Community
Search
Notices
RC Tanks Discuss all aspects of rc tank building and driving here!

charge times.

Search this Thread

Old 11-24-2006, 07:43 PM
pantiger man

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default charge times.

hi guys, just recieved my bulldog on thursday these tanks are much better than i thought they would have been but the sad thing is im not aloud to drive it till christmas.(parants wreck all the fun.)[:@]
Anyway i was just wondering how long does it usually take you guys to fully charge your hl tanks and how much running time approximetly do you get out of these beasts and does anybody know how reenable the bb system do have fiddle with some wires or reconnect them because me and my freind want to have battles when he gets his snow leopard.

And also i will try and post some more pics of the trailer i am constructing(ive been busy the last couple of weekends), and my other freind who was apparentely going to build a caravan for the tanks has went back on his promise and is not interested in rc tanks anymore(thinks he is too old for them.), so i will see what I can do and will try to make one myself just dont want to dissapoint you guys cause you were looking foward to seeing the caravan and i have just got one worry on the construction of this caravan will it be to heavy for the tank to pull? i am going to try and make it out of balsa wood but want to make like an aluminum chassis.

Any help and replies greately appreciated.

kind regards pantigerman.
Old 11-24-2006, 08:19 PM
crosswind4

Default RE: charge times.

Hi Pantiger

You take the millie amps of the charger if it's the same as mine it is 400 or 500 MAH

Divide it into your Battery mah which is probably 2000mah so for a 500mah Charger your time should be 4 hrs.

The 400 will be 5 hrs.

Hope that helps Cheers

Dave
Old 11-24-2006, 08:41 PM
briz

You friend is "too old for R/C tanks"???????
Get new friends!!!!!
I am 41 and there are guys in ther 60's and 70's on here.........never to old to play!!
It is a hobby for all ages.....plus a little bit of a history lesson as well........
Do what YOU want, not what your friends want.....nuff said!
Old 11-24-2006, 08:48 PM
pantiger man

i do do what i want i am addicted to rc tanks and so are the rest of my freinds exept for that one.
Old 11-25-2006, 12:19 AM
Harquebus

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

How many friends have you got that are interested in RC tanking? Just curious if this hobby makes any sense to modern teenagers...

By the way, here's another thread on batteries that rehashes the answers to your question and provides some more info:
http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_3927969/tm.htm

-Harq
Old 11-27-2006, 12:45 PM
FMB42

Pantiger, keep in "touch" with the battery from time to time during the charging session. Discontinue charging if the battery gets hot at any time. Warm is OK, hot is bad. I guesstimate "hot" as being around 140 deg. Fahrenheit with 180 being about as much as you can stand to touch. I plan on getting the Harbor Freight Tools non-contact thermometer (#93983) they have for $10 so as to monitor batt. temps while charging and during use. I fly electric airplanes and batt/motor heat is a real concern in these units. You probably already know all of this but I mention it just in case.
Old 11-28-2006, 03:42 AM
pantiger man

thanks for the info fmb and harq ive got about 3 freinds that are into r/c tanking we teenagers love military stuff.

kind regards pantigerman.