Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Tanks
Reload this Page >

Dragon, Spyker, FOA, Nicky 1/6 scale M4A1 76mm

Notices
RC Tanks Discuss all aspects of rc tank building and driving here!

Dragon, Spyker, FOA, Nicky 1/6 scale M4A1 76mm

Old 07-14-2022, 03:33 PM
Tankhobby

Received 36 Likes on 27 Posts

Had my first issue the other day. I lost my right drive, the tank would go forward and turn left but I could tell it was slipping when I tried to turn right. When I took it apart I saw that the right motor was working but the shaft was slipping on the small pully. This pully is press fitted onto the motor shaft and there are three set screws to hold it in place. When I disassembled it I noticed the set screws were not tightened down. Now this could be that I forgot or from the heat (the pully is 3D printed PLA+) they were pushed out. So I tightened them down, checked the other motor and it looked OK. So I'm back in business. If it happens again I will drill a hole through the pully and shaft and put in a steel or brass rod so it will not slip again.

I downloaded some tank commander figures from GCTRADER, scaled them up to 1/6 scale and printed the top halves. Painted and put them in the tank. I'll try and get some photos or videos this weekend. They look NICE!
The following users liked this post:
tankme (07-14-2022)
Old 07-15-2022, 09:50 AM
RC_BobM

Received 61 Likes on 55 Posts

Nick,
the set screws on those pulleys won't last long. I replaced them all with standard M3 socket head screws. But clamping onto the threaded output shafts of the motors is a problem. I filed small flats on the motor shafts which help some. I've changed all the Spyker pulleys over to .25" pitch chain sprockets.

I'd like to see those figures. I'd like to print some 1/6 scale figures for my tanks as well.
Bob
Old 07-15-2022, 03:17 PM
Tankhobby

Received 36 Likes on 27 Posts

Video of the figures.
I need to paint the inside of the hatches and redo the eyes on the figures, definitely need to redo the eyes. They were about 1/24 scale and I scaled up to 1/6 scale, in the slicer program cut off below the torso then split the upper torsos in half to print. Glued them together, a little Bondo and knife work for details then prime and paint!

The following users liked this post:
tankme (07-15-2022)
Old 07-17-2022, 11:29 AM
RC_BobM

Received 61 Likes on 55 Posts

Those look pretty good! You can always add more detail to the figures with clay and styrene!

Last edited by RC_BobM; 07-17-2022 at 11:31 AM.