Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Tanks
Reload this Page >

Ural with flatbed trailer

Notices
RC Tanks Discuss all aspects of rc tank building and driving here!

Ural with flatbed trailer

Old 11-05-2023, 02:56 AM
Crius

Received 312 Likes on 258 Posts
Default Ural with flatbed trailer

Has anyone else checked these out yet?

https://www.banggood.com/WPL-B36-3-U...e=CN&ID=531930

I just ordered one. Naturally I'll do video when it gets here, just wondering if I'm the first or if someone else has already gotten one?

Last edited by Crius; 11-05-2023 at 03:01 AM.
Old 11-05-2023, 03:35 AM
tankme

Received 201 Likes on 163 Posts

Yes, others have been showing them off. Trailer is too narrow for a Pershing so no modern MBTs will fit either. Might be able to get a Sherman on it or something small.
Old 11-05-2023, 04:26 AM
Crius

The Sherman is what I had in mind, and I might even change the cab to something more WWII appropriate.
Old 11-06-2023, 08:16 AM
RC_BobM

Received 96 Likes on 75 Posts

Cool basis for M26 conversion! Doesn't look too hard to make the trailer a bit wider as well. Curious about the trucks pulling power?
Bob
Old 11-06-2023, 08:23 AM
Max-U52

Received 37 Likes on 27 Posts

I'll be using it mainly with an all plastic sherman. I've heard that it's too narrow for a pershing, but like you said, I might be able to widen it a little bit. As soon as it arrives I'll do a box opening video and we'll put her through her paces to see what she's all about. I'm also thinking about swapping the cab for the one that comes with the Q-60 since it looks more like a late 1930s chevy cab.

Will at WCP Models is making some really good looking trailers, but his price is 300 quid plus shipping to America and that's just way too rich for my blood. But if you have the money and want a good trailer I think it's probably one of the best out there.

Last edited by Max-U52; 11-06-2023 at 08:25 AM.
Old 11-06-2023, 11:34 AM
Pah co chu puk

Received 139 Likes on 90 Posts

The website says it's 14 cm wide. My Mato Sherman is 16.5 cm out to out at the tracks, so a Sherman may not fit without modifications. My halftrack is 12.5 cm wide and the CCKW is 14 cm wide...
Old 11-06-2023, 02:37 PM
tankme

Received 201 Likes on 163 Posts

Originally Posted by Max-U52
I'll be using it mainly with an all plastic sherman. I've heard that it's too narrow for a pershing, but like you said, I might be able to widen it a little bit.
I think Bob was referring to an M26 Pacific tank recovery vehicle conversion which is a wheeled vehicle and not an M26 Pershing. I really hate all the reuse of designation numbers across different military stuff.

Old 11-06-2023, 03:06 PM
Crius

Originally Posted by tankme
I think Bob was referring to an M26 Pacific tank recovery vehicle conversion which is a wheeled vehicle and not an M26 Pershing. I really hate all the reuse of designation numbers across different military stuff.
I'm aware of that, I was simply stating I don't think it will hold a Pershing. Probably not a JS-2, either, which is a good tank for weight testing, since it's one of my heaviest. I still have two of the bruder trailers if I want to build another tank hauler like the one I made for Erik. I even already have the truck and the fancy tires and rims.

I agree about the re-use of number designations, which is why I usually call the tank a pershing, so it's not confused with the truck M26.
The following users liked this post:
tankme (11-06-2023)
Old 11-25-2023, 12:56 PM
Crius

Banggood now has these for $99.99 but I don't know how long that will last. I imagine at least thru cyber Monday.

https://usa.banggood.com/WPL-B36-3-U...e=CN&ID=531930

Mine should be here this week. I'm still hoping to find the 1/6 jeep on sale again so I can build a rocket launcher jeep, but I'm runnin' out of time. If something doesn't pop up on cyber monday I may have to get one anyway. Amazon still has them for $329 with free shipping.
Old 11-27-2023, 06:09 PM
Crius

Here she is, kinda disappointed that it doesn't look like it will even hold a sherman or an M16 halftrack. The M35 truck fits good, though. I'll get more video this weekend.

Old 12-09-2023, 03:15 PM
Crius

Finally got around to a slightly more in-depth look at this truck and it has it's pros and cons. I guess my biggest complaint is the 4 pin battery connector. If anyone has experience with these connectors I'd really like to hear about it. I'm sure there's a way to make an adaptor to use a standard wpl battery, so if anyone has done that please speak up.

In the video I said it came from hobby king, but that's wrong, I got it from banggood. They have them right now for $100.99 US, plus free shipping. I paid $125 for mine, and some places will refund the difference if they drop the price within 30 days, but banggood ain't one of them.

https://usa.banggood.com/WPL-B36-3-U...e=CN&ID=531930

I see a lot of possibilities for this rig, and I do have a couple of bruder trailers so if I ever get to it I'll probably set up one of those and then I can run either or, but with so many projects ahead of it I'm not sure how long it will be. It would make a perfect excuse for building a D9 armored bulldozer, like ex pat tanker did such a great job on, but again, sooo many projects in line ahead of it. I think I'll just try to widen the trailer a bit, maybe swap out the cab, and run it with the all plastic HL Sherman. That was the original plan anyway, and that would at least justify the expense of buying it. Not like I need an excuse to buy more toys, but I think you know what I mean.

So here's the video, and if anyone has made a battery adapter for these four pin batteries please do post how you did it.

Old 12-10-2023, 02:57 PM
Crius

Figgered out what to haul around on the trailer, a few months ago I bought an E-1 and it turns out to be a perfect fit. A bit difficult to drive on and off the trailer, but practice will just give me one more excuse to play with it!