Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Tanks
Reload this Page >

Heng long T-90 question/ idea

Community
Search
Notices
RC Tanks Discuss all aspects of rc tank building and driving here!

Heng long T-90 question/ idea

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2022, 11:34 AM
regsbyg

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Heng long T-90 question/ idea

Hello
just got a Heng Long T-90 which I am repainting and doing a bit of detail work. Very nice tank as compared to the original Tiger I got way back when( prior to a Tamiya Tiger). I noticed that there are two real big gaps under the hull where the turret gear traverse ring is visible. I figure a lot of dirt/dust will get up in there thrown as the track moves. Has anyone done a mod to seal off this area? Picture included. Maybe this isn’t a real issue, just me worrying.
thanks
Dave

Old 04-03-2022, 12:44 PM
tankme

Received 207 Likes on 169 Posts

I hadn't noticed this on my T-72, but all of my tanks get dirt in them. I just blow them out occasionally as none of them are completely sealed up. I don't run them in water so that isn't a concern of mine.
The following users liked this post:
regsbyg (04-03-2022)
Old 04-03-2022, 04:38 PM
Fsttanks

Received 251 Likes on 148 Posts

Originally Posted by regsbyg
Hello
just got a Heng Long T-90 which I am repainting and doing a bit of detail work. Very nice tank as compared to the original Tiger I got way back when( prior to a Tamiya Tiger). I noticed that there are two real big gaps under the hull where the turret gear traverse ring is visible. I figure a lot of dirt/dust will get up in there thrown as the track moves. Has anyone done a mod to seal off this area? Picture included. Maybe this isn’t a real issue, just me worrying.
thanks
Dave
It will get dusty and dirty inside the tank but none of it will effect the workings. I have been driving my T90s and T72s in desert sand and dust for a very long time and never has there been an issue.

But if the gap bothers you by all means cover it. It’s your tank after all and you have to be comfortable with how it is set up.
regsbyg (04-03-2022)
Old 04-04-2022, 04:14 AM
evan-RCU

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I open up mine every few hours for some reason and when I do I blow any grass or dirt out. It's never enough to worry about, not even close, maybe one blade of grass and a little dust in the corners. I have other tanks that seem more sealed that collect more debris.
regsbyg (04-04-2022)
Old 04-04-2022, 04:24 AM
Pavel Pankratov

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

The more holes, the less dirt, it just does not linger in the case ....
He made a sealed hull, a lot of effort and money, and as a result ... water got through the tower and made trouble, because. remained at the bottom of the tank .......
regsbyg (04-04-2022)
Old 04-04-2022, 03:16 PM
regsbyg

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks for the answers guys. Much appreciated
Dave