Community
Search
Notices
RC Tanks Discuss all aspects of rc tank building and driving here!

bulldog barrel

Search this Thread

Old 11-22-2006, 03:07 PM
kuhndog599

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default bulldog barrel

as some of you know, i'm having trouble with the airsoft part. i was just curious, but there is a little slit near the mantlet where the barrel starts, probably half an inch of the barrel. I was wondering if the rest of the barrel was connected by this. like maybe they slid together somehow. does anyone know?
Old 11-22-2006, 10:53 PM
Harquebus

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: bulldog barrel

I'd like to help you but I'm not sure what you're talking about. I'll just say that the actual gun barrel is aluminum tubing and it's encased in a plastic outer barrel that is usually split down the length of the barrel. These two halves are glued together at the factory. Perhaps yours was not glued properly?

The two materials (aluminum barrel and plastic outer barrel) are slid together in that manner, though.

-Harq
Old 11-23-2006, 09:28 AM
kuhndog599

yeah, basically i want to take the plastic off. i dont know how to take the airsoft gun off the turret. i want to take a close look at the area the bb's load.
Old 11-23-2006, 09:38 AM
Wozwasnt

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

This is the inside of the BB gun. It's pretty simple stuff.

I'm trying to work out a way to make it recoil when it fires.
Old 11-23-2006, 09:49 AM
Captainbertie

Hi wozwasnt,

I am going to do the same thing.....my idea was to make a slot in the side of the gun, fix a pin into the retracting barrel. The pin would then be joined to the recoiling gun barrel portion via a small wire 'snake'
......just a concept at the moment but I will be experimenting with this on my panther and tiger upgrades.................good luck and let me know how you get on.........

Cheers

Geoff