Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Tanks
Reload this Page >

HL Proportional Adjustment

Community
Search
Notices
RC Tanks Discuss all aspects of rc tank building and driving here!

HL Proportional Adjustment

Search this Thread

Old 11-22-2006, 11:44 PM
ScottyS

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HL Proportional Adjustment

So now that my Walker is running, I've gotten a chance to see how it all works. Definitely worth the $$. Anyways, I like the variable speed control of the S&S system. My top speed is pretty low, and I like that. I may even swap the motors out for something with more torque at the low end.

What's I'd like to know (and I searched) is if someone has found a way to adjust the speed control engagement, as I seem to hit top speed less than 1/2 way through the stick's travel. It would be really nice to have the speed ramp up slower so I have more low-end control. Anybody?

I'm wondering if the mods (if any) would have to be done on the transmitter side, perhaps modding the resistance of the throttle or something.
Old 11-23-2006, 09:26 PM
benny2.0

Default RE: HL Proportional Adjustment

sounds good to me. if i remember right its supposed have like 10 throttle levels but it doesn't seem so. id look at the transmitter and see what the resistance is at the potentiometer or what ever its called. if its to jumpy or cheep i know at the hobby shop you can by replacement ones for a brand name transmitter
Old 02-04-2008, 06:35 AM
MCC1

Did you ever figure anything out?

Thanks,
Dan
Old 02-04-2008, 08:42 AM
pzrwest

There are 2 types of pots, linear taper and audio taper. One is a gradual increase in resistance the other isn't
Old 02-04-2008, 08:42 AM
blitzkrieg65

ORIGINAL: ScottyS

So now that my Walker is running, I've gotten a chance to see how it all works. Definitely worth the $$. Anyways, I like the variable speed control of the S&S system. My top speed is pretty low, and I like that. I may even swap the motors out for something with more torque at the low end.

What's I'd like to know (and I searched) is if someone has found a way to adjust the speed control engagement, as I seem to hit top speed less than 1/2 way through the stick's travel. It would be really nice to have the speed ramp up slower so I have more low-end control. Anybody?

I'm wondering if the mods (if any) would have to be done on the transmitter side, perhaps modding the resistance of the throttle or something.
Scotty,

The DBC gives you proportional realistic drive, you don't have to buy the DBU, the DBC also give you the ability to add a custom cannon sound and the ability to disable the Tank rocker recoil or you can keep it! Tip if you change the motors put some kind cooling on it, fan large heatsink,,,,And check out the specs on the DBC here...

http://www.rctankwars.com/Battlecircuits.html

The Blitz
Old 02-04-2008, 06:45 PM
fv432
Banned

hi blitz very interested in the DBC and had discussed a few ideas with darkith a little while ago
have also built a circuit to try on my tiger wich i hope will eliminate the re-coil of the whole darn tank
(just need to get it from my dad's workshop to mine and in the tiger[&o])
but due to me being a real tight a**e ere any options for buying just the P.C.Bs and adding my own parts
as it may be a cheaper option for me (do you and david have any agents selling the DBC in europe yet)
must spend a few minutes looking over your excellent website to get a few ideas

rob
Old 02-04-2008, 08:00 PM
thomasjohnmurphy

Not that its what you are looking for but to slow down my tank (and give it more power) I relaced the pinion gears from the stock 10 point to an 8 point gear. There's a noticeable difference. Its an easy and cheap mod and its almost a necessity if you upgrade to metal tracks.
Old 02-04-2008, 08:31 PM
patpatballball8888

Great idea, by the way, what is the diameter of the stock motor shaft ? I have spare spare pinion sitting around so I would like to have a try.
Old 02-04-2008, 09:59 PM
blitzkrieg65

ORIGINAL: fv432

hi blitz very interested in the DBC and had discussed a few ideas with darkith a little while ago
have also built a circuit to try on my tiger wich i hope will eliminate the re-coil of the whole darn tank
(just need to get it from my dad's workshop to mine and in the tiger[&o])
but due to me being a real tight a**e ere any options for buying just the P.C.Bs and adding my own parts
as it may be a cheaper option for me (do you and david have any agents selling the DBC in europe yet)
must spend a few minutes looking over your excellent website to get a few ideas

rob
No Agents in Europe yet, but I am selling to Singapore, not too bad of shipping costs! PM your address and I will get with my shipping and see what it will cost???

The Blitz[sm=shades_smile.gif]
Old 02-05-2008, 02:34 AM
MCC1

ORIGINAL: thomasjohnmurphy

Not that its what you are looking for but to slow down my tank (and give it more power) I relaced the pinion gears from the stock 10 point to an 8 point gear. There's a noticeable difference. Its an easy and cheap mod and its almost a necessity if you upgrade to metal tracks.
Are these pinions readily available?

Old 02-05-2008, 04:53 AM
fv432
Banned

P.M sent
Old 02-05-2008, 09:32 AM
thomasjohnmurphy

Not to sure of the drive axel diameter (could be 2.3mm) Maybe someone here who has the proper measurement device can measure it and let us know. You can get 8 point pinon gears on ebay for a couple of $$$. I had to drill out mine just a bit. Then tapped them on the axel. I had to drill out the motor mounting whole in the gear box just a bit so the pinion gear would sit properly against the first drive gear
Old 02-05-2008, 11:19 AM
patpatballball8888

Thanks Thomas. 2.3mm diameter pinion is very common in RC helicopter and costs about $1 each. Also many of different of number of teeth to choose from. One quick tips to remove the old pinion is to heat the pinion up for about 8 seconds with a lighter while turning the motor then simply prise the pinion off with a screwdriver.
No damage is cause to either the pinion or motor as long as the heat is not applied for too long.
Old 02-05-2008, 05:32 PM
thomasjohnmurphy

Thanks that's good to know. I just cut mine off with a dremel tool. It would have been nice to be able to relace them after using your technique
Old 02-05-2008, 07:40 PM
MCC1

Does this look like it would work?

http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXMRG2&P=7

Old 02-05-2008, 09:58 PM
thomasjohnmurphy

Perfect. You could probably get the exact same cheaper on ebay
Old 02-06-2008, 10:17 AM