Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Tanks
Reload this Page >

A sticky thread as classified section?

Community
Search
Notices
RC Tanks Discuss all aspects of rc tank building and driving here!
View Poll Results: Would you like to see a sticky thread as RC tank classifieds?
Yes I would buy and sell things from a sticky thread
85.71%
No, I would not use a thread like that
14.29%
Voters: 21. You may not vote on this poll

A sticky thread as classified section?

Search this Thread

Old 10-13-2021, 08:23 AM
Crius

Received 313 Likes on 259 Posts
Default A sticky thread as classified section?

Ever since the last upgrade, the tank classified section has been pretty much useless. You can post something there but when you go back it doesn't show up in tank classified ads, it only shows up in the general for sale Section along with a zillion aircraft and crawlers. So we were thinking, if we were to start a thread, let's say titled "Member to Member", or something like that, and make it a sticky and allow people to buy and sell things among us on that thread, that might fix the problem. Of course, we have to get the moderators to go along with it, but I'm not even going to contact them unless I know that enough guys support this idea. Hence the Poll. So what do you guys think, if we had a sticky thread for selling things would you use it to buy or sell things related to RC tanks?
Old 10-13-2021, 10:15 AM
jarndice

Received 64 Likes on 60 Posts

It makes a lot of sense BUT it would be absolutely imperative that once a deal had been made that the seller CLOSED the entry.
Old 10-13-2021, 11:00 AM
Crius

That shouldn't be difficult, just post that the item has sold and things should be fine. I'll give the poll a couple days and then contact the powers that be.
Old 10-13-2021, 02:57 PM
RichJohnson

Received 374 Likes on 238 Posts

I would really like that or just fix the code so our classified section works.
Old 10-13-2021, 08:07 PM
Pcomm1.v2

Received 49 Likes on 36 Posts

“What Rich said!”

Nothing right now to sell, but always interested in websites that offer listings for selling/buying well modeled RC tanks and their related parts.

John
Old 10-15-2021, 05:31 AM
Pah co chu puk

Received 143 Likes on 93 Posts

Yup. I don't bother even looking at the classified section anymore. It's a waste of my time to look at 300 trucks and airplanes to try and find one tank to buy.

If we had our own subset in there it would be ok, but as it is, it's like having to look at every item Wall mart sells, before I can try and buy a toothbrush. When I want to buy a toothbrush, I don't want to look at pages and pages of washing machines and lawnmowers. Just pages and pages of toothbrushes.

Last edited by Pah co chu puk; 10-15-2021 at 05:32 AM. Reason: spelling
Old 10-17-2021, 06:17 PM
Crius

Well, this has been up for about a week now, and I'm thinking that if we're going to be successful at this, we're going to need more than 19 replies. I know we're a small community, but there's got to be more of us here than just that. For those of you that did respond to the Poll, thank you very much, I hope you'll go a step further and Bug your friends to also respond. If we want a sticky for classifieds, I think we'll have to have three or four times the number of responses we have now, at least. And yeah, I know the guy that started the thread is a jerk, but don't let that stop you from voting. This is for the benefit of all of us.

While we're on the subject, I've noticed that a lot of good members have disappeared and haven't been active here for quite some time. Guys like Rex and Brett and Jeff and many, many more that used to post here on a regular basis. Anybody have any ideas on how we can correct that? I seriously doubt that they've all been kidnapped by Filipinos, like Commander Bob.
Old 10-18-2021, 10:23 PM
Rad_Schuhart

Received 55 Likes on 38 Posts

Hi Crius, I have seen you long time ranting against the sales system, but honestly I don't know where is the issue. I mean, I enter in the tank sale section and I see no plane, no truck... well, actually now, at this very moment, no nothing. Some days ago there were some tank resin kits, and some weeks ago there were only some tanks.

I wonder if we are looking at different forum sections... Just for double checking, here is where I am looking right now: https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/mar...ks-3/tanks-m37

Are you looking somewhere else? Or maybe you have no filters selected?

Old 10-19-2021, 01:03 AM
Crius

That's the whole point, there's nothing there. I'm using the classified section at the top of the main menu, where it says, tank classifieds, and there's nothing there. There never is. If you post an ad there right now, and then go back in 10 minutes, it won't be there. That's the problem. All the tank ads get mixed in with all the other ads, whereas we used to have a separate section just for RC tanks. However, nowhere near enough guys have responded to the poll so I guess it's a moot point anyway. I knew we were a niche market but I didn't know we were so tiny. I guess I'll just shut up now. That's what I get for trying to help.
Old 10-19-2021, 02:36 AM
Rad_Schuhart

Originally Posted by Crius
That's the whole point, there's nothing there. I'm using the classified section at the top of the main menu, where it says, tank classifieds, and there's nothing there. There never is. If you post an ad there right now, and then go back in 10 minutes, it won't be there. That's the problem. All the tank ads get mixed in with all the other ads, whereas we used to have a separate section just for RC tanks. However, nowhere near enough guys have responded to the poll so I guess it's a moot point anyway. I knew we were a niche market but I didn't know we were so tiny. I guess I'll just shut up now. That's what I get for trying to help.
Uops, I had no idea the ads dissapeared themselves... I guess the thing is to discover if the adds dissapear themselves or just the things are sold. Try opening a test ad and lets see what happens... But anyway, in the last year I have never, ever seen any plane, truck, crawler or god knows what in that section. If you click in the link I gave you the filters will be already actived so you should only be seeing tank related stuff.
What I guess is just there are no ads because this forum is very inactive and mainly because there are loads of RC tanks facebook groups, with some of them dedicated only for trading...
Old 10-19-2021, 03:13 AM
Rad_Schuhart

Ok, for scientific purposes I just opened a fake sale. As you can see, so far, only my ad is there and no other toys. Lets see if it gets deleted or something...
Old 10-19-2021, 04:40 AM
Crius

Yes, your test ad does show up, so you must be doing something differently from what I did. The last time I posted a tank classified, it showed up in the regular classifieds but not in the tank section. And that was immediately after I posted it, it just wasn't there. However, like I said, it's a moot point. With only 21 responses to the poll I'm not going to waste any more time on this.