Community
Search
Notices
RC Tanks Discuss all aspects of rc tank building and driving here!

Tank

Search this Thread

Old 11-16-2006, 01:31 PM
C-Fraser..::HPI::..

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tank

Can these things actually shoot like do the cannons work can u actually have a war a run like paint balls through the cannon or something like that or they just 4 looks?????
Old 11-16-2006, 02:09 PM
Wozwasnt

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts
Default RE: Tank

The Heng Long tanks fire bb pellets (6mm) so they can be used for paintball battles.
Old 11-16-2006, 02:11 PM

i just think it would be sweet have like 5 on 5 or somethin like that and u drive round and rip shoots at eachothers tanks would be killer other then that wat u guys use it 4 just 4 fun
Old 11-17-2006, 04:11 AM
schutzstaffel

that is what i was thinking to do first...

[]but 1 month latter you will find yourself ,
repainting,modifying,
adding details,3 figurines,dreaming of metal tracks,then,
you will realized that ...

your are hook to rc tank !![:@]

be carful with these [sm=lol.gif][sm=lol.gif]
Old 11-17-2006, 06:08 PM
FMB42

C-F, check out the RC warship combat forum here. These people are serious about shooting! And schutzstaffel knows what he is talking about. It is very easy to get hooked on this stuff.
Old 11-17-2006, 11:04 PM
Harquebus

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Seconded. The 6mm paintballs are somewhat dodgy in that they need a lot of velocity to break on impact and that is sometimes more than what these tanks can provide. The Tokyo-Marui tanks in 1/24 scale also shoot airsoft BB's.

A somewhat lengthy, dated yet entertaining review of the Tokyo Marui radio controlled JGSDF Type 90 tank here:

http://www.dansdata.com/mtank.htm
General info.... http://www.backyardarmor.com/Tokyo%20Marui%20Tanks.htm

On the other hand, there's the 1/16 Tamiya and 1/24 Marui and VS Tank tanks that shoot infrared beams at each other that register a "hit" on the opponent's tank and renders damage that slows the tank and eventually "kills" it.

VS Tank IR Pro general info... http://www.backyardarmor.com/VSTanks-Abrams.htm

-Harq

ORIGINAL: Wozwasnt

The Heng Long tanks fire bb pellets (6mm) so they can be used for paintball battles.
Old 11-18-2006, 10:38 AM
swathdiver

If you do a search on this and other tank forums you'll find plenty of information regarding this topic.
Old 11-18-2006, 11:12 AM
Thalass

I've seen video of some r/c tank combat clubs. On board cameras and such. It's pretty awesome. This particular group used modified paintball markers as "artillery", as well as markers mounted on tanks.

I'd like to see R/C ships doing the same thing... A battleship with fully functional guns... that'd be a helluva broadside!
Old 11-18-2006, 04:33 PM
Harquebus

Surprised you seem to have never heard of this. It is called RC Warship Combat. They do have fully functional main guns, sometimes in fully functional turrets that turn. The funny thing is they close to within one to two feet of each other then fire their guns (broadside usually) at their opponent's waterline/below waterline area hoping to get them to sink.

Here's a video amongst a collection of similar videos which tells the story pretty well... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hZjia...elated&search=

-Harq

ORIGINAL: Thalass

I'd like to see R/C ships doing the same thing... A battleship with fully functional guns... that'd be a helluva broadside!
Old 11-19-2006, 03:12 PM

[quote]ORIGINAL: Harquebus

Surprised you seem to have never heard of this. It is called RC Warship Combat. They do have fully functional main guns, sometimes in fully functional turrets that turn. The funny thing is they close to within one to two feet of each other then fire their guns (broadside usually) at their opponent's waterline/below waterline area hoping to get them to sink.

Here's a video amongst a collection of similar videos which tells the story pretty well... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hZjia...elated&search=

-Harq

THATS AWSOME thats wat im talkin bout u got any other vid of that man or any other types of battles
Old 11-19-2006, 06:16 PM
Harquebus

Yes, there's more.

I hinted to the fact that the video on the link had some similar videos. Look in the tab that says "Related" and there's more warship combat videos.....

I suggest you take this over to the model ship forum as it's off-topic here.

-Harq
Old 11-19-2006, 09:19 PM

ORIGINAL: Harquebus

Yes, there's more.

I hinted to the fact that the video on the link had some similar videos. Look in the tab that says "Related" and there's more warship combat videos.....

I suggest you take this over to the model ship forum as it's off-topic here.

-Harq
Well i rather c a Tank Battle vid soo i think i leave this here thanx u very much