with Patton Oct-Nov 44. Suffered war ending (for him) combat injuries while in the Saarbrucken area. Lived to nearly 92.