Community
Search
Notices
RC Tanks Discuss all aspects of rc tank building and driving here!

Introduction

Search this Thread

Old 11-18-2006, 11:29 AM
The Casso

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Introduction

Hello all! My name is Marco, and I can feel myself becoming addicted to tanks.

y'all:Hello Marco.

Anyway, I bought an HL Tiger I on a whim cause I had $75 of Amazon.com gift certificates. When I got it in the mail, there was this feeling, kinda like it was Christmas time. I opened it up and was disappointed that the battery didn't come charged (wishful thinking). After about 20 minutes of charge, I put the battery in and immediately started chasing my cat around.

It only took me one day before I mounted two wireless cameras on the tank. One at the rear of the tank facing forward over the turret, and one on the turret at the front next to the barrell. Then, from my living room, with my picture-in-picture tv, watching both cameras on the tank, I raced around my back yard, down the driveway to the front yard and started shooting at squirrels (not hitting, just shooting at, don't get all PETA on me).

Well, it was only a couple days later when I got online and ordered 2 more tanks, which arrived yesterday at my mom's (can't tell the fiance that I bought them just yet, we're going to Ecuador for 12 days and are supposed to be "saving for the trip"). Over Thanksgiving I plan to mount cameras on all the tanks, and then have a battle with my two brothers (one of them is going to Iraq after Thanksgiving). Really, it'll just be fun driving around watching other tanks from your tank's perspective.

My older brother is getting me a metal kit for the HL Tiger for my birthday (next month!). I can't wait. Until then I have the tank taken apart trying to figure where to mount the cameras on the inside. I've searced the forum (albeit half assed) but have't found any posts on the subject of wireless cameras mounted to the tanks. Anyone have any experience with this?

So I've been lurking in this forum for a while now and I just thought I'd introduce myself. Hello.

Marco
Old 11-18-2006, 12:12 PM
Panther F

Received 41 Likes on 38 Posts
Default RE: Introduction

Hello and welcome Marco!!

Looks like you've been bitten with the tank bug buddy! Thanks for the 'video camera' story!

Jeff
Old 11-18-2006, 12:48 PM
kuhndog599

fortunately for you, you have 2 cameras. i used my brothers and do what you do. lol.
Old 11-18-2006, 05:40 PM
ssocr

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Marco,

Could I ask you what kind of cam you use to take pics from your tanks? Am looking for something to do the same thing. Would like to have it hooked up to my PC rather than TV so that I can record it.

Thanks.
Old 11-19-2006, 01:19 PM
GD Dave

Welcome Marco!
Have fun and good luck with your tanks! If you're interested in joining a Tank Club, there is the TEXAS ARMOR ASSOCIATION. We are always looking for new members. We welcome any type of tank, even though we are predominantly Tamiya. We also have tanks battles once a month, either in Austin (Camp Mabry), Monaville (or Houston, hasn't been decided yet) and San Antonio. Drop NEMESIS4U a PM, he can fill you in on all the details if interested.
Old 11-19-2006, 03:02 PM
swathdiver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Where's your brother going to in Iraq?

I'm about to send my buddy a HL Tiger to battle the terrorists in Fallujah! hehehe