Community
Search
Notices
RC Tanks Discuss all aspects of rc tank building and driving here!

WCP 1/16 Willys Jeep

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2021, 02:34 AM
Will01Capri

Received 66 Likes on 44 Posts
Default WCP 1/16 Willys Jeep

Another little model put together. This was put together for my wife Catherine as she wanted me to design some Allied vehicles and has always like the Willys Jeeps
Full RC 4wd with dual motors and leaf sprung suspension
Was a tricky little build, but i think it is going to look great once it is cleaned up and painted

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	zRDALHd.jpg
Views:	36
Size:	1.08 MB
ID:	2269339   Click image for larger version

Name:	swZFAZ8.jpg
Views:	38
Size:	1.00 MB
ID:	2269340  
Old 02-16-2021, 03:03 AM
Will01Capri

Size comparison time!
German 105 Light Field Howitzer parked next to WIllys Jeep, both 1/16 scale!
This jeep is tiny

Click image for larger version

Name:	M6mcyjX.jpg
Views:	43
Size:	121.8 KB
ID:	2269387
Now just need to print the high resolution clean version and get it in paint to show off just how great this thing looks.

3 in build now in different variants.
Old 02-16-2021, 04:46 AM
Michal_Kaczorowski

Received 55 Likes on 43 Posts

Will STL be available somewhere for sale?
Old 02-16-2021, 05:15 AM
Crius

Received 313 Likes on 259 Posts

Will and his wife are trying to make a go at an RC business with these things, so they don't offer STL files. But I've seen quite a few of his projects and future projects and the man does excellent work. If you receive a vehicle from will it will be fully assembled and ready for paint, and he pays attention to the little details. I'm already on the waiting list for one of his jeeps, an 88 mm flak gun and a 251. I can't wait until he gets started on the famo.
The following users liked this post:
Will01Capri (02-16-2021)
Old 02-16-2021, 05:41 AM
Will01Capri

Hi Guys
Unfortunately for others, no the stl files will not be available as Crius mentions. We are trying to make a small business out of providing models which are not available anywhere else and we spend alot of time designing these models how we want them.
I like to think we keep the prices as low as we can so they are affordable. Sometimes it is not possible but thats life as we don't have the buying power of these large RC manufacturers.
I am not actually sure if anyone is offering a 1/16 Willys Jeep anywhere in the market, but i know with the Kubelwagen we did, no one was providing a vehicle with working front and rear suspension, so it was limited in operation, however we solved that with our model and it works out considerably cheaper than any of the competition.

Last edited by Will01Capri; 02-17-2021 at 02:32 AM.
Old 02-16-2021, 05:55 AM
Michal_Kaczorowski

Received 55 Likes on 43 Posts

OK. Thanks for the info.
Old 02-16-2021, 09:28 AM
jarndice

Received 64 Likes on 60 Posts

Yet another tour de force Will,
I have until recently stayed with WW2 armour but I have just bought a Heng Long Abrams and I shall soon be searching out a Challenger, What would look nice in such company would be a 1/16 r/c Land Rover Defender,
I looked on the web and r/c Landies are on sale in many scales and some at outrageous prices but apart from a rather crude "Bruder" version there is nothing in 1/16,
So Will how about a 1/16 r/c Long/Short Wheelbase Land Rover with a canvas tilt to complement modern allied armour?
The following users liked this post:
Will01Capri (02-16-2021)
Old 02-16-2021, 02:28 PM
Will01Capri

Originally Posted by jarndice
Yet another tour de force Will,
I have until recently stayed with WW2 armour but I have just bought a Heng Long Abrams and I shall soon be searching out a Challenger, What would look nice in such company would be a 1/16 r/c Land Rover Defender,
I looked on the web and r/c Landies are on sale in many scales and some at outrageous prices but apart from a rather crude "Bruder" version there is nothing in 1/16,
So Will how about a 1/16 r/c Long/Short Wheelbase Land Rover with a canvas tilt to complement modern allied armour?
something like a series 2 or series3?
Short 88 would be cool. Maybe have to have a think and add to the dream list
Old 02-16-2021, 05:51 PM
LosTxSouL94

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

careful about selling anything that looks like a Jeep. if they catch wind of it, they may send a C&D. they have seem to have done it recently to ROC Hobby with their 1/6 scale and they definitely have done it to other toy manufacturers in the past.
Old 02-17-2021, 02:36 AM
Will01Capri

Originally Posted by LosTxSouL94
careful about selling anything that looks like a Jeep. if they catch wind of it, they may send a C&D. they have seem to have done it recently to ROC Hobby with their 1/6 scale and they definitely have done it to other toy manufacturers in the past.
This is a good and safe point to make.
I will take this seriously and will update this thread accordingly.
If this means i don't advertise the model for sale, then unfortunately that is the way it has to be, but it is certainly not going to stop me making my own models for my own collection.
I will make this clear at this time, this model is not advertised by us and we are only in the development stage of the model for our own usage.
C&D i am assuming is construction & demolition? That would be a right shame, but certainly i wouldn't want others to fall foul of this. But that's a giant shame if scale RC models are not allowed of such an icon
Old 02-17-2021, 03:03 AM
jarndice

Received 64 Likes on 60 Posts

Originally Posted by Will01Capri
C&D i am assuming is construction & demolition? That would be a right shame, but certainly i wouldn't want others to fall foul of this. But that's a giant shame if scale RC models are not allowed of such an icon
"Cease and Desist" and it has been used in some very famous cases.
Old 02-17-2021, 04:15 AM
Crius

Received 313 Likes on 259 Posts

Sometimes a C&D is answered with a different kind of C&D that stands for, Chinese & Don't care. They can be pretty flagrant about copyright infringement, it's almost like they're daring you to do something about it.
Old 02-17-2021, 04:24 AM
Will01Capri

Ok Guys, looking into this, its simple, i am closing this thread. You may see another one that shows a 1/16 allied troop car instead with some subtle modifications so it is my own depiction of a famous and popular allied vehicle and get back to the main point of creating our very own fully working and RC model
IF A MODERATOR COMES ACROSS THIS THREAD, PLEASE CLOSE AND DELETE THIS THREAD

Last edited by Will01Capri; 02-17-2021 at 04:34 AM.
Old 02-17-2021, 05:00 AM
Pah co chu puk

Received 143 Likes on 93 Posts

I saw nothing. I heard nothing. I know nothing. (Sgt. Shultz)