Community
Search
Notices
RC Tanks Discuss all aspects of rc tank building and driving here!

Panzerketten forum

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-2020, 05:08 PM
Tanque

Received 95 Likes on 82 Posts
Default Panzerketten forum

Panzerketten forum has been down for some months now. Anyone know what happened? It
doesn't appear to have moved or made the transition to Facebook as some others have.

It's a shame to have lost it as there were some interesting threads out there.

Jerry
Old 06-20-2020, 07:56 PM
sevoblast

Received 54 Likes on 40 Posts

If I remember correctly that's HennTec. Henn is fine, and I'll ask him about the forum.
Old 06-20-2020, 10:11 PM
Rad_Schuhart

Received 55 Likes on 38 Posts

As far as I know, the forum software was so obsolete that it stopped working. They refused to update the software for decades, and that is what happens.
I tried to register myself for YEARS and I could never do it because that software did not accept any of my or my wife´s emails. Is a pity, but they could have tried updating to something more modern.
Old 06-20-2020, 10:24 PM
sve1976

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

rc-panzerketten-forum.eu has an SQL error when entering from mainpage, bit weird it says .com on the top of the page.
the other is gone. from what I could find it might have something to do with the new privacy laws in Europe and people just not bothered with going tru signing up again .
Found quite a few forums that suffer from activity over here, makes googling quite a pain as it wil give links to searches that end up nowhere.

Stefan

Old 06-20-2020, 10:55 PM
Tanque

Received 95 Likes on 82 Posts

Originally Posted by Rad_Schuhart
As far as I know, the forum software was so obsolete that it stopped working. They refused to update the software for decades, and that is what happens.
I tried to register myself for YEARS and I could never do it because that software did not accept any of my or my wife´s emails. Is a pity, but they could have tried updating to something more modern.
Originally Posted by sve1976
rc-panzerketten-forum.eu has an SQL error when entering from mainpage, bit weird it says .com on the top of the page.
the other is gone. from what I could find it might have something to do with the new privacy laws in Europe and people just not bothered with going tru signing up again .
Found quite a few forums that suffer from activity over here, makes googling quite a pain as it wil give links to searches that end up nowhere.

Stefan

Yep, I agree sadly. I had my id go bad multiple times on that forum. I couldn't log in and when I tried to re-register it told me my email ID was already in use. One did get a feeling that the forum was a bit decrepit. I used to respond to and post a fair amount on 1/10 scale subjects, I'm sure I offended many with my poor German skills but it was an enjoyable forum which I'll miss...a lot of good information from knowledgeable modelers lost.

Jerry
Old 06-21-2020, 01:23 AM
rgburrill

Received 76 Likes on 67 Posts

Makes you wonder what is being hidden in the new software that doesn't make it downward compatible with old software.
Old 06-21-2020, 06:13 AM
Crius

Received 313 Likes on 259 Posts

Originally Posted by rgburrill
Makes you wonder what is being hidden in the new software that doesn't make it downward compatible with old software.
Good question. The last time they did a software update we lost quite a bit, including everything that had been posted in the tank classified section. I wonder how much other stuff we lost during an update that I still don't know about.