Community
Search
Notices
RC Tanks Discuss all aspects of rc tank building and driving here!

questions?

Search this Thread

Old 11-20-2006, 06:05 AM
pantiger man

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default questions?

hi guys me and my freind just oredered our tanks today i got the hl bulldog and my freind got the hl snow leopard we are so exicited about getting these beasts(since its our first rc tank). Anyway back to the questions.

Does the bulldog have a good suspension system and whats the pros and cons about this tank?

Whats the pros and cons of the pershing?

And this is for people with the hl bulldog does it have a towbar and if so will it be able to tow things?

And last one my freind is stuck on what coulour sceme to paint his tank any pics would be greately appreciated.

thanks for your help guys.

kind regards pantigerman.
Old 11-20-2006, 06:42 AM
irongutz

Default RE: questions?

your gonna love the bulldog its got what I think is the best suspension of all hl tanks. If you slam the stick forward it will squat somewhat. They do have front hooks for towing and i think the pershing has rear hooks cant really remember. My pershing airsoft fires twice as hard as the bulldog but still the bulldog looks cooler to me. As far as painting goes there is several awesome tanks in this forum browse the gallery your sure to be inspired.
Old 11-20-2006, 07:08 AM
pantiger man

thanks for the replies and info irongutz anymore very well appreciated.

kind regrds pantigerman.
Old 11-20-2006, 09:13 AM
shenlonco
My Feedback: (2)

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

Bulldog is awesome!
M26 is nice also
Old 11-21-2006, 02:07 AM
Harquebus

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Both are probably the best tanks in the current HL lineup. We shall see how that statement holds up when the Pz III is released...

The Pershing has a towing bar (U-shaped bracket) and actually has the pintle hook/hitch mounted on the rear of the hull next to the exhaust outlet. This can be pulled off, drilled out to accept a small machine screw and mounted on the tow bar (which also has to be drilled out) with a small nut.
The M41 has this same setup but I don't know if the pintle hook is included anywhere on the tank. On the Pershing pic below, you can see that the stowage bracket for the pintle hook is located right below the stencil "M26". This is where the pintle is mounted on the HL M26.

As for M26 colour schemes, you cannot go wrong with basic Olive Drab. Boring and uninspired perhaps but it can always be weathered with liberal applications of "dust" and "mud"; either the real thing or applied with the appropriate coloured paint, as well as weathering the paint to varying shade lighter (paint fade).
As for alternatives, there are Korean War paint schemes meant to frighten the superstitious Chinese. Many of these have monster or tiger faces painted on them.

http://www.wartrunkmodels.com/index.htm
http://naritafamily.com/Scalemodel/r...hoto_frame.htm

Hope this helps,
-Harq
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ur52357.jpg
Views:	20
Size:	49.3 KB
ID:	564174   Click image for larger version

Name:	Xs59196.jpg
Views:	14
Size:	57.5 KB
ID:	564175  
Old 11-21-2006, 04:52 AM
pantiger man

thank you very much for info harq your a huge help.

kind regards pantigerman.