Community
Search
Notices
RC Tanks Discuss all aspects of rc tank building and driving here!

Something new.....

Search this Thread

Old 11-21-2006, 11:18 AM
icecreamslick
My Feedback: (9)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Something new.....

My local Wal-Mart has a few new items from Ultimate Soldier, so I decided to buy a couple for the T.A.A. battlefield. [sm=thumbup.gif] There was at least one other version of the Hanomag, but I did not have enough money for both.

(figures sold separately )

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Qo40448.jpg
Views:	10
Size:	64.1 KB
ID:	564341   Click image for larger version

Name:	Wr55190.jpg
Views:	8
Size:	62.4 KB
ID:	564342   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ek14929.jpg
Views:	9
Size:	48.4 KB
ID:	564343  
Old 11-21-2006, 11:22 AM
GD Dave

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Something new.....

Here in S.A., our stupid Wally World doesn't carry any of the good stuff. Yesterday, I picked up a FW 190 (1/18) from ultimate soldier for $5.00! Only because it was damaged. Other than that I've been to at least 7 Wally Worlds and none of them have much of anything
Old 11-21-2006, 11:55 AM
icecreamslick

OK, Dave. [sm=tired.gif] I got the subtle hint........I'll go buy the other Hanomag, but I'm telling my wife that you told me to.

I know I'm a dork for playing with army men at my age, but I love this stuff.

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Yv65965.jpg
Views:	6
Size:	53.7 KB
ID:	564363   Click image for larger version

Name:	Nj25562.jpg
Views:	10
Size:	59.1 KB
ID:	564364   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ch97623.jpg
Views:	11
Size:	60.9 KB
ID:	564365   Click image for larger version

Name:	Rl24785.jpg
Views:	7
Size:	54.2 KB
ID:	564366  
Old 11-21-2006, 08:04 PM
GD Dave

No Seriously 'slick, I've been to every one here in S.A., IH 35 supercenter and in New Braunfels, none of them have anything. Oh yeah, smaller scale, larger scale, pirates, starwars, disney.........and everything else. I'm gonna complain to my Congressman!! (like they will do something about it or anything else...)
Old 11-21-2006, 09:38 PM
kuhndog599

yeah walmart only carries stupid stuff. like cartoons these days - what happened to tom and jerry and the good stuff. its now all this stupid stuff. i dont see how anyone could like the new stuff.
Old 11-21-2006, 10:50 PM
Harquebus

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Well 'slick, they didn't have stuff this cool when we were little. But now I suppose this stuff is more "collectable item" than toy. I mean, demographically, what 8-12 year olds (assuming that is the recommended age) are into WWII toys?

If you're using them as static props for a tank battlefield, that's one thing. If you're actively playing with them, pushing the Hanomag around and making "vroom-vroom" noises, that's another...

I can almost take offense with what you said, kuhndog599. It has been my experience that Wallyworld has carried more cool stuff above and beyond even what Toys R Us or other dedicated toy stores stock on their shelves. The whole Ultimate Soldier range, the 1/6 M5A1 Stuart, etc. Other toy stores are afraid to offer the WWII themed toys, especially German/Nazi wares... Even Wal-Mart, if I recall correctly, succumbed to complaints about the ever-offensive Swastika on some of those very toys.

-H

ORIGINAL: icecreamslick

Old 11-21-2006, 11:33 PM
icecreamslick

If you're using them as static props for a tank battlefield, that's one thing. If you're actively playing with them, pushing the Hanomag around and making "vroom-vroom" noises, that's another...

Maybe a little of both. Sometimes I set everything up in the yard and drive my Sherman and Hummel around, by myself. I have just about convinced my wife, Jessica, to let me make part of our backyard into a battlefield for the T.A.A. guys to hold "meetings"....maybe by spring. [sm=thumbup.gif]

Jason
Old 11-22-2006, 06:41 AM
Panther F

Received 41 Likes on 38 Posts

Who can pass up a new toy now and then!! I've got about 13 of those vehicles sitting around (tanks and soft skins) and 5 planes too. It sure beats having to build all of them!! What our local Walmart doesn't carry, there's always a vendor at my finger tips!

It just makes more time for the R/C stuff! Which is hard to find time for.

Wish my backyard was a battlefield ... hmmmmmmmmm.
Old 11-22-2006, 09:20 AM
kuhndog599

ORIGINAL: Harquebus

Well 'slick, they didn't have stuff this cool when we were little. But now I suppose this stuff is more "collectable item" than toy. I mean, demographically, what 8-12 year olds (assuming that is the recommended age) are into WWII toys?

I can almost take offense with what you said, kuhndog599. It has been my experience that Wallyworld has carried more cool stuff above and beyond even what Toys R Us or other dedicated toy stores stock on their shelves. The whole Ultimate Soldier range, the 1/6 M5A1 Stuart, etc. Other toy stores are afraid to offer the WWII themed toys, especially German/Nazi wares... Even Wal-Mart, if I recall correctly, succumbed to complaints about the ever-offensive Swastika on some of those very toys.

-H

ORIGINAL: icecreamslick

my bad, its just that my walmart doesnt carry anything. the most interesting things they carry are wwii planes, which there are hardly any (2-3 of the same type).
my bad, its just that my walmart doesnt carry anything. the most interesting things they carry are wwii planes, which there are hardly any (2-3 of the same type).
Old 11-22-2006, 10:48 PM
Harquebus

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Note to all: Since Wal-Mart seems to dominate the USA, be sure to visit all the stores in your area. Not every Wal-Mart has the same selection. In fact the Super Wal-Marts often have the best selection of everything including toys.

They are very common in the east where I used to live (VA) and I too used to the visit different stores to source certain items.

-Harq