Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Tanks
Reload this Page >

Off topic - For your scale Army Corps of Engineers

Community
Search
Notices
RC Tanks Discuss all aspects of rc tank building and driving here!

Off topic - For your scale Army Corps of Engineers

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2021, 09:42 AM
Tanque

Received 95 Likes on 82 Posts
Default Off topic - For your scale Army Corps of Engineers

Impressive model. In support of your Engineering Corps.
Excavator

Jerry
Old 02-20-2021, 03:20 PM
Crius

Received 313 Likes on 259 Posts

Very cool, Jerry, and incredible detail, but that price, 20,000 what? If it's US Dollars I'll be flummoxed.
Old 02-20-2021, 03:29 PM
Crius

Received 313 Likes on 259 Posts

And I was poking about at your webpage ... that hetzer tranny is fascinating. And it looks like you have some nice machining equipment. I believe I'm using that same tool post on my lathe at work (a leblonde). It's probably a good thing we're so far apart, I'd want to come over and help whenever I got the chance and you'd soon become bored with me.
Old 02-20-2021, 04:04 PM
Tanque

Received 95 Likes on 82 Posts

Originally Posted by Crius
And I was poking about at your webpage ... that hetzer tranny is fascinating. And it looks like you have some nice machining equipment. I believe I'm using that same tool post on my lathe at work (a leblonde). It's probably a good thing we're so far apart, I'd want to come over and help whenever I got the chance and you'd soon become bored with me.
The tool post on my one machine is an Aloris clone. Siiiiigh when I saw the name LeBlond in your reply it made me sad...
I had an old but excellent condition LeBlond 19 x70 made in 1942. I called LeBlond when I got it and they still could tell me when it left
their factory and that I could still get parts for it should I need anything! Sadly I had to sell it and a Bridgeport mill ( the only Bridgeport
I've ever seen on rollers- I could move it in my garage- in a straight line...) when I sold the home years back as I just didn't have space here where I hang my hat - I also couldn't find a way to move them. The lathe alone weighed a lot. When I'd originally purchased the incredible pile of stuff ( 6 pallets of tooling came with them) along with those machines the guy I bought it from had his crew move over to my house for free - a deal I couldn't and wasn't equipped to pass up...

Siiiiigh just a memwee now...

Jerry