Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Tanks
Reload this Page >

Clark TK22 with FS Paladin EV

Community
Search
Notices
RC Tanks Discuss all aspects of rc tank building and driving here!

Clark TK22 with FS Paladin EV

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-2024, 08:35 AM
mx_599

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Clark TK22 with FS Paladin EV

Hello, trying to learn about tanks and think I made mistake by getting TK22. I think I sort of already know the answer to my question but wanted to double check here.

It would appear a lot of convoluted stick controls to fit everything in 4 channels on the TK22. For example, turret rotation (hold left gimbal right or left then use right gimbal to turn turret)

My main question is coordinating sound effects on channel reassignment on the Paladin EV? Is this possible? Or do I just scrap the TK22 for more advanced controller?

At first I was thinking I could just split the PWM signal to the TK22 to get the sound effect but power and signal from the Paladin side of things and perform operations. But then I realized that probably would not even work because the TK22 must be merging multiple PWM signals from the 4-channel gimbal inputs and then making the Turret sound. Correct?

Does that make sense? So probably no way to make use of TK22 on a transmitter like the Paladin utilizing numerous switch assignment possibilities?

Thanks!
The following users liked this post:
shakeel khan (03-14-2024)
Old 03-14-2024, 11:09 AM
Max-U52

Received 41 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by maillemaker
This response sounds like it was written by a bot.
Did you get the PM I sent you?
Old 03-14-2024, 11:48 AM
mx_599

Originally Posted by Max-U52
Did you get the PM I sent you?
Me?

No, I do not see any Private Messages.

Did my post make sense? I guess no easy way to trick sound effects on TK22 while better mapping controls out to a transmitter with more channels?
Old 03-14-2024, 08:12 PM
mx_599

What's going on with this thread and why have posts been deleted?
Old 03-14-2024, 08:21 PM
tankme

Received 207 Likes on 169 Posts

So, the TK22 uses standard 4-channel PWM control. The controls for turning LEDs on/off, MG, cannon firing, etc are using stick movements kinda the way Tamiya tanks do, but not the same movements for the functions. An SBus version of a Clark uses more switches to trigger things, but they aren't "programmable" to what switch does what. The are set in the programming. The programming can be modified for certain things, but not the switch assignments. If you want something really customizable you are going to have to look at something like a Beier board or one of Kim's MTCU board which is Open Panzer TCB based. I don't know if an Elmod or an IBU can do what you want as I don't use those boards myself, but the IBU is basically discontinued.
Old 03-14-2024, 11:43 PM
Rad_Schuhart

Received 55 Likes on 38 Posts

Originally Posted by tankme
So, the TK22 uses standard 4-channel PWM control. The controls for turning LEDs on/off, MG, cannon firing, etc are using stick movements kinda the way Tamiya tanks do, but not the same movements for the functions. An SBus version of a Clark uses more switches to trigger things, but they aren't "programmable" to what switch does what. The are set in the programming. The programming can be modified for certain things, but not the switch assignments. If you want something really customizable you are going to have to look at something like a Beier board or one of Kim's MTCU board which is Open Panzer TCB based. I don't know if an Elmod or an IBU can do what you want as I don't use those boards myself, but the IBU is basically discontinued.
This is not 100% correct. With a radio with open source software you can assign any switch of your choice with the function of your choice in any board of any brand, 100% absolute freedom of doing whatever you might wish, the way you want. That is the glorious thing of real true programmable radios with open source software.

Said that, I'd definitelly get rid of that clark board and get any of the other options you mentioned.
Old 03-15-2024, 01:25 AM
Max-U52

Originally Posted by mx_599
Me?

No, I do not see any Private Messages.

Did my post make sense? I guess no easy way to trick sound effects on TK22 while better mapping controls out to a transmitter with more channels?
No, mx, that was for maillemaker. I also noticed the missing posts. Not sure, but one of the moderators probably thought they were arguing or something. The mods don't pay a lot of attention to rc tanks so maybe he was just skimming through and got the wrong idea?

Anyway, welcome to the forum.
Old 03-15-2024, 06:55 PM
mx_599

Originally Posted by Rad_Schuhart
This is not 100% correct. With a radio with open source software you can assign any switch of your choice with the function of your choice in any board of any brand, 100% absolute freedom of doing whatever you might wish, the way you want. That is the glorious thing of real true programmable radios with open source software.

Said that, I'd definitelly get rid of that clark board and get any of the other options you mentioned.
What do you think of the Beier vs Elmod?

thanks
Old 03-15-2024, 11:21 PM
Rad_Schuhart

What do you think of the Beier vs Elmod?

thanks
Considering there is no way to fully remove the momentum/inertia in the elmod, that I dont IR battle, and the latest elmod is way worse than the previous one, I would get Beier with no doubt.
I wrote some honest reviews about some boards, including beier and elmod, you can read them all here: https://radindustries.wordpress.com/category/reviews/
Old 03-16-2024, 11:09 AM
mx_599

Considering there is no way to fully remove the momentum/inertia in the elmod, that I dont IR battle, and the latest elmod is way worse than the previous one, I would get Beier with no doubt.
I wrote some honest reviews about some boards, including beier and elmod, you can read them all here
Thanks a bunch, will read the review. Is that your website?

If I got a Beier, would I want the SFR-1-D or HL model? it is for a Mato tank

thanks

wow, my post was denied initially until I deleted your link. Flaw in the forum, mods should tell webmaster to fix it
Old 03-16-2024, 03:28 PM
Rad_Schuhart

Thanks a bunch, will read the review. Is that your website?

If I got a Beier, would I want the SFR-1-D or HL model? it is for a Mato tank

thanks

wow, my post was denied initially until I deleted your link. Flaw in the forum, mods should tell webmaster to fix it
Yes, that is my website. All written, pictured and built by me. I linked you the electronic reviews section but there are more.

Regarding the beier, I believe the HL is enough for all 1/16 tanks, unless you are interested in tamiya IR battle.
Old 03-16-2024, 04:06 PM
mx_599

Yes, that is my website. All written, pictured and built by me. I linked you the electronic reviews section but there are more.

Regarding the beier, I believe the HL is enough for all 1/16 tanks, unless you are interested in tamiya IR battle.
now my posts aren't being posted until moderator approval
wow
Old 03-16-2024, 04:08 PM
mx_599

I hope they post my other reply so I do not need to retype it
Old 03-17-2024, 06:07 AM
Max-U52

now my posts aren't being posted until moderator approval
wow
That's weird, I've never heard of them doing that before. Have you made any posts in any other threads? You haven't gotten into an argument with anyone, have you? From what little I've seen here you seem like a decent guy and I can't think of any reason they would single you out for that. I think the moderator that mainly monitors RC tanks is barracudahockey. Maybe you should send him a PM and ask him about it.

Go to the main menu and on page two you will find a thread titled, "Has anyone dealt with this ebay seller?" You will see his name as the person that made the last post in that thread so all you have to do is click on his name and you should get an option to visit his profile where you can click on send private message.

Last edited by Max-U52; 03-17-2024 at 06:11 AM.
Old 03-17-2024, 12:24 PM
mx_599

Originally Posted by Max-U52
That's weird, I've never heard of them doing that before. Have you made any posts in any other threads? You haven't gotten into an argument with anyone, have you? From what little I've seen here you seem like a decent guy and I can't think of any reason they would single you out for that. I think the moderator that mainly monitors RC tanks is barracudahockey. Maybe you should send him a PM and ask him about it.

Go to the main menu and on page two you will find a thread titled, "Has anyone dealt with this ebay seller?" You will see his name as the person that made the last post in that thread so all you have to do is click on his name and you should get an option to visit his profile where you can click on send private message.
No, nothing I did wrong. I think just bad luck in the algorithm of website and doubt mods can do anything. Thanks for pointing me direction of mod.

One thread blocked because I QUOTED someone with a link and I am not allowed to post links but the link wasn't mine! it was in the QUOTE!! so that is a flaw in the system. I had to go back and delete their link in their quote!

then I had a post that said needed moderator approval and they never did so I lost that message!

So then I retyped the message and PM 'ed it to Rad_Schuhart in this thread but have not heard back so maybe he doesn't get PMs?

then because I posted too many petty messages about not getting through...I could not post anymore in 24 hours because I posted more than 5 messages!! lol

I guess that is what I get for being a "complainer!"

lol

Do you know about this Kim controller? Is it well liked? Just as good as Beier? I have not heard back from Kim yet via email so maybe they do not sell it any longer?
Old 03-17-2024, 12:45 PM
Rad_Schuhart

Hey, I got your PM.

Kim, like me, is a one man army. Different time zones, weekend, family and life in general justify a delay in the answer. He still makes the board and the new batches have improvements. I believe it supports brushless motors now, among other minor things.

I think I have said all I had to say on my reviews, pros and cons of all boards are well written there... but yes, the sounds are good. Fun fact, the sherman and king tiger sounds in Kim's board are made by me, lol. But of course you are invited to create the sounds of your choice.