Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Tanks
Reload this Page >

New version of 1/18 Panzer IV out

Community
Search
Notices
RC Tanks Discuss all aspects of rc tank building and driving here!

New version of 1/18 Panzer IV out

Search this Thread

Old 11-20-2006, 09:53 AM
titan20

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New version of 1/18 Panzer IV out

Well, I bought a new toy this weekend. There is a new version of the Ultimate Soldier Panzer IV at Wal-Mart (actually two new versions). The one I bought is a German grey version with the very short barrel. The other version is a desert yellow with the long barrel and muzzle break (the first version of this tank was desert yellow camo I think). Anyway, I unpacked it, put my rechargeable NiMh AA batteries in it, and took it for a spin. IT IS HORRIBLY FAST! I mean that in the most negative way possible. Others on this forum talked about it being too fast, but I thought they meant too fast like the HL Tiger. It is A LOT faster than the tiger, and since there is no proportional control, it is for the most part, simply not driveable in factory trim. So I've already started modifications. I took the turret armor skirts off first, and that made a big improvement in the looks, and added some more German decals, and painted the hatch moutned machine gun and the inside of the hatch covers. I made the battery compartment mod described on this forum, too, eliminated two of the AA batteries in the middle (it uses 6) for a new total of 4, making two jumper wires to lower the voltage and thus, the speed. Now it runs 100% better, and is actually pretty controllable. It would still be nice to have proportional control (as some on here are doing already), but it does pretty good now. The tools on the tank are all molded and painted separately, which is very good detail.
Old 11-20-2006, 10:54 AM
JJM

Default RE: New version of 1/18 Panzer IV out

Hmm, maybe it would make good target practice for my Pershing!

I had the M113, tool it back though.
Old 11-20-2006, 10:57 AM
Turbobearcat

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

How about a picture of this beast Titan!
Old 11-20-2006, 11:21 AM
titan20

Here is a pic. It came out lighter than the actual model (the gray is darker).
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Lj21423.jpg
Views:	19
Size:	52.1 KB
ID:	563687  
Old 11-20-2006, 11:24 AM
titan20

Once you cut the power down, it's not a bad little tank (and a cheap way to get a Panzer IV!). I'm sure, as some of the others have done, that fitting HL electronics or high end esc and radio would make it a pretty good machine. The big downside to me are the tracks (look good, but are a one piece tacky rubber), and no suspension. Still, it is fun to run indoors. I'm not sure it would make a great outdoors machine anyway. Truthfully, I'm starting to run mine more and more inside at the office at at home. I don't like to get them in the dirt anymore -- it seems like that just leads to problems. The exception is my Pershing, which I have set up to take more of an offroad beating, and the factory tracks are almost indestructable.
Old 11-20-2006, 01:09 PM
shenlonco
My Feedback: (2)

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

NICE!
Old 11-20-2006, 01:36 PM
TIGER76

Looks cool titan
Old 11-20-2006, 01:54 PM
schutzstaffel

thanks for the picture.
Old 11-20-2006, 02:23 PM
Turbobearcat

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Let me answer that question how well it works outside..

http://media.putfile.com/Panzer--Tiger-tanks-outside

mine worked great outside..
Old 11-21-2006, 10:52 PM
PoisonPorkChop

Hello
just wondering if you can tell me what they are going for $$? any features??? Thanks..
Old 11-22-2006, 02:20 PM
titan20

$49.95. It has engine sound (which sucks), cannon fire sound and recoil (whole tank moves), and the turret moves (however barrel cycles up and down with turret movement -- no idenpendent control), drives like a tank with a stick controlling each track. Has very nice tools, lots and lots of opening hatches, and looks decent with factory weathering. It drives o.k. after the battery box mod, my only real gripe is the controller -- you have to push the sticks hard to control it. It's not a bad tank, especially for the money, and you can have the rare (in toy form at least) Panzer IV. It's funny -- in real life, there were thousands and thousands of regular Panzers produced, and only a handful of Tigers -- yet all the toys are of Tigers! Go figure.