Community
Search
Notices
RC Tanks Discuss all aspects of rc tank building and driving here!

walker or pershing

Search this Thread

Old 10-05-2006, 02:41 AM
cadets

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: walker or pershing

I heard the bulldog is not true scale size and turret / track size dont match hull ! whats the pershing like I would assume it`s more accurate if it`s a tamiya copy ?
Old 10-05-2006, 03:27 AM
Captainbertie

Yeah....... I've not had any problems running my tanks but
I assume the metal gearbox is to cope with the extra stress metal
tracks place upon the drive train?.................

CaptB
Old 10-05-2006, 05:51 AM
DandareBR

ORIGINAL: WhiteWolf McBride

WP:

Last time I reported someone for this, I went back two days later and the auction was gone. Yea, I'd say eBay takes action. I dunno what they do in the long term, but I've seen a few sellers disappear, and new ones appear selling the same thing, same area, but what have they lost? The FEEDBACK.

Bottom line is, if you do not report them, these guys will get away with scr*wing you over for what amounts to illegal postage. Its a self-policing system... i don't go ad-prowling to find twerps like that one, but when I do find one, I DO report them.
I don't know they (ebay) take actions if the seller overcharges the shipping. That't why they always ask the seller to tell how much would be the shipping. If the shipping is described in the auction, than the seller can't really compain if it is too high.
If that's the case (reporting illegal postage), one seller we should report is the VS TANK STORE because they are selling their 1/24 tanks for US$ 9,00 with shipping of US$ 90,00 in the US.
Old 10-05-2006, 07:10 AM
kuhndog599

holy cow!
Old 10-05-2006, 08:43 AM
titan20

Yeah, I can't understand why a reputable company like VS (with the VS Store having 100% feedback by the way), charging $90 for shipping, even if you do get the tank for $10 bucks. I think that is a way to compete with all of these fly-by-night places that do the same. I would rather VS just charge $90 for the tank and $10 for shipping, because that's how much you pay for the VS tanks anywhere else anyway.
Old 10-05-2006, 11:22 AM
bhop73

ORIGINAL: titan20

Yeah, I can't understand why a reputable company like VS (with the VS Store having 100% feedback by the way), charging $90 for shipping, even if you do get the tank for $10 bucks. I think that is a way to compete with all of these fly-by-night places that do the same. I would rather VS just charge $90 for the tank and $10 for shipping, because that's how much you pay for the VS tanks anywhere else anyway.

It's because ebay's fees increase as the final bid increases. So smaller final bid = smaller fees. Basically people that are making their money on shipping are using this loophole to avoid paying ebay their fees. I guess it's "smart" for them, and sure ebay's fees can be annoying, but when you agree to sell something on ebay, you also agree to their policies, so to me, it seems like a dishonest way to do business, so I probably wouldn't deal with a seller like that myself.
Old 10-05-2006, 10:06 PM
Harquebus

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I think we have all come to the conclusion that the HL tanks, at least the Pershing and Tiger, are not real copies. But they are close. Both the Tiger I and Pershing are dimensionally the same as the Tamiya counterpart but both have barrels that are a bit too short and other minor details only noticeable to the trained eye.

I don't have a M41 Walker Bulldog to compare with but I've read some opinions that suggest that the tank is something like 1/14 scale instead of 1/16...

But yes, the Pershing is very accurate.

-Harq

ORIGINAL: cadets

I heard the bulldog is not true scale size and turret / track size dont match hull ! whats the pershing like I would assume it`s more accurate if it`s a tamiya copy ?
Old 10-06-2006, 01:19 AM
cadets

thanks for the reply just by looking it does seem the bulldog is too big when it should be smaller than the pershing
Old 10-06-2006, 02:17 AM
bhop73

I was looking for M41 pics the other day and found a 1/15 kit of a Walker Bulldog made by Glencoe. (just searched, here's the link)
http://www.cybermodeler.com/hobby/ki...glen_m41.shtml

I wonder if this kit was possibly used by HL as a guide for their version? Hence, the slightly bigger scale..
Old 10-06-2006, 10:17 PM
Harquebus

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hey Lando,

Yes, I think most of us here thought that the Glencoe Bulldog was the direct inspiration for the HL Bulldog but at least the HL tank is so much better. I mean the Glencoe Bulldog is, well, a real dog. But to be fair it is a old kit made by older standards.

Many moons ago icecreamslick bought one to convert to RC thinking it was a reasonable kit and was appalled when he opened the box. Lesson learned...

I think the reason for the bigger scale/larger size of the M41 might have something to do with how HL used some of the Pershing's running gear (i.e., the road wheels since they're basically identical) and therefore scaled the tank according to the Pershing wheels--if that makes sense.

Happy tanking,
-Harquebus

ORIGINAL: bhop73
I was looking for M41 pics the other day and found a 1/15 kit of a Walker Bulldog made by Glencoe. (just searched, here's the link)
http://www.cybermodeler.com/hobby/ki...glen_m41.shtml
I wonder if this kit was possibly used by HL as a guide for their version? Hence, the slightly bigger scale..