Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Tanks
Reload this Page >

Did anyone see Firepower on the Military Channel this weekend?

Community
Search
Notices
RC Tanks Discuss all aspects of rc tank building and driving here!

Did anyone see Firepower on the Military Channel this weekend?

Search this Thread

Old 10-16-2006, 07:59 AM
titan20

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Did anyone see Firepower on the Military Channel this weekend?

This was the coolest show I've ever seen on T.V. It featured the top 4 modern MBTs - the Challenger, the Leclarc (spelling?), the Abrams, and the Leopard. I normally detest everything French -- but I couldn't believe how truly awesome the French MBT was (r/c model companies -- are you listening?). That sucker was jumping and bustin' big air like freestyle motocross riders. It was jumping nose high and completely airborne!!!! So were the Leopards. The program showed all the versions of the Leopard, and several A4s in snow camo in formation -- and they were all "jumping." This leads me to a question for Tamiya owners -- is the Tamiya Leo fast? Can it jump? We all whine and snivel about r/c tanks being "way too fast" -- maybe we should be saying they are "way to slow"!!! At least, the modern MBTs.
Old 10-16-2006, 08:34 AM
WhiteWolf McBride
My Feedback: (3)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Did anyone see Firepower on the Military Channel this weekend?

Jeeze...

No Merkava 4? Thats really gotta suck. Then again, with that Israel-Lebanon thing recently, I'd not be surprised if the Isreali Defence Ministry dinna want to let 'em near the Merkavas.

And before you cheap-shot 'em... look at what the Israeli's have done with M113's (they have got the armored Hummers & LAV's BEAT) and they started by making 'obsolete' Shermans into deadly killers.

Not bad for an itty-bitty country that only came into 'official' existance in 1948.

Then again, my two cents is gonna have to be spent on new momentary switches... (Circuit City 'Nextech' ones are GARBAGE)