Community
Search
Notices
RC Tanks Discuss all aspects of rc tank building and driving here!

New MFU Found on Taobao

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-2020, 12:15 AM
Enzo_K

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts
Default New MFU Found on Taobao

I was browsing the thread about the Henglong 6.0 IR battling review. I mentioned a new MFU(to me) found on Taobao recently, which claims to have the same Henglong 6.0 IR battle system.

Figure folks might be interested about it. So here I am.
I was looking for some accessories for my Ferdinand on eBay, then a listing of this MFU pop out. I traced it down to Taobao. Here is the product link.
https://item.taobao.com/item.htm?spm...d=609210512689

I had a few words with their sales service team. They claim it uses the same Henglong 6.0 IR battling system. And the MFU itself is Henglong 6.0 tank "plug&play". Also with all Henglong 6.0 functions. But a better sound performance (to me). The price listing on Taobao is about 83 bucks.

You can see connections are pretty much the same as Henglong 6.0 MFU. You do have to buy a transmitter and receiver urself.

The reason I brought this up in the Henglong 6.0 IR battling system review thread is bcoz I thought folks have read that review could use what they've learned on this MFU as well. I know there are other MFUs out there compatible with Henglong tanks. But this one is only 83 bucks or so.

They also send me some video links of how the MFU performs on different tanks. I bookmarked one of them. This one is performing on a Panther chassis. You can also find a short video of Tiger firing on the product page above.
https://v.youku.com/v_show/id_XMTUxM...kuUgc_3.dtitle

I have no plans to upgrade any of my MFU right now. So I can't write a review about this MFU yet, I can only post the link here for people who are interested. This might worth a try for any of you outta there, looking for a low priced MFU. With all the Henglong 6.0 functions and better sound performance.

I've never heard about this MFU before. To me, it performs pretty well compare to Henglong 6.0 MFU(I am willing to pay that extra money just for its sound performance). If you been having this MFU for a while, you are very welcomed to share any information about it.
Old 04-14-2020, 12:28 AM
Enzo_K

I found more videos about this MFU's sounds on other tanks. I think this one is for Ferdinand.
https://v.youku.com/v_show/id_XMzMwM...!2~5!2~5~5!4~A
On this page, you can find a playlist to the right. More videos about this MFU's different sounds on that list.

Last edited by Enzo_K; 04-14-2020 at 12:35 AM.
Old 04-14-2020, 12:46 AM
Rad_Schuhart

Received 55 Likes on 38 Posts

Thanks for posting this! This is not the first time I see boards from that brand, but for some reason they are very dark outside china. The posibility of using your own radio makes a very interesting and affordable option, much better than getting any board from heng long or tamiya. And you can use an external sound board like benedini or so for having better sounds and user sounds like the tank commander and so on. Have you noticed the smoke goes through the barrel too? that is amazing!

Thanks for taking the time sharing this with us
Old 04-14-2020, 01:50 AM
Enzo_K

Originally Posted by Rad_Schuhart
Thanks for posting this! This is not the first time I see boards from that brand, but for some reason they are very dark outside china. The posibility of using your own radio makes a very interesting and affordable option, much better than getting any board from heng long or tamiya. And you can use an external sound board like benedini or so for having better sounds and user sounds like the tank commander and so on. Have you noticed the smoke goes through the barrel too? that is amazing!

Thanks for taking the time sharing this with us
They don't have any English instruction for me so far. That might be the reason Y they are dark outside China?
I have not tried an external soundboard yet. I may have to take a deeper look into that.
And yes I noticed there is smoke coming out the barrel when firing. That video caught my eyes immediately when I first saw it.
Old 04-14-2020, 03:12 AM
Wozwasnt

I found this on another forum from 2017-

https://www.rctankwarfare.co.uk/foru...?f=182&t=22888

"they are not quite reliable enough to be sold to the West"
Old 04-14-2020, 05:19 AM
herrmill

Received 63 Likes on 47 Posts

Folks, I'm not familiar with this board so reached out to some of my local friends who build their own tanks to ask their opinions. These can be boiled down to the following:

1. It's a copy & still more expensive than the Canshuo - HL's local name - control board.
2. The board is no longer in production & has been discontinued.
3. Don't expect much in the way of after sales support.

Most here, including those running large scale tanks, use either Canshuo or Clark boards. Very few appear to have the Weihung board & most are for 1/35 scale conversions.

As they say, caveat emptor.

Last edited by herrmill; 04-14-2020 at 05:24 AM.
Old 04-14-2020, 10:23 AM
heavyaslead

Received 36 Likes on 25 Posts

Thanks for that info Herrmill

BTW You or any of your contacts know how to get hold of a TK-6.1S unit by itself?
Old 04-14-2020, 04:43 PM
herrmill

Anytime!

Re the TK-6.1S, easy to find on Aliexpress https://www.aliexpress.com/i/4000174602736.html . BangGood as well.

If you want to go Taobao, here is the link to HL's store https://item.taobao.com/item.htm?spm...83&ns=1#detail

Last edited by herrmill; 04-14-2020 at 04:55 PM.
Old 04-14-2020, 05:15 PM
Enzo_K

Originally Posted by herrmill
Folks, I'm not familiar with this board so reached out to some of my local friends who build their own tanks to ask their opinions. These can be boiled down to the following:

1. It's a copy & still more expensive than the Canshuo - HL's local name - control board.

Most here, including those running large scale tanks, use either Canshuo or Clark boards. Very few appear to have the Weihung board & most are for 1/35 scale conversions.

The vendor told me they do have all Items in stock last time I check(less than 2 months ago). And all connections look pretty easy to me, not much of after-sales support I need tech-wise(If it broke down, that'd be another story). So someone might give it a shot.

I'm ok if it's just a copy version of the HL board, as long as it provides that better sound experience. And I hope Henglong can take a step further to mean max their sound performance. Coz if this board is just a copy of their TK6.0 series but a better sound. I'm still willing to pay that extra money.

Hopefully, this board on the market pushes Henglong to improve their TK6.0 series. They already did a great job on their TK6.0 series boards. But having that low-quality sound just makes it feel like a 99% finished product.

By all means, I am no IT pro, but I don't think adding that better sound is a very hard task for Henglong. Correct me if I got this wrong.
Old 04-14-2020, 05:16 PM
Enzo_K

Anytime!

Re the TK-6.1S, easy to find on Aliexpress https://www.aliexpress.com/i/4000174602736.html . BangGood as well.

If you want to go Taobao, here is the link to HL's store https://item.taobao.com/item.htm?spm...83&ns=1#detail
And thanks for the links, I might get more of these 6.1s boards for my future projects.
Old 04-14-2020, 05:22 PM
herrmill

Sure thing. Just wanted to let you know what the local tankers had to say. Again, am not familiar with them &, personally, use only Clark boards.

Last edited by herrmill; 04-14-2020 at 05:46 PM.
Old 04-14-2020, 06:11 PM
BcuriousR

Received 26 Likes on 15 Posts

Slight highjack/tangent..... Can the 6.1 be bound to an existing 6.0 transmitter? Can I buy a 6.1 to replace a 6.0? I use IBU2U boards but would like to experiment with the servo outputs on the 6.1.
Old 04-14-2020, 06:50 PM
Fsttanks

Received 251 Likes on 148 Posts

Originally Posted by BcuriousR
Slight highjack/tangent..... Can the 6.1 be bound to an existing 6.0 transmitter? Can I buy a 6.1 to replace a 6.0? I use IBU2U boards but would like to experiment with the servo outputs on the 6.1.
Yes.
Old 04-19-2020, 07:00 AM
heavyaslead

Anytime!

Well looks like its no longer available on Ali when go to their order page
And the link on taobao has the 6.0, 6.1 and 6.1s all shown (in Chinese) so don't know which one will really get?
Old 04-19-2020, 07:51 AM
Fsttanks

Received 251 Likes on 148 Posts

Originally Posted by heavyaslead
Well looks like its no longer available on Ali when go to their order page
And the link on taobao has the 6.0, 6.1 and 6.1s all shown (in Chinese) so don't know which one will really get?
They can also be found on EBay.
Old 04-20-2020, 04:23 AM
heavyaslead

Can any HL radio bind to these HL MFU' despite the version?
Or do you need to get the radio and unit together?
Old 04-20-2020, 07:10 AM
Crius

Received 313 Likes on 259 Posts

It has to at least be the same version. A 5.3 version TX will not bind to a 6.0 RX.
Old 04-21-2020, 02:29 AM
heavyaslead

Thought so, well Ebay does have the MFU but not the paired radio
Old 04-21-2020, 02:54 AM
Enzo_K

Originally Posted by heavyaslead
Thought so, well Ebay does have the MFU but not the paired radio
U can pair any Henglong 6.0 radios to any 6.0 series boards, including 6.0, 6.0s and 6.1s. I think it is to keep pressing the "lock" button (the one you turn your tank on when paired) before and while you turn on the tank power.

One of my radio just broke coz my dog stepped on one of the sticks. Ordered another one from eBay. This one ship to my place within 4 days.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/US-Stock-He...72.m2749.l2649
Old 04-25-2020, 12:19 AM
Longsheep

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

It is the WH control board. It has been around for years (well before HL 6.0) and I have been using one on my Leopard 2 since 2017. We avoided talking about it on international forums because it isn't exactly ready yet.
There has in fact been talks that HL 6.0 was inspired by it - many see it has a combination of features from several existing boards. The store you linked to is a distributor and the manufacturer used to have a TB store too.

DKLM RC will be selling it overseas once the improvements to the board is done. Currently Carson thinks it is not yet reliable enough for international customers with some bugs and the English version of manual is still going through proofreading. The setting up process is quite tricky and you would need the manual for it.

The main appeals to this board are its reliability and power. Mine has never required any sort of repair and I go full throttle with it often. I won't do the same to my Clark TK60 as it would heat up quickly, WH doesn't.
It has high A output to the motors and powerful dual amp for 2 speakers. It is the loudest board without external amp by far. I exceeds most boards in sound at around 70% volume. You get all the common features - gun flash, gun stabilizer, gun evade engine deck sensor, multiple servos support and stuff. The battle system was planned to be compatible with both Tamiya and new HL, but it is still in the works, It can battle with Tamiya sensor but with some bugs.

Overall it is my favorite board but sound is more limited. It can operate from 4 to 7 channels according to your preference but I suggest 7CH or more. With 10CH you get extra CH for additional stuff.

Last edited by Longsheep; 04-25-2020 at 12:21 AM.
The following users liked this post:
Enzo_K (04-25-2020)
Old 04-25-2020, 06:03 AM
Enzo_K

Originally Posted by Longsheep
It is the WH control board. It has been around for years (well before HL 6.0) and I have been using one on my Leopard 2 since 2017. We avoided talking about it on international forums because it isn't exactly ready yet.
There has in fact been talks that HL 6.0 was inspired by it - many see it has a combination of features from several existing boards. The store you linked to is a distributor and the manufacturer used to have a TB store too.

DKLM RC will be selling it overseas once the improvements to the board is done. Currently Carson thinks it is not yet reliable enough for international customers with some bugs and the English version of manual is still going through proofreading. The setting up process is quite tricky and you would need the manual for it.

The main appeals to this board are its reliability and power. Mine has never required any sort of repair and I go full throttle with it often. I won't do the same to my Clark TK60 as it would heat up quickly, WH doesn't.
It has high A output to the motors and powerful dual amp for 2 speakers. It is the loudest board without external amp by far. I exceeds most boards in sound at around 70% volume. You get all the common features - gun flash, gun stabilizer, gun evade engine deck sensor, multiple servos support and stuff. The battle system was planned to be compatible with both Tamiya and new HL, but it is still in the works, It can battle with Tamiya sensor but with some bugs.

Overall it is my favorite board but sound is more limited. It can operate from 4 to 7 channels according to your preference but I suggest 7CH or more. With 10CH you get extra CH for additional stuff.
Nice! Thank you for your input.

Glad to see who actually has it give us some information. I can tell this WH board is somehow related to Henglong 6.0 by just looking at those connections they look very similar to each other. Turned out it was Henglong learning from WH. lol, No wonder I see some videos around since 2013, way earlier than any Henglong 6.0 boards.

I had a Clark board on my Stug3, and it burned out on a summer day after about 5 minutes of running(full throttle a lot). I never thought it would be a common issue for Clark boards. Good thing you raised this problem up here. Coz I was thinking of getting a Clark board for my PZ 38t. In this case, I will try one of the WH boards for my PZ 38t.

Hope they have it ready for the US market soon.
Old 04-25-2020, 06:08 AM
Enzo_K

And looks like we were wrong about WH copying from Henglong 6.0. The WH has been around many years, I saw some videos that were published in 2013. Which is way earlier than any Henglong 6.0 boards.

Credit for the WH manufacturer.

Last edited by Enzo_K; 04-25-2020 at 06:12 AM.
Old 04-25-2020, 06:56 AM
Longsheep

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Enzo_K
Nice! Thank you for your input.

Glad to see who actually has it give us some information. I can tell this WH board is somehow related to Henglong 6.0 by just looking at those connections they look very similar to each other. Turned out it was Henglong learning from WH. lol, No wonder I see some videos around since 2013, way earlier than any Henglong 6.0 boards.

I had a Clark board on my Stug3, and it burned out on a summer day after about 5 minutes of running(full throttle a lot). I never thought it would be a common issue for Clark boards. Good thing you raised this problem up here. Coz I was thinking of getting a Clark board for my PZ 38t. In this case, I will try one of the WH boards for my PZ 38t.

Hope they have it ready for the US market soon.
Yep. WH stands for Wei Heng, named after its the owner. Even in China where there are several indie board makers, WH is one of the smaller ones. His doesn't keep stock for all boards and often are make to order.

HL is known to "borrow" designs from successful products since the beginning (it started by copying Mauri 1/25 tanks 20 years ago).
Its dual-clutch gearbox design copies the design of DKLM gearbox, whose original designer uploaded the drawings and made it free for DIY. HL full metal gearbox is inspired by both ETO and CS's design and such.
I do think HL has since licensed the entire line of CS (maker of CS-TK16 board) parts, which makes the cast metal coil, rotation gearbox and more for HL most premium tanks. They are pretty good although still one level below DKLM's in both finishing quality and price. DKLM sells some CS products too, like the full metal chassis for Leo2.

I own two Clark boards and have shipped them back for repair for 5 times. Sure some times were to my blame, but with WH or Tamiya the board has protection mechanism when if I do wrong. The TK60 on my Centurion is great but for peace of mind I would go with WH. It is a little big to fit in PZ 38t though.
You can probably order it from DKLM by asking directly. The manual is already partially translated just not ready for mass retail yet.

I haven't taken many videos for my Leo2, this one is 2 years ago but you can feel the powerful sound and movement of the WH. It is running on a 20-25 degree slope.

Last edited by Longsheep; 04-25-2020 at 07:02 AM.
The following users liked this post:
Enzo_K (04-25-2020)
Old 04-25-2020, 02:10 PM
Enzo_K

Yep. WH stands for Wei Heng, named after its the owner. Even in China where there are several indie board makers, WH is one of the smaller ones. His doesn't keep stock for all boards and often are make to order.

HL is known to "borrow" designs from successful products since the beginning (it started by copying Mauri 1/25 tanks 20 years ago).
Its dual-clutch gearbox design copies the design of DKLM gearbox, whose original designer uploaded the drawings and made it free for DIY. HL full metal gearbox is inspired by both ETO and CS's design and such.
I do think HL has since licensed the entire line of CS (maker of CS-TK16 board) parts, which makes the cast metal coil, rotation gearbox and more for HL most premium tanks. They are pretty good although still one level below DKLM's in both finishing quality and price. DKLM sells some CS products too, like the full metal chassis for Leo2.

I own two Clark boards and have shipped them back for repair for 5 times. Sure some times were to my blame, but with WH or Tamiya the board has protection mechanism when if I do wrong. The TK60 on my Centurion is great but for peace of mind I would go with WH. It is a little big to fit in PZ 38t though.
You can probably order it from DKLM by asking directly. The manual is already partially translated just not ready for mass retail yet.

I haven't taken many videos for my Leo2, this one is 2 years ago but you can feel the powerful sound and movement of the WH. It is running on a 20-25 degree slope.
https://youtu.be/bt4450s_Ap8
I will have to check the exact dimensions for the 38T when I assemble its hull. But I think there will be enough room for the WH board, I found it at 87mm*60mm*24mm on their website. Thanks for bringing this up though.
I enjoy the Henglong 6.0 boards so far, I just wish they could improve the sound performance. Before they do that, and according to your experience with WH board, I think WH board would be the best value board with decent sounds on the market now.
Nicely done with the Leo2 BTW.
Old 04-25-2020, 02:15 PM
Enzo_K

https://youtu.be/bt4450s_Ap8
Just measured the PZ38t hull, it's well over 80mm wide. So I should have enough room to place the WH board along the hull.