Community
Search
Notices
RC Tanks Discuss all aspects of rc tank building and driving here!

Open Panzer vs IBU2U

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-2020, 02:00 PM
LasvoochTheTiger1Ace

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Talking Open Panzer vs IBU2U

Ok guys, I created this thread for all of you guys who are fans of the IBU2U and the Open Panzer to battle these two boards. I know nothing of how these boards preform (I am such a noob!) and I also know that many other new tankers do not either. The rules? Name the good about your tank pcb, IBU2U or Open Panzer, and find the faults in the other tank pcb. Get ready, this is about to get cheesy!

In this corner, weighing in at 33.4 grams, dubbed the best pcb for tank controlling, the Open Panzer!
In the other corner, weighing in at ?, the challenger, the rookie on the market, the board that (supposedly) is the new to replace the old, the IBU2 Ultimate!
Shake hands gentlemen, FIGHT! (Please remember that this is for learning purposes so do not get butt-hurt if one side beats the other, and there will be a winner! Winner will face another board and so will the loser.)

Before any of you ask what mental health state I am in, let me just say that I am trying to find a new way to compare tank pcb's and pass time in quarantine. Maybe put a few smiles on the your guy's faces. (I know that this has been a tough time for all of us, so let's just stay positive and run this virus over with a Mack truck!)
Old 07-09-2020, 02:12 PM
BcuriousR

Received 26 Likes on 15 Posts

If I'm correct, the Open Panzer has been discontinued. The IBU2U is far from new.....It has been around for a long while. I use mostly IBU boards and love the sound sets. Mostly plug and play for Older HL and Taigen tanks, with the versatility to run servos and such. It is pretty large and harder to squeeze into smaller tanks. Im looking at my IBU sound files right now......It has 41 different sound sets with the ability to add your own sound files. I've also mixed and matched different guns, engines, etc. to create my own tank set, (ie. M36).
Old 07-09-2020, 02:30 PM
LasvoochTheTiger1Ace

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I know that it is not new, I just added it to make it sound cool. There is always a rookie and an old dude. You are right, the open panzer is discontinued, which is why only true fans would pay the 100 to 150 USD to get a more fabricated and made for their tanks. I am just being an idiot.
Old 07-09-2020, 06:27 PM
BcuriousR

Received 26 Likes on 15 Posts

I was just playing along. Never got the nerve to order the Open Panzer board when it was cheap. I just couldn't wrap my head around the things I was going to have to do to make it work. I do enjoy learning new things, so I do wish I had one laying around to play with.
Old 07-10-2020, 12:34 PM
Michal_Kaczorowski

Received 55 Likes on 43 Posts

I have them both and and from them I choose Elmod xD I use IBU2 in my Jagdtiger and Open Panzer in my Oddball's Sherman.

IBU2 pros: easy to setup using SD card; plug and play with Heng Lond and Taigen; great sound, good if you want basic tank operation
cons: limited configurability

Open Panzer pros: great flexibility, control over everything
cons: need sound card (in my case TBS Mini) and additional ESC, not plug and play (i.e need rewiring Taigens mechanical recoil), not available anymore anywhere

I've bought OP very cheap on sale with Oddball's Sherman in mind, mainly to put many songs and have realistic movement

Last edited by Michal_Kaczorowski; 07-10-2020 at 12:35 PM. Reason: link
Old 07-10-2020, 01:11 PM
Tankster

Received 22 Likes on 18 Posts

Okay, since somebody mentioned the Elmod board I will add that if I ever get another rc tank it will be running an Elmod. The Elmod Fusion Pro in my Tiger1 has broadened my hobby horizons dramatically. The board is almost a hobby by itself.
Now back to our regularly scheduled program.
Old 07-10-2020, 06:40 PM
bowlman

Received 85 Likes on 69 Posts

Yes you should add Elmod to this as well and now with the new LegoDEI Battle IR Reciever for Tamiya and HL you can get on Esy the need of the big Battle apple from Elmod can be replaced just like Tamiyas can .
Thanks
Jimmy