Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Tanks
Reload this Page >

Adjustment of Tamiya DMD Control Unit

Community
Search
Notices
RC Tanks Discuss all aspects of rc tank building and driving here!

Adjustment of Tamiya DMD Control Unit

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2006, 05:11 AM
AKMopar

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Adjustment of Tamiya DMD Control Unit

I am trying to complete the adjustment of the DMD control unit on my Tamiya Sherman, it doesn't seem to be happening for me. I am following the steps but when I finish and try to initiate the guns firing noises, nothing happens. Though, I was able to activate one of the machine guns firing sound but that has since disappeared. I am doing all of this prior to installing the unit inside the tank and hooking up the guns, turret, lights etc.... I am just taking it step by step as in the manual. The "alternate flashing..." lights the manual says to look for on the DMD unit flash way to fast for me to notice any change in pattern so I don't know if I am accomplishing anything when I move the transmitter sticks as directed in the manual. Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks for your time, I am lost here.

Jeremy
Old 04-15-2006, 07:33 AM
tomzag
Banned
My Feedback: (-1)

Default RE: Adjustment of Tamiya DMD Control Unit

Jeremy,
do not worry, it sounded no big problem.
first of all, what radio do you have?
if futaba, adjust the trim from 100% little by little until 90%, fire the guns every time you move the trim until you find the perfect spot for firing.

good luck
tom
Old 04-15-2006, 11:50 AM
AKMopar

Tom,

I do have a Futaba. When you say adjust the trims from 100%, do you mean move the trim (the ones directly by the stick or the ones below the sticks) all the way up (towards the top of the radio) then slowly move them down? Thanks for your help, it is much appreciated!!

Jeremy
Old 04-15-2006, 11:55 AM
tomzag
Banned
My Feedback: (-1)

yes, forgive my bad englsih.