Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Tanks
Reload this Page >

Heng Long M41 Walker Bulldog, I got one ..

Community
Search
Notices
RC Tanks Discuss all aspects of rc tank building and driving here!

Heng Long M41 Walker Bulldog, I got one ..

Search this Thread

Old 05-21-2006, 12:18 AM
Rathead123

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Heng Long M41 Walker Bulldog, I got one ..

Yes but which M41? Mato offers a smoke and sound version, but is that added? I E-mailed the vender of the "other m41 listed on E-bay, and he said no smoke and sound. I mean if its added, thats OK, but if the main model dosent come that way, you need to come clean. If you where a representitive of a company trying to sell these things, stuff like, "I cant say no more" and all, aint gonna cut it. There is enough "Monkey business" going on with these tanks anyway. Sorry to everyone on the forum, but I thought this needed to be said.
Old 05-21-2006, 02:06 AM
Walker Bulldog

Hi

I don't sell any tanks.
i'm really private.
But i have close friends in that Business, they said !QUOT!here is one for you to test!QUOT! but say nothing to other.
And I'm very exited to that, enthusiastic to.

Ok, i say nothing to other but offer pictures, is that ok?
Buy at your favorite reseller.

Yes, i know is bad English.
Old 05-21-2006, 12:35 PM
TINGRING

I saw the package is different.Mato offers the super version S&S M41 with white box(similar with S&S tiger and pershing).Others are black box.I contacted Mato yesterday and they said their M41 is the S&S version.I also notice the extra information in their ebay listing"The item would be shipped from MATO TOYS CHINA.Shipping Time: 5-8 days to Canada,United States,UK,Australia and Asia.If you are located in Canada and United states,you may order the item by June(around 10th) to get an up to 60% discount in the shipping charge when our Canada office has stocks available. "I feel safe to do business with them.So,i think i should wait.

http://cgi.ebay.com/NEW-RADIO-CONTRO...QQcmdZViewItem

http://www.matotoys.com/canada/produ...roducts_id=127

http://cgi.ebay.com/1-16-R-C-S-S-M41...QQcmdZViewItem
Old 05-21-2006, 11:45 PM
Rathead123

Walker Bulldog, Its fine that you have friends in the industry, and post pictures, all we ask is a more detailed review. If you cant give one thats o.k..It would be nice to learn more, before the vendors get them. Im wondering If its the early electronics, of the Pershing, and not the later ones, since it seems "smoke and sound" is added, by Mato. And yes Tingring I noticed the different color packages also. I just wonder how that thing is configured from Henlong?
Old 05-22-2006, 12:39 AM
TINGRING

Rathead123,i think maybe henglong has two versions for the M41 like the tiger and pershing.I mean the Smoke and Sound version and the non-Smoke and Sound version.Mato brings the S&S version and the other vendor brings the non-s&s version.
Old 05-24-2006, 02:08 PM
hpiguy

Nice looking machine.

I have the M26 and have been nothing but disappointed in it's mechanicals but it does look awesome. Makes me happy to see it sitting, but afraid that everytime I run her she will go up in a puff of circuit board smoke.

I want to buy this M41 and a Tiger, but I'm sure they are the same junk mechanically as the M26 is. [&o]
Old 07-01-2006, 02:02 AM
ksoc

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

TankZone has a detailed listing on this tank

http://www.tankzone.co.uk/cart/hl_m41a3.htm

I am a Tamiya driver, but wouldn't mind some variety in WW II tanks that could be converted to play with the Tamiyas. Panzer IV's, Panthers, M24 Chaffees........

Kevin O'C
<S.C.A.T.>
Old 07-27-2006, 06:04 PM
Walker Patton

I just received my Walkerbulldog....first R/C vehicle. Right outta the box I noticed the two rings(?) in the back were broken off in the box and the two in front of the lights were missing altogether. It's really no biggie, but I would obviously prefer it to be undamaged when I receive it. I bought this one BEFORE I read about the smoke & sound version. I may buy one of those if I enjoy this one enough.
Old 07-27-2006, 06:59 PM
Themadtanker

I can say, I will end up getting one of these M41s, it's like sweets on the table that you swore you were'nt going to eat!

But the first thing I'll do is rubbish can the electronics and replace them with Tamiya DMDs and may even put in two transfer cases and Tamiya Pershing gearboxes. Only because of its an M41 and when HL comes out with another 1/16 tank that Tamiya has not already made then I will do the same because HL is doing what Tamiya is failing to do and thats diversify the RC Tank market.

Yes crap electronics but the bodies are new and easy to refit. But let no one be fooled, these tanks in stock condition, are troublesome and problematic at best so if ya go HL you might need to upgrade to go the long haul.
Old 07-29-2006, 09:26 PM
Walker Patton

Does Hen Long have a website or email address???
Old 07-29-2006, 09:33 PM
Harquebus

No. Believe me we've looked for such. No luck so far. []

-Harq

ORIGINAL: Walker Patton

Does Hen Long have a website or email address???
Old 07-29-2006, 09:38 PM
Harquebus

So far, knock on wood, mine has given no problems and I think this is due to the new-generation Smoke & Sound versions. But to be fair, the motors and gearboxes I believe are pretty much fault-proof so those can remain in the tank.

I don't think it is cost-effective to fully gut the tank and substitute Tamiya "guts".
That would be kind of sacrilegious...

Congrats to HL for actually making a spearhead into the 1/16 RC tank realm. They are pretty innovative as far a subject matter goes.

-Harq

ORIGINAL: Themadtanker

I can say, I will end up getting one of these M41s, it's like sweets on the table that you swore you were'nt going to eat!

But the first thing I'll do is rubbish can the electronics and replace them with Tamiya DMDs and may even put in two transfer cases and Tamiya Pershing gearboxes. Only because of its an M41 and when HL comes out with another 1/16 tank that Tamiya has not already made then I will do the same because HL is doing what Tamiya is failing to do and thats diversify the RC Tank market.

Yes crap electronics but the bodies are new and easy to refit. But let no one be fooled, these tanks in stock condition, are troublesome and problematic at best so if ya go HL you might need to upgrade to go the long haul.
Old 07-30-2006, 03:30 AM
WhiteWolf McBride
My Feedback: (3)

Walker Patton:

Closest you'll get to a HL contact is Murphy Ma at Mato Toys in Canada (www.matotoys.com) The parent company is Shanou-Mato, one of the companies that makes/sells the HL tanks. Murphy also listens in on the Marui Tank Group on Yahoo, and is probably one of the reasons they changed the M41 design away from using a stock Pershing chassis.

And for the record, he's been the best at after-sales support for the Hen Long tanks, so far.
Old 07-30-2006, 04:03 AM
schutzstaffel

yes there is a factory direct email ,
but you have to buy in big volume(quantities) .
Old 07-30-2006, 10:40 AM
Walker Patton

Thanks, guys. I guess finding parts is out of the question. []
Old 07-30-2006, 11:00 AM
schutzstaffel

for parts , i go to mato toys , cheap and fast delevery.
Old 07-30-2006, 11:34 AM
swathdiver

ORIGINAL: Walker Patton

I bought this one BEFORE I read about the smoke & sound version. I may buy one of those if I enjoy this one enough.
While it's easy to find an excuse to buy another tank, you can easily upgrade yours to smoke and sound for about $45 or so. Mato sells the upgrade kits which once installed you'll experience a whole new tank. The sound is cool and the driveability light years better then the non-smoke tanks. Buy a spare board when you make your purchase. You could easily fry one if your not careful when soldering. All the boards (3) that I've had fail were due to my own doing. If you like the smoke generators, get one from the railroad guys, one of our members posted a link the other day. The HL smokers are notoriously unreliable, I've replaced every one in each tank at least once so far.
Old 11-17-2007, 12:58 PM
pattoncommander

The tracks on both the M-41 and M-26 are backwards. Looks brand new as there's a lot to do on it make it look like a '41. The tank is also way out of scale and much too big. The Century 21 M-41 (1;18) is much closer to the correct size. I like my HL Buldog as it runs nice, but won't run it with the others due to it's size. The M-26 is 11' 6" wide but the Bulldog is foot smaller at 10'6" and 3 feet shorter.
Guess HL tried to save some money and just use the same chassis.
Old 11-17-2007, 01:23 PM
Panther F

Received 41 Likes on 38 Posts

I've always liked the Walker Bulldog! The pictures of it though does look like it's a little too wide. Someone on here did one in a Merc camo scheme? That looked pretty cool.

Jeff
Old 11-17-2007, 01:59 PM
blitzkrieg65

The Walker looks close enough for me, gotta go with it being the USMC version! Honey Christmass is coming????

Customiziable sound is point of frustration on a couple the threads lately, hummmmm. Can you customize the engine sound with the El Mod upgrade, Ibelieve that you can?

The Blitz
Old 11-17-2007, 02:50 PM
swathdiver

HL used the same road wheels and suspension arms as on the Pershing to save costs I guess. This made the tracks too wide to be scale, the side fenders and mufflers are much too wide compared to the real thing. I strive for realism but eventually got over it and it sure does look tough with those wide tracks. Imagine if the real Walker had tracks that wide, there would be no pictures of them stuck in the mud in Cambodia! The HL Walker is arguably the most agile of their tanks.

I think you're referring to my Mythical Winter MERDC? Two other guys did them in non-US MERDC patterns too.
Old 11-17-2007, 03:23 PM
Panther F

Received 41 Likes on 38 Posts

YUP! That was it!

Wasn't that paint scheme originaly used on one of the M60 versions? It looks perfect for the Walker!

Jeff
Old 11-17-2007, 04:00 PM
swathdiver

MERDC camouflage came out in 1975. Jeeps, trucks, tanks, APCs, even generators were painted in it. They had different colors for each season or terrain making it a complex and costly system. 8 different patterns and colors!

As a kid in South Florida at the time I only remember seeing the MERDC Winter and Summer on Army equipment and Tropic on USMC equipment.
Attached Images         
Old 11-18-2007, 02:39 PM
bravo_2_zero

Fantstic